[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

One thing I would like to change is the amount of clouds on Kerbin. I would like to make them a bit less. I've tried looking through the thread, and I get the impression it is possible. But I haven't been able to find what you change and where?

One thing I would like to change is the amount of clouds on Kerbin. I would like to make them a bit less. I've tried looking through the thread, and I get the impression it is possible. But I haven't been able to find what you change and where?

You could try out my cloudpack maybe. Idk exactly how much less cloud you want but my pack should have slightly less than default old EVE (Though more layers)... There's a link to it in my description.

If that isn't to your liking, the closest setting to what you are looking for is cloud transparency. If you open up the cloud config (I forget what it's called but it's the .cfg file directly inside the cloud folder) and search up "= kerbin" you will get to the cloud layer for kerbin. There should be four rows set up like this:

r = []
g = []
b = []
a = []

The "a" value has to do with transparency. If you make it smaller the clouds should become less present.

I hope 5 minutes of my time was useful for you! Writing instructions while on mobile is time consuming. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I tried searching the thread but came up short, what parameter affects the distance at which volumetric clouds are rendered?

I've got a pretty beefy desktop and want to increase the range so they stop popping up suddenly.

Hey I tried searching the thread but came up short, what parameter affects the distance at which volumetric clouds are rendered?

I've got a pretty beefy desktop and want to increase the range so they stop popping up suddenly.

I think it's:

C:\...\KSP_win\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements\settings.cfg

ENVIRONMENTAL_VISUAL_ENHANCEMENTS
{
volumeHexRadius = 12000 //this one
volumeSegmentDiv = 3
}

I did a fresh install of KSP with just EVE - Deleted the city lights dll and the city lights directory.

Leaving them in or taking them out makes no difference.

As soon I start the game, I check the debug screen and it's full of angry red exception errors.

No other mods installed. Fresh install of vanilla KSP.

It looks like it's working but that pagefull of exception errors worries me.

Is this mod still being worked on? If not, is anyone else doing a cloud mod?

I did a fresh install of KSP with just EVE - Deleted the city lights dll and the city lights directory.

Leaving them in or taking them out makes no difference.

As soon I start the game, I check the debug screen and it's full of angry red exception errors.

No other mods installed. Fresh install of vanilla KSP.

It looks like it's working but that pagefull of exception errors worries me.

Is this mod still being worked on? If not, is anyone else doing a cloud mod?

Do you have ModuleManager included too? Also, there are two folders for EVE. "BoulderCo" and "Environmental Visual Enhancements". Make sure both of them are included in GameData along side ModuleManager. I'd be surprised if it was crashing stock for you with nothing else installed. :confused:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Do you have ModuleManager included too? Also, there are two folders for EVE. "BoulderCo" and "Environmental Visual Enhancements". Make sure both of them are included in GameData along side ModuleManager. I'd be surprised if it was crashing stock for you with nothing else installed. :confused:

Yes I have Module Manager installed too.

I didn't say it was crashing.

I said the debug window had a page full of exceptions and that even though it seemed to be working that this worried me.

Yes I have Module Manager installed too.

I didn't say it was crashing.

I said the debug window had a page full of exceptions and that even though it seemed to be working that this worried me.

Oh. My bad sorry! I'm clueless as to what causes those exceptions. :<

From what Rbray's been saying/doing, this old iteration of EVE won't be continually updated. As soon as he gets his new WIP EVE set up well that will replace this version.

Oh. My bad sorry! I'm clueless as to what causes those exceptions. :<

No problem. Thanks for the apology.

From what Rbray's been saying/doing, this old iteration of EVE won't be continually updated. As soon as he gets his new WIP EVE set up well that will replace this version.

So there is an EVE being worked on... Excellent!

KSP just doesn't feel right without clouds. It just doesn't have the same atmosphere (groan)

If yo get your clouds covering the whole planet and their is no way for you to see through. Resize the cloud .pgn to 4096 by 2048. My computer did this until I applied this fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Use Alt-N key. To adjust the cloud settings.

Couple of questions:

Do I need one of the config / texture packs in the OP to use this mod?

If not, where do I get the low-res (Mac) textures? There's only a high-res download in the OP.

(In other words: how is Mac setup formed?)

If you mean OS X, just download and put BoulderCo and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements into GameData, just like on other operating systems.

The download is also only called "high-res;" there are high-res and low-res downloads there. I'd recommend the high-res, though.

N00b question here: I have installed it in KSP 1.0.4. Running this on a Mac. I assume I just put the folders in GameData like usual?

I don't use a mac, but yes this should be correct. :P

And, will this cause performance slowdowns? I think I see no clouds, but IO certainly seem to see slower rendering...

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: It depends greatly on the visual/replacement pack. My own cloud pack, Astronomer's pack, and KSPRC, each have graphic-intensive cloud settings, descending in approximately that order.

I think I see no clouds

Do you or do you not see clouds? XD

I don't see clouds.

I don't know what you mean by visual replacement pack. Or cloud pack. Is there something else I need to install, besides the EVE mod?

No you don't have to worry about installing a cloud pack, default EVE has built in clouds. You can install custom cloud mods if you want but they aren't necessary. It doesn't make sense to me why you aren't seeing clouds though... >.> Sorry but I can't help you there ;.;

My guess is though that a lot of things will be changing with the next release of KSP so I'm not sure how relevant this information will be in a month from now.