What are the space center buildings made of?

rewdew2

What are they made of?  

1. 1. What are they made of?

• Concrete/cement
    • metal (what kind?)
    • Plastic....
    • Other (explain below)

I assume they're made out of the same things that buildings are made of here. Concrete, glass, metal girders...

Yeah, but they don't look like they're made of concrete... but i'll render something out and see what they looks like.

Old Nintendos.

Are you sure they aren't made of Nokia phones?

Well seeing as you can crash a rocket the size of a battleship on them and they don't even get damaged, I'd say they're made out of Nintendium. (That being the material that Nintendo handhelds are made from. Seriously, screens aside, those things are practically impossible to damage unless you really try!)

Nintendium is probably a great guess...

No matter how many craft you smash into them, as long as you blow on 'em a bit, they'll just keep working...

Well seeing as you can crash a rocket the size of a battleship on them and they don't even get damaged, I'd say they're made out of Nintendium. (That being the material that Nintendo handhelds are made from. Seriously, screens aside, those things are practically impossible to damage unless you really try!)
It need to be pretty tough to withstand all the impacts, maybe tungsten?

Okay, since i didn't mention this, i may as well say it.

It's not about the strength, i mean by how it looks.

It need to be pretty tough to withstand all the impacts, maybe tungsten?

While tungsten is very hard and has an insane melting point, it's actually quite brittle. You can take a 1/8" tungsten welding electrode and snap it in half with your bare hand. Yes, hand as in singular. A steel wire the same size would just bend.

Titanium would be a better choice for a building material, much stronger and lighter.

Videogamium, an indestructible element that forms almost everything in a video game. Fun Fact: Videogamium is transparent on the inside, and if the camera is placed inside a solid videogamium object, the outer shell is completely see-through.

Is that also what trees are made of in the GTA games?

An extract from the story I wrote about the rebuilding of the space centre:

The buildings at KSC are made with an insanely strong material called Nokianite.

It's also terribly heavy, becomes brittle with long exposure to radiation, and requires constant electric protection to prevent corrosion.

So some sort of plastic/metal matrix..

Edited by Tw1

Reinforced polygonite (pronounced pol-IG-o-nite :D) is what most video game buildings seem to be made of. It takes a very specific process to break them, where no amount of brute force will do the job. And yet somehow Nokia managed to bring this nebulous code-stuff into the real world.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.