[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

IT IS NOT RO. Realism Overhaul changes parts, that's it. Has nothing to do with time, warp, planets, nothing. It's parts, that's it.

I didn't want it to sound as if I thought that it did.

Meet N-10. It has 118 F-1A engines in hte first stage, with an approximate 950 thousand KN of thrust.

1AzIaNp.png

Based on the formula power = F*Velocity, with V being exhaust velocity, the first stage puts out 2.6 billion kilowatts.

Here is a shot of the engines.

H8FoKNW.png

It has a 45 meter base to the rocket, and the mass of the entire craft(Dummy payload with a computer core as the cone) is so high that in map view the number goes of the screen so I can't tell what it's mass is.

On A completely un-related note, Nathan would it be possible to upscale the KSC to a larger size? It might not be big enough for some of the really large rockets. :P

aiwaplay: yes. You will need to remove the orbit nodes from all planets in the CFG, any mention of radii in the atmosphere nodes or the main planet sections, change all the deformities so they look right for stock-scale planets.

blane048: Doesn't show what planets? Do you mean you don't see *any* planets? How do you even get to Space Center view if there's no Kerbin?

mecki: cool. You might want to mention the issue in the CustomAsteroids thread.

Bluechance: Check the FAQ first. Then try a clean install of *just* KSP and RSS, with the 2048 texture pack. If that still fails, post your output_log.txt / player.log (NOT ksp.log).

braininator: yowza!

I haven't looked into scaling PQSCities, but I don't offhand see a reason they couldn't be.

I had meant that line as a joke to some extent, but being able to scale them would be awesome. My laptop can't handle RO+That craft... Going to transfer the GameData and the save over to my desktop so I get more than 1/15 normal time. Also, once I am on said desktop... I think I can go bigger...

Finally got around to releasing the 10x kerbal configuration. I needed to do much testing first. I have a new thread for this work at

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90547-0-24-*-10x-Kerbol-system-development-for-RSS-Version-1-0-Update-August-2014

Nathan icould you add that link to OP. The days of config file I think are over. Hope people enjoy this work and feel free to post pictures and videos if you like.

Hi,

I tried Asteroid Cities and messed up my game royal just to let you all know so I dont mess anything with asteroids.

I really like this idea and I am looking into this - I may set this up to run on my next roleplay adding more realism and difficulty but I want to be so careful not to ruin my fun factor gameplay; either way this will be fun to check out and kudos to all the work done here - WOW !

Cmdr Zeta

I see all the planets and moons but minmus is still orbiting kerbin, and Eeloo and dres are on their stock ksp orbits.

It doesn't seem like its an install issue to me.

It could do that if you're missing the textures for Kerbin. (Earth textures).

If it does not find them then it will halt parsing of RSS' config file. That would explain why Minmus is still in its default orbit. Mun would also be in its default orbit unless maybe that's where parsing choked.

You need to post your log file so someone can look at it:

• • Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt
  • Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log Aka Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log
  • NOT ksp.log file. Especially not ever.

Starwaster: actually that's happily obsolete as of v7.x--I finally made that fail gracefully. :)

blane048: your issue is an oversight of mine. I will shortly release v7.2, which will fix it. For now, remove the

maxLevel = 14

line from the Pol {} node.

Also: jsimmons, OP updated. :)

Edited by NathanKell

Starwaster: actually that's happily obsolete as of v7.x--I finally made that fail gracefully. :)

blane048: your issue is an oversight of mine. I will shortly release v7.2, which will fix it. For now, remove the

maxLevel = 14

line from the Pol {} node.

Also: jsimmons, OP updated. :)

hurrah! (ten chars)

Changelog

v7.2 \/

*Add camera clip distance changing to the inflight GUI (ALT+G)

*Moved to using a ModuleManager patch for Custom Asteroids, since it has some issues in .24.2. Use CustomAsteroids only if you want...

*Change the name of the Mercury heightmap in the cfg; the texture has a typo in its name, and rather than having everyone redownload textures, I merely changed the cfg to not have an i in the filename.

*Fix big bug with Watchdog (no more black skies)

*Add patch for (forthcoming) RealHeat for RSS atmospheres.

*Change Earth atmosphere and surface coloration a bit

*Add metaphor's curves for Venus, Mars, and Titan.

*Do garbage collection during RSS run (thanks Addie!). RSS should work at higher memory loads in 32bit.

What is atmosphereMultipler in the RealSolarSystem.cfg file?
That's the pressure at sea level (0 altitude) on a planet, as a multiplier of Kerbin sea level pressure.

It's best to just think of it as a general multiplier rather than thinking of it as pressure at sea level, considering that all the planets in RSS with atmospheres have been (or will be) given custom pressure data per planet to match their real life counterparts. Just leave atmosphereMultiplier at 1.

Changing it would involve decisions about changing the curve data or switching back to legacy model.

ok installed the lastest build , all is cool apart from the whole complex looks like it is in a trench unwater. no biggie as launches etc still work

Which means you didn't follow the directions. Gotta have a texture pack, or mix as you like.