[1.8.x-1.12.x] Module Manager 4.2.3 (July 03th 2023) - Fireworks season

sarbian

Version 2.8.1

• Improve some exception catching and logging 
  • add -ncats command line option (to be combined with -nyan-nyan)

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll

ModuleManager-2.8.1.zip

34 minutes ago, Maxsimal said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7nRgtUVNfGrUGxqZndwTWJkem8 

Hi sorry, didn't realize it would generate something useful without a CTD.   Here you go.

There was indeed some exception but I was not enough to debug it. I added some code in 2.81 to improve the logging but if you run with RO I guess you are still on KSP 1.2...

Edited by sarbian

37 minutes ago, sarbian said:

Version 2.8.1

• Improve some exception catching and logging 
  • add -ncats command line option (to be combined with -nyan-nyan)

Downloads :

ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll

ModuleManager-2.8.1.zip

There was indeed some exception but I was not enough to debug it. I added some code in 2.81 to improve the logging but if you run with RO I guess you are still on KSP 1.2...

yeah, still on 1.2.2.  Oh well, still probably got most of the DB, didn't need all of it for what I'm testing, thanks for looking at it.

15 hours ago, sarbian said:

add -ncats command line option (to be combined with -nyan-nyan)

Why isn't this stock yet? :)  It adds some visual interest to the loading screen.  Especially for those long, overly-modded game installations.  It's entertaining seeing how long semi-stable orbits hold up in that chaotic of an environment.  I propose 2.8.2 include collisions and mass accretion.  If one of the bodies is massive enough to become a nyan singularity, it could start distorting the background beneath it! :) 

14 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

I propose 2.8.2 include collisions and mass accretion

Collision are already planned. 

I also added some keybinds to zoom, move, spawn new cats, follow the main Cat and prevent the loading screen from finishing :D

All clearly important features for MM.

5 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

lol, this sounds risky

is it a key combination? or just one key?

You press L and it stops MM patching from finishing. It also displays a message saying that the loading is blocked and you should press L to unlock. 

The keybind only works when the orbital cats are showing.

59 minutes ago, SonOfPerdition said:

Yeah, I have no idea what is going wrong, but here's my logs given I'm sharing them correctly.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B5wgOSFASNthNUczQmxMNFI5NUk

Is your problem with MM or are you just posting your logs on random threads hoping for help? 

Either way, we are going to need more information. What is happening in your game?

46 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Is your problem with MM or are you just posting your logs on random threads hoping for help? 

Either way, we are going to need more information. What is happening in your game?

No, my problem is, or I would say was, with MM. It qas freezeing, crashing, whatever you want to call it, on launch durring the "Finalizing" stage.

For whatever reason it just worked after repeatedly trying to start the game. But that was after this post.

44 minutes ago, SonOfPerdition said:

The version of ScanSat you have installed is not compatible with KSP 1.3.  Outdated plugins will crash KSP 1.3.  You should verify that all of your mods are up to date.

As a side note, you have ModuleAnimateEmissive which has not been needed by anything for a long time.

2 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@sarbian What can I do with underscores in a file path, because then the game crashes because of the underscores?

MM and KSP both handle underscores fine.  If KSP is crashing it's likely for a different reason. Most likely at this point in time is that you are on KSP 1.3 but have some plugins that are not updated.  If you want help figuring out what's wrong, please find and upload KSP's log - instructions on how to do that are in the "how to get support" link in my signature.

E: Be sure the log is from right after KSP crashes

Edited by blowfish

5 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@blowfish Sorry, I just heard that there were problems with mm and underscores before and thought it might've been that.

The issue with underscores is with named parts and is similar to the issue with spaces only not as bad and it doesn't affect Module Manager at all. Instead, if you try to reference a part by name, you have to use dot instead of underscore because KSP internally converts it and saves it that way. For instance, you want to see if a particular part is accessible to the player (has researched it) and the part were named "some_part" in its config, you would have to refer to it as "some.part" in your code. But it doesn't crash anything and, again, doesn't affect Module Manager and in a MM patch you would still refer to it as "some_part"

Hello everyone! Is there's a way to create (with MM) a new part (by cloning let's say SQUAD part) and designate it to another mod?

So the filter extensions, janitor closed will recognize it as another mod part, not SQUAD?

1 hour ago, evileye.x said:

Hello everyone! Is there's a way to create (with MM) a new part (by cloning let's say SQUAD part) and designate it to another mod?

So the filter extensions, janitor closed will recognize it as another mod part, not SQUAD?

you can duplicate a part using

+PART[XXXXX]
{
	@name = YYYYY
}

where XXXXX is the name of the part you want to copy and YYYYY is the name you want to give the new part

for the janitor closet you will need to ask on their thread what they look for in a cfg and change that as well

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

where XXXXX is the name of the part you want to copy and YYYYY is the name you want to give the new part

Yes, thank you.

But still it will belong to mod that part duplicated from. Ven's stock revamp for example for some of Ven's new part just clones stock part via MM and change model and config. But it remains SQUAD part in FE and JC.

Yes, thank you.

But still it will belong to mod that part duplicated from. Ven's stock revamp for example for some of Ven's new part just clones stock part via MM and change model and config. But it remains SQUAD part in FE and JC.

Each root level node (e.g. PART) keeps track of the "URL" (path relative to GameData) of the .cfg file where it was originally created.  When MM copies a node, it keeps the URL of the original.  I think this is mainly done to avoid breaking parts that don't specify the path of their model explicitly.  And filter extensions is probably using that URL.

Yes, thank you.

18 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Each root level node (e.g. PART) keeps track of the "URL" (path relative to GameData) of the .cfg file where it was originally created.  When MM copies a node, it keeps the URL of the original.  I think this is mainly done to avoid breaking parts that don't specify the path of their model explicitly.  And filter extensions is probably using that URL.

I still think it's worth asking the devs of said mod what they use.

It might be something simpler than url, or it might be that they introduced an extra parameter to overwrite the url to account for situations like these

Ok guys, I may have been staring at something way too long. Can someone please point out my stupidity on why this is not working

MM Patch:
========================

@PART[DallesqueTorp*]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[MissileLauncher]
	%missileType = torpedo
}

========================
Part Config
========================

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher
  missileType = missile

========================		
Error
========================

[LOG 18:31:08.140] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SM_Marine/Parts/DallesqueHKS/DallesqueTorp20/DallesqueTorp20'
[WRN 18:31:08.142] PartLoader Warning: Variable missileType not found in Part

8 minutes ago, gomker said:

Ok guys, I may have been staring at something way too long. Can someone please point out my stupidity on why this is not working

Probably because the missileType variable is on the MODULE, not the PART (you're missing brackets)

Spoiler

@PART[DallesqueTorp*]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[MissileLauncher]
	{
		%missileType = torpedo
	}
}

Edited by blowfish