[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

hello VDNKh,

do you have these amazing 8k Kerbal city lights available to download or could you make them available? would be great. thank you :)

If someone wants some 8k light texture I made this:

http://imgur.com/a/LPY7d

Though the source file I used to make it, a 49k texture would be its max detail. I also redid the detail texture. If I could make the texture 8k tiles I could pull it off. Can the plugin support that?

hello VDNKh,

do you have these amazing 8k Kerbal city lights available to download or could you make them available? would be great. thank you :)

of all the people it seems odd that it's you who asks for more city lights

25.jpg

Edited by Sigma88

Whats the status on this mod, are people able to use it in 1.0.x with reasonable ease? I don't want to have to fiddle with configs, but I realize that this hasn't been updated in awhile so issues presumably abound.

Whats the status on this mod, are people able to use it in 1.0.x with reasonable ease? I don't want to have to fiddle with configs, but I realize that this hasn't been updated in awhile so issues presumably abound.

Read first then ask questions. Lots of people overlapping repeated questions.

It works fine for me, as it does for others who already posted lately in this thread. However, that doesn't mean it would work the same for everybody, therefore my advice is to try the mod yourself.

Are there any updated texture packs yet for this mod (for the most recent ksp)? I'd really like to get my hands on some higher resolution textures.

Not as far as I know. You can get KSPRC and Astronomer's packs working, with a bit of fiddling - although Astronomer's pack seems to be more difficult from a quick glance through the thread. I use KSPRC myself. You can almost all of it working nicely if you dig around in the thread for the instructions.

If all you're after is the clouds, atmospheres and city lights, then I think all you need to do is install the "BoulderCo" folder from KSPRC and leave everything else out. (IIRC, there's an unnecessary ATM configs folder in the BoulderCo folder as well, which can be deleted.)

Edited by UnanimousCoward
typo

Is there a way to add clouds to the planets from the outer solar system mod? I thought it would be as simple as loading the cloud textures by using the GUI but it's not, there's no option to add clouds for those planets. D:

Is there a way to add clouds to the planets from the outer solar system mod? I thought it would be as simple as loading the cloud textures by using the GUI but it's not, there's no option to add clouds for those planets. D:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113866-Cloud-configurations-for-Outer-Planets-Mod

You could check out this mod, and even if you dont like this result you can always look at the configs to learn how to do it

If you need more help you can pm me :)

Not as far as I know. You can get KSPRC and Astronomer's packs working, with a bit of fiddling - although Astronomer's pack seems to be more difficult from a quick glance through the thread. I use KSPRC myself. You can almost all of it working nicely if you dig around in the thread for the instructions.

If all you're after is the clouds, atmospheres and city lights, then I think all you need to do is install the "BoulderCo" folder from KSPRC and leave everything else out. (IIRC, there's an unnecessary ATM configs folder in the BoulderCo folder as well, which can be deleted.)

Thanks for this, I'll give it a try.

Got it working, everything looks good except one thing.. the animations for the clouds. At least, the "scrolling" of the clouds that should move quicker than the planet's rotation.

edit: sorry for the double post.. forgot we could edit:(

Got it working, everything looks good except one thing.. the animations for the clouds. At least, the "scrolling" of the clouds that should move quicker than the planet's rotation.

edit: sorry for the double post.. forgot we could edit:(

Nah, that's just KSPRC. If you'd like them moving faster, press alt+N and mess with the speed values.

It crashes my game every time I try to land on the night side of Kerbin. I've removed it. While beautiful, it's like Chatterer, a must have, and I hate to play without it, but really kind of useless. :P

It crashes my game every time I try to land on the night side of Kerbin. I've removed it. While beautiful, it's like Chatterer, a must have, and I hate to play without it, but really kind of useless. :P

It's possible that there's a different mod causing this. I've never seen that issue with normal EVE.

FIXED!! See messages below! Make sure you delete the previous AdvanceTextureManagement cache folder "BoulderCo".

Hi guys really sorry for posting this here but I'm not after support, just querying whether anybody has seen this kind of corruption. Got it when I was mixing and matching textures from AVP Interstellar now I've gone back to vanilla EVE w/ PlanetShine and DOE [fresh downloads, completely removed previous files] and I've still got it. It was working perfectly before this is especially a kick in the teeth because I just got all the mods I wanted precariously balanced together in a leaky x86 boat... As an addendum the black patches/lines/grids sometimes look very green. No other graphical options in-game or through driver have been changed for days. Thoughts? Clipboard01_zps50dik5a3.jpg

Edited by Space Cowbuoy
Fixed it, yo!

Hi guys really sorry for posting this here but I'm not after support, just querying whether anybody has seen this kind of corruption. Got it when I was mixing and matching textures from AVP Interstellar now I've gone back to vanilla EVE w/ PlanetShine and DOE [fresh downloads, completely removed previous files] and I've still got it. It was working perfectly before this is especially a kick in the teeth because I just got all the mods I wanted precariously balanced together in a leaky x86 boat... As an addendum the black patches/lines/grids sometimes look very green. No other graphical options in-game or through driver have been changed for days. Thoughts? http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w629/JimTaplin/Clipboard01_zps50dik5a3.jpg

are you using AdvancedTextureManagement?

Hi Sigma thanks for the reply I've just come back to report I'd fixed it and saw you'd commented! :D It came to me with a flash of inspiration while I was having a puff on a South African drugs reefer style spliff doobie - - delete ATM's cache, well the cache for EVE anyway! ;) All better now, sorry to worry yas. Many thanks again for helping as well Sigma cheers! xx

No doubt the answer is somewhere in this thread, but how do people actually get this working now? Seeing as it hasn't been updated for almost a year.

By doing what you are unwilling to do, finding the answer in this thread.

Short answer for the lazy: there is no work required installing eve, it just works (at least for me) and for astronomers pack I only had to edit three textures...

Same here. EVE still works and AVP needs the 3 files in clouds/particles converted to dds. Also converting the aurora textures to dds helps a bit. OpenGL or the 64bit hack are your friends. Just don't go running to the mod makers with bug reports if you decide to hack your win install to run in 64 bit mode. Use a 32bit install to check your mod related issues first.

edit: Astronomers interstellar v2 works after converting a couple textures as mentioned above.

Edited by V8jester

No doubt the answer is somewhere in this thread, but how do people actually get this working now? Seeing as it hasn't been updated for almost a year.

I installed it (and the Astronomer’s Visual Pack) via CKAN and it works flawlessly.

I installed it (and the Astronomer’s Visual Pack) via CKAN and it works flawlessly.

I tried and it crashed. Not because of memory, though. Some of the textures were causing issues. Refused to load. I just went with KSPRC and added the Astronomer's parts that worked (everything but EVE textures).

Hello, folks!

This is one of the best immersion mods. I've installed it and it works just fine but I'd like to profit from some additional clouds addons...

Can you help me install Duna's and Eve's extra clouds without installing the whole packs (AverageJoe's Eve, for example, has more than 50mb!)?

m5cOKKCl.png

TTFZ1NJ.jpg

Edited by jlcarneiro