[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Hi,

thx. I'm doing excately that, but it doesn't have any effect. What I did not, is using the rss textures. Do I also have to use the rss textures, even though I want a resized kerbol system?

Are you sure? Try putting something into orbit. If it takes 8000m/s, you're doing it right.

Yep, all bodies use the temperatureCurve.

Raptor831: Bwahaha. What's probably going on is regex might not have updated the LaunchSites.cfg based on his own KSCSwitcher changes. As indeed he did not. I'd PM him about if he has an in-dev version he hasn't uploaded, but for now:

In LaunchSites.cfg replaceall Name with displayName and then insert name = (some_short_name) above each displayName.

Like:

Name = Kerbal Space Center

goes to

name = ksc

displayName = Kerbal Space Center

For the atmsopheres, assure each planet with an atmosphere has an AtmosphereFromGround node, even if it's empty. I thought I fixed that bug, but apparently not.

Lastly, you don't need to include any *.obj.

Hello,

I've installed RSS and KW Rocketry and i've no blue sky anymore.

Here's what i have despite it the day :

http://imgur.com/TSoN0w3

http://imgur.com/fnx8SxE

Could you tell me what should i do to have a blue sky again please ?

I use the 4096 textures pack.

Thx by advance.

Sincerely.

Side effect of the way Squad programmed the sky to work. Not much to do about it other than wait for EVE to update and add new atmospheric shaders.

Raptor831: Bwahaha. What's probably going on is regex might not have updated the LaunchSites.cfg based on his own KSCSwitcher changes. As indeed he did not. I'd PM him about if he has an in-dev version he hasn't uploaded

If I did it was on my old computer that the graphics card blew up on. It'd probably take me more time to scavenge all that stuff from it than for someone to just fix it.

Anyway, Raptor831, if you want to take it over be my guest (pretty sure I put it in the public domain). I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for the non-realistic configs lately; even 6.4:1 Kerbin feels like a toy.

If I did it was on my old computer that the graphics card blew up on. It'd probably take me more time to scavenge all that stuff from it than for someone to just fix it.

Anyway, Raptor831, if you want to take it over be my guest (pretty sure I put it in the public domain). I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for the non-realistic configs lately; even 6.4:1 Kerbin feels like a toy.

No worries, actually, the config didn't need much updating after all. I have a feeling I'll end up trying the full-scale solar system eventually, but for now I'll keep up with the 6.4:1 version (which is marked as public domain in your readme file).

That being said, I've got a new thread up for the updated configs. Link here.

I am trying to put an sat into GEO over Kerbin with RSS, my apoapsis is 42.1576 Mm (42,157 km) and periapsis is 42.1544 Mm (42,154 km) but my orbital period is 4d 05h 33m! Whats going on here??? My orbital period shut be 1 day. (RealSolarSystem v7.1, MechJeb2 2.3.1.0)

Edited by Kolago

Your apoapsis and periapsis are measured relative to SL, not the the center of gravitation (otherwise it would say Ap = 6,378 km shortly after takeoff). So while ~42,150 km should be GEO if you were measuring to the center of Earth, they're certainly not if you're measuring to the surface; you'd want ~35,700 km instead.

I've been reading about this mod for a little while and it appears from what I've read that there are multiple KSC's. Is this true or is there only one? If one, where on "Earth" is it?

Also, is the abandoned landing strip on the small island near the KSC still there?

I've been reading about this mod for a little while and it appears from what I've read that there are multiple KSC's. Is this true or is there only one? If one, where on "Earth" is it?

There is only one, but you can dynamically move KSC around in order to utilize the advantages/disadvantages of different launch locations. The sites are set to well-known launch sites on Earth, so if you want to launch from Baikonur, go into the tracking station and move KSC to Baikonur.

Also, is the abandoned landing strip on the small island near the KSC still there?

Technically it should be, but since the small island no longer exists, it's going to he fairly hard to find/use.

blane048: install issue, I assme. Uninstall RSS completely, then download a fresh copy and extract all three folders in the zip to KSP/GameData.

If problem persists:

Cause the problem. Quit KSP (if it hasn't crashed). Upload your entire output log (NOT ksp.log) to dropbox or something.

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt OR KSP_win64\KSP_x64_DATA\output_log.txt (depending on which used)

Mac OSX: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

I have a glitch: when i timewarp, asteroids keep spawning but don't despawn, after a 1 year warp, i have more than 1400 asteroids in the solar system, it make the game unplayable (my game is at 5fps, while it is at 20-25 fps usually)

I have a glitch: when i timewarp, asteroids keep spawning but don't despawn, after a 1 year warp, i have more than 1400 asteroids in the solar system, it make the game unplayable (my game is at 5fps, while it is at 20-25 fps usually)

Same for me!

I was trying hard to figure out what was causing these recent lags. I was already deleting mods and was worried if my computer was alright ;-)

But after this post I know what the problem might be. It might be the 1131 asteroids…

Do you have MaximumWarp/dynamicwarp or timecontrol, mecki?

Maximum warp messes up with customs asteroid, but i don't have it, however, i have timecontrol.

Edited by TheKutKu

No. The only mod that does anything time-related I have is Kerbal Alarm Clock. But I didn't use it yet on the save game I now have the problems with. It's a rather fresh game with some mods installed. Maybe it's the newest git versions of RSS or RO… I didn't change much else before the problem came clear (which of course doesn't have to mean much)

Someone must have noticed if it is only a RSS glitch. It's a conflict with another mod.

Which mod do you have in that list:

Chatter

Custom Biome/asteroid

Deadly reentry

Distant object

Kerbal ENgineer

Fineprint

Firespitter dll

The camera mod

The better iva mod (jsi)

Kerbin orbiter shuttle

KWRocketry

StationDcience

SmokeScreen

Tac life support

Tweak Scale mod

MKS/OKS

Interstellar

VesselView?

Someone must have noticed if it is only a RSS glitch. It's a conflict with another mod.

Which mod do you have in that list:

[…]

I also have:

Chatterer

Deadly Reentry

Kerbal Engineer

Firespitter dll

KW

TAC (RC4)

TweakScale

Until earlier today I also had MKS/OKS (with Karbonite and all dependancies) installed. I uninstalled it today but I can't say if the asteroids where there before or after.

As I said I'm using the latest configs of RSS, DRE and RO from Github.

I also have other mods installed but I only listed the ones we have in common.

No. The only mod that does anything time-related I have is Kerbal Alarm Clock. But I didn't use it yet on the save game I now have the problems with. It's a rather fresh game with some mods installed. Maybe it's the newest git versions of RSS or RO… I didn't change much else before the problem came clear (which of course doesn't have to mean much)

IT IS NOT RO. Realism Overhaul changes parts, that's it. Has nothing to do with time, warp, planets, nothing. It's parts, that's it.

I believe I've seen this before, if a person warps a long time, = a lot of asteroids that don't leave, have to play for a bit w/o warp before it'll go back to normal...IIRC.

Edited by RedAV8R