Thermometer are you sure is working fine ?

MaximilianPs

I getting close, very indeed, to the sun and the Thermometer was weird, about -30 and +40 ....

also I was wondering if it is working in Celsius or Farenight.

Last answare about the sun, i getting very close to the sun surface, did you mind to fix it to made it bun as a sun should do ? :D

Thnx. Max ^_^

As for whether it is Celsius or Farenheit I don't know, but I am sure it is Celsius or its Kerbal Equivalent.

As far as heat goes, right now it is a bit of a placeholder so I am sure it will get an overhaul at some point in the future.

In fact, Moho used to be difficult to land on before 0.18 because of its super-heated atmosphere so things overheating close to the Sun would not be farfetched.

My landed probe on Moho reads 000.00000 on it's temperature, so i hope they do something about it.

Can confirm this ... my own probe had the same temperature reading ...

and it was in bright sunlight, near the equator of Moho

about thermometer, i4px.png is this a bug ?

where are gone the "log" and "stop display" options ? :blush:

Toggle display should stop the display.

For the log function, I've noticed that it disappears when you try to do it in a "biome" where you can't do it, such as interplanetary space. Same thing happens with the other 3 sensors.

Toggle display should stop the display.

For the log function, I've noticed that it disappears when you try to do it in a "biome" where you can't do it, such as interplanetary space. Same thing happens with the other 3 sensors.

and it'll come back if you switch away from the vessel and then return.

It also comes back when you go to a Biome where you are able to log the temperature (same applies for the other instruments)

it hasn't done that for me. I had to go back to the tracking station and return to get it to come back so I could take a reading.

If it's showing -400, that's technically impossible on all known temperature scales. But then, KSP doesn't have the 'limits' that normal physics does, like absolute zero or light speed.

Actually, it works in Fahrenheit: -400 degrees F is about 33 K.

just watch it on a normal start from kerbin . First you have aroung 20° then it goes down to -40° at around 10k high , then it goes up to 0° again at around 40k and then back down to -100° when you reach orbit...

just watch it on a normal start from kerbin . First you have aroung 20° then it goes down to -40° at around 10k high , then it goes up to 0° again at around 40k and then back down to -100° when you reach orbit...

Actually that somewhat matches reality. The Temperature drops with altitude until you reach a certain point where it starts climbing again. Then once you actually get into space the temperature is dependent on if you're in direct sun light or not.

Also the area around the Sun is hotter than its surface by several thousand degrees.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.