PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

IVA would be great, Mk2 sabre would be great, everything about this mod is awesome anyway! ^^

I started multiple spaceplanes, but never really finished one. Since i got this mod, I know why: aesthetics! Made two working ones in a row:

QtUOt9h.png

supersonic!

GxygDwg.png

If I may suggest something, maybe its already on your list: making those nice rcs port on the cockpit working...

Edited by Initar

That looks freaking awesome, someone please make a FAR patch for them so i can use them in a non-derpy way!

Tested those new wings, they look aboslutely gorgeous. Nevertheless, they seem a bit more wobbly than the stock ones (with equivalent positions), I mean they move more when a force is applied on them. Bah, moar struts!

Whose aerospike intakes are those on the 10 ton cargo SSTO (3rd pic) ?

Yeah i'd like to know too ^^

Edited by Initar

Could you give the short/long Mk2 adapter oxidizer as well? Would make them more useful for spaceplanes. Also I don't see the use for separate LFO and Liquid Fuel fuselages. Extra fuselages only clutter up the game. We have tweakables now and anyone who can install this mod would be able to figure out how to remove the oxidizer. Plus jet engines are so efficient that you can get anywhere on Kerbin with just the 270 liquid fuel in the Mk2 LFO tank. No need for that special jet fuel tank with its immense 600 fuel units.

Could you give the short/long Mk2 adapter oxidizer as well? Would make them more useful for spaceplanes. Also I don't see the use for separate LFO and Liquid Fuel fuselages. Extra fuselages only clutter up the game. We have tweakables now and anyone who can install this mod would be able to figure out how to remove the oxidizer. Plus jet engines are so efficient that you can get anywhere on Kerbin with just the 270 liquid fuel in the Mk2 LFO tank. No need for that special jet fuel tank with its immense 600 fuel units.

Just be thankful there isn't B9 levels of part-bloat in this mod.

@porkjet - if you are still searching how to integrate an engine inside your mk2 parts, maybe something akin to the X-15 can help you ?

With the xlr99

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:North_American_X-15_Nozzle.jpg

With twin xlr11

http://s35.photobucket.com/user/DanaC_/media-full//XLR11X15.jpg.html

Edited by sgt_flyer

Hello guys! I'm very glad you like the wings

Yea, makes sense. I kinda think so too, but I guess there are enough folks who just like to cruise around kerbin so no need to remove it. I'm kinda glad noone complained about the long adapter having that Fuel/oxidizer ratio. It's a good ratio for SSTO's and if you need a different mixture tweakables will do the job. I often empty out the adapters and use them as structural elements only.

@porkjet - if you are still searching how to integrate an engine inside your mk2 parts, maybe something akin to the X-15 can help you ?

With the xlr99

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:North_American_X-15_Nozzle.jpg

With twin xlr11

http://s35.photobucket.com/user/DanaC_/media-full//XLR11X15.jpg.html

Wow!!! Now we know where C7 took that shape from!!! Nice, thx for the hint.

I really like those wings! But could you make an engine/engines that don't require an adapter (basically ones that match the body in shape)?

Yupp, there's been some discussion about that already.

I disagree. Choices are good. Not everyone wants to create spaceplanes. And tweakables doesn't affect the dry weight. In other words, for equivalent size a LFO section without Oxidizer is not equivalent to a Liquid Fuel tank.

Are you going to do a Mk3 fuselage expansion? Also, is there any way you could use Module Manager to totally replace the models in the stock game with your new ones?

Why replace it? "If it's not broke, don't fix it."