[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I've got the same issue. I tried removing and reinstalling EVE, and I let GeForce optimize my game settings too. No change.

UPDATE: I removed EVE again and reinstalled. Seems to be good now.

Edited by Phil deCube

I've got the same issue. I tried removing and reinstalling EVE, and I let GeForce optimize my game settings too. No change.

Same here. Both the high res and low res versions give me the same results.

you need to delete the cfg that uses the textures you don't want

Thank's Sigma! You mean deleting the nodes for other planets from the .cfg, no?

I'm trying to reduce the ammount of crashes on my stock alike modded instance without reducing from beauty and I don't have time for other missions than Duna and Kerbin System.

Edited by amarius1

Same here. Both the high res and low res versions give me the same results.

Yes - the dark side of the planet with that ugly texture is what's keeping me from using this. Tried uninstall/reinstall. optimizations, etc. Must be some conflict someplace. Problem is this is old enough to where it might stand an update and some refactoring/optimization, especially with an eye toward making things ready for Unity5.

First, here's the link with what i've tested so far (the album is obsolete since I have already added clouds for Duna, Eve, Laythe and Jool and custom hight-res textures for Mun, Minmus, Moho, Eve, Kerbin and Duna) .

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Hey OP can I use your textures for my new mod, NuEVE? It uses Kopernicus to change Kerbin's scaled space texture to a custom hight-res one that has your clouds drawn on top. The clouds only work from orbit and using Kopernicus makes it suitable for people who can't run the real Eve because of memory usage. NuEve has the textures converted to .dds but also ads high-res planet textures taken straight from the big visual packs. Please agree! Now trying to contact the Visual packs' creators so i know if it's legal to use them. Cheers!

Edited by amarius1

Try Alt+RShift+N.

I use Linux and had a lot of trouble to find out how to show the GUI.

After a lot of help this was the only keystroke combination that worked...

It worked! Thank you.

Anyone else noticing an issue where the detail texture appears everywhere on the planet, rather than just where the overall texture is? I've been using a KSPRC/Astronomer's hybrid, and the snow config coats the entire planet in fog.

Anyone else noticing an issue where the detail texture appears everywhere on the planet, rather than just where the overall texture is? I've been using a KSPRC/Astronomer's hybrid, and the snow config coats the entire planet in fog.

This happens if you convert the cloud textures to .dds because the image files have different "settings" with transparency. Did you manually convert them to .dds?

Nope, all still .png. I'm using KSPRC, if that informs anything.

edit: to clarify, I'm in 1.04 and I've been using pieces of both KSPRC and Interstellar. Both have this issue, which is why I assume it's an EVE bug.

Edited by loki130

edit: to clarify, I'm in 1.04 and I've been using pieces of both KSPRC and Interstellar. Both have this issue, which is why I assume it's an EVE bug.

o_O

I'm not sure what the issue is then. Sorry. :confused:

What are your system specs out of curiosity?

I'm having issues with the VAB / SPH. The issue being I run the pack fine everywhere else but the VAB / SPH. I have no other mods installed. I drop to 1 fps. I tried maxing out my settings and then making them as low as possible. Neither helped me out. Anyone else have this issue?