[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

City texture is there during day.

Clouds don't appear in main-menu for now.

Thank you for the confirmation, and the update.

I strip out the cloud textures for the not-Kerbin areas, since I don't need them for now. Just wanted to make sure that didn't break anything.

Will it still work with 3rd party textures?

If there are configs to handle them, sure. Things like astronomer's visual pack and such won't work with this new and improved version though. You'll have to wait for the pack authors to come up with something.

So what file do we download at github? There's no main download on that page, just a list of links. I have a download limit so I cant afford to download the wrong files or stuff I don't need.

ps: thanks for the update, this mod makes KSP look amazing.

Edited by MonkeyLunch
addition

If there are configs to handle them, sure. Things like astronomer's visual pack and such won't work with this new and improved version though. You'll have to wait for the pack authors to come up with something.

I'm pressing alt+E like in the WIP version. But nothing happens. Have you changed the way to get the UI?

I'm pressing alt+E like in the WIP version. But nothing happens. Have you changed the way to get the UI?

See the OP in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100857-WIP-Environmental-Visual-Enhancements-Development

I want to keep it "under wraps" for people who shouldn't be messing with the configs :)

- - - Updated - - -

So what file do we download at github? There's no main download on that page, just a list of links. I have a download limit so I cant afford to download the wrong files or stuff I don't need.

ps: thanks for the update, this mod makes KSP look amazing.

Updated the github link with a mini description of what the files are.

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.05-1

Ok, thanks. I'll stick with the old one then. I don't think I can give up my AVP, and even if he did update (I think he's been gone for a while) he probably wouldn't update the version I'm using.

For expediency take the props as read. Seriously, great stuff.

But, perhaps modulate the intensity of the shadows as the sun passes over head? Shadows look too strong at mid day. KSC looks like it's in a full eclipse even though it's noon and the cloud cover is medium to light.

...perhaps modulate the intensity of the shadows as the sun passes over head? Shadows look too strong at mid day. KSC looks like it's in a full eclipse even though it's noon and the cloud cover is medium to light.

I noticed this, as well. I thought it was night until the cloud passed.

Windows 7. I didn't do anything to trigger it, at least not on purpose. I was just doing normal stuff on the Mun, then came back to see if some missions unlocked, and it was like this.

Hmmm, the old version of EVE was working for me previously but after upgrading to the new version I'm getting a whole lot of nothing. I have tried reinstalling the mod manually and still nothing. I have also tried uninstalling all other mods but I still am not getting clouds or city lights. Anyone else having this same issue?

Hmmm, the old version of EVE was working for me previously but after upgrading to the new version I'm getting a whole lot of nothing. I have tried reinstalling the mod manually and still nothing. I have also tried uninstalling all other mods but I still am not getting clouds or city lights. Anyone else having this same issue?

You downloading the two zip files and extracting them both?

A new update! This is great! Thanks for your hardwork rbray. One small suggestion would be to massively increase the brightness of the shadows. They are just way to dark. I already hate playing KSP at dark, so making the daylight have similar issues is less than optimal.

Both zip files and extracting to the usual folder. I run the game in DX11 but I switched it to DX9 to test and still didn't work.

I am not seeing clouds in the Menu screen but they are in the the game when flying, I thought it did not install too.