[PLUGIN][ALPHA-10] City Lights and Clouds on Kerbin/Others

rbray89

Thicker clouds is just a matter of adding moar layers of clouds in the cfg.

Now all the clouds and city lights need is a HD texture so itll look somewhat nicer with Real Solar System :')

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I hope that "buttcrack" in the first picture will get fixed soon :')

Edited by Lucchese

Awsome! could you post the .cfg please ?

Not just .cfg, there's some new textures in there as well so I've put them in. I still have Duna with some clouds, but I'm not wholly happy with the result but it now doesn't look right to me if I remove them. Easy enough to take out of the .cfg though.

Link: http://www./download/mcd0r3btz1jn82t/2013-10-27-Eve-Jool-Duna-Clouds.zip

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to add fog/haze. I would quite like to make Eve even more hellish.

hi19vJz.png

I've found I quite like just sticking infinite fuel on and flying around Eve now.

Edited by Lack

So playing around on Lack's Eve, I can't help but feel that the cloudy landscape makes Eve especially eerie, it actually kind of fits the mood of this song.

Maybe when things like this become stock they should have a soundtrack for Eve that sounds something like that.

Not just .cfg, there's some new textures in there as well so I've put them in. I still have Duna with some clouds, but I'm not wholly happy with the result but it now doesn't look right to me if I remove them. Easy enough to take out of the .cfg though.

Link: http://www./download/mcd0r3btz1jn82t/2013-10-27-Eve-Jool-Duna-Clouds.zip

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to add fog/haze. I would quite like to make Eve even more hellish.

hi19vJz.png

I've found I quite like just sticking infinite fuel on and flying around Eve now.

I put the new .cfg and textures on the BoulderCo folder on gamedata, but now there are no clouds on any planet, just city lights.

Edited by Carneiro

I put the new .cfg and textures on the BoulderCo folder on gamedata, but now there are no clouds on any planet, just city lights.

Going to need a bit more info than that.

Are you using Alpha-7 and what does your file structure look like now?

Should have Alpha-7 installed and then the .zip I posted over-writes the .cfg and adds the new textures. So,

[KSP Root Folder]/GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds/cloudLayers.cfg

Which is over-written by the copy in the download.

And,

[KSP Root Folder]/GameData/BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/

in which you should have the two default textures from Alpha-7:

kerbin1.png

mixer1.png

and then the new ones contained in the .zip

eve1.png

fader1.png

Jool1.png

JoolLayers1.png

JoolLayers2.png

mixereve1.png

Edited by Lack

I'm afraid that having the clouds render one more than one planet might cause lag problems for me, do the clouds and lights on kerbin still render if I were, say, in interplanetary space?

is it possible to make the clouds visible from above while still flying in the Kerbin atmosphere? because that is the only current immersion breaker for me.

QFT. Also add some self-illumination, or change the lighting code, even if it's dark where you are, if the clouds are over a lit area of Kerbin, they're lit.

MoARdV:

I added two new layers. First layer gets radius 1.005, offset x = 0.1, speed 0.000026. Second new layer gets radius 1.006, offset x = 0.2, speed = 0.000027

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.