[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

I don't know why I never tried this mod before, but I just tried it out last night and it is amazing! I love it! I especially like the nicer Unity skin, and the fact that I can reposition the display and leave it open at all times! Oh and the whole thing is worth the price of admission JUST for the autostage system! Really, stellar job on that piece. You could have just been lazy and done a stage button or a real simple autostage system, but the way it works with the arming and controllable levels is amazing!

One problem I did have though is that in the setting I set it to hide empty resources but it didn't seem to work. I'll try to set up a more complete report after work.

I don't know why I never tried this mod before, but I just tried it out last night and it is amazing! I love it! I especially like the nicer Unity skin, and the fact that I can reposition the display and leave it open at all times! Oh and the whole thing is worth the price of admission JUST for the autostage system! Really, stellar job on that piece. You could have just been lazy and done a stage button or a real simple autostage system, but the way it works with the arming and controllable levels is amazing!

One problem I did have though is that in the setting I set it to hide empty resources but it didn't seem to work. I'll try to set up a more complete report after work.

I really need to spend some time on the documentation TBH - to hide a resource there are two things to do:

1) Set the Global setting called Hide Empty Resources and a delay time for it

2) On each resource you also set an option for hiding this resource as empty

I added both as some people wanted to not hide some resources when they went empty - eg waste, but be able to hide fuel say once you run out

See how that goes

I really need to spend some time on the documentation TBH - to hide a resource there are two things to do:

1) Set the Global setting called Hide Empty Resources and a delay time for it

2) On each resource you also set an option for hiding this resource as empty

I added both as some people wanted to not hide some resources when they went empty - eg waste, but be able to hide fuel say once you run out

See how that goes

Ahh..I wasn't aware of #2. Let me go try it right now.

EDIT: I'm sorry but HOW do I do step #2? I thought it was something intuitive like clicking on the resource bar or right clicking on it, but I got nothing.

Edited by Agathorn

Glad you like it, now if only I could a handle on correct texture loading to prevent blurring I'd be a happy man :)

please, elope with me. it was the only problem i ever had with this (except for some missing icons but that's the modmaker's responsibility) and you fixed it.

Ahh..I wasn't aware of #2. Let me go try it right now.

EDIT: I'm sorry but HOW do I do step #2? I thought it was something intuitive like clicking on the resource bar or right clicking on it, but I got nothing.

Go to settings, and then click on configure resources you can see that here

KSPARPMap.png

on that screen you click on the resource name or the thresholds button and it will expand the resource for you where all those settings are

For better instructions you could watch the 2.1 video on the OP (although you will have to listen to my voice :) )

- - - Updated - - -

please, elope with me. it was the only problem i ever had with this (except for some missing icons but that's the modmaker's responsibility) and you fixed it.

My wife might not approve :P

Now could someone explain me, how come I stood for several minutes in front of my screen being unable to move at all ???

Oo

I was making icons for the MKS mod and I wanted to read the forums for a bit, and I had the same thing happening to me.

Happens to me all the time when I see her giffs. Jessica Nigri, she's called, btw.

So, any news on 0.24 compatibility?

Loaded it up in game, it seemed to work perfectly (tested on x64). It perfectly overlapped where the stock resource panel pops up.

You have to close the alternate resource panel in order to view the other menus though. Like the contracts.

Edited by PringleMan

Because of timezones releases invariably happen for me on my way to work in the morning. I'll get onto it when I get home. From reading I think its only the button position I have to fix, but I really wanna fix the texture loading and have a crack at the AppLauncher as well. See how I go

Loaded it up in game, it seemed to work perfectly (tested on x64). It perfectly overlapped where the stock resource panel pops up.

You have to close the alternate resource panel in order to view the other menus though. Like the contracts.

It is indeed working fine, you can just move the panel to the left to clear space for the new AppLauncher.

Because of timezones releases invariably happen for me on my way to work in the morning. I'll get onto it when I get home. From reading I think its only the button position I have to fix, but I really wanna fix the texture loading and have a crack at the AppLauncher as well. See how I go

It would be great to have it on the AppLauncher next to the default panel or even have an option to replace the default one!

This is so cool, can't wait till it is updated to 0.24... would be a real shame to play without it.

You can just move it manually for the time being, you can unlock the position of the panel at its options and move it slightly to the left.

You can then enable "Use only one bar" or something along that lines that basically merged the ARP with the vanilla one but, since the vanilla one is "gone" (moved), it just hides the "Alternate" button above the AppLauncher.

I got everything together but in trying to merge two code things I have a source code problem in GIT. Its now 11:30pm here and I'm at risk of borking the drag and drop code if I keep going. So I'm gonna get some sleep and have a go in the morning - I should then also be able to incorporate an App Launcher button.

Will have a 0.24 version tomorrow

I got everything together but in trying to merge two code things I have a source code problem in GIT. Its now 11:30pm here and I'm at risk of borking the drag and drop code if I keep going. So I'm gonna get some sleep and have a go in the morning - I should then also be able to incorporate an App Launcher button.

Will have a 0.24 version tomorrow

:D can't wait

after update my panel shows, but it doesn't have the graphics. just black bars....

That behaviour is normally related to the installation location.

Someone had a similar issue a little while ago, try reading this one and see if that helps - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60227-0-23-5-KSP-Alternate-Resource-Panel-v2-3-0-0-%28July-15%29?p=1246506&viewfull=1#post1246506

Can you remove the "Alternate" icon (it covers the new 0.24 icons) and integrate this with blizzy's toolbar?

I find it hard to play KSP anymore w/out Alternate Resource Panel and Kerbal Alarm Clock!
KAC is one of four Must-Have for me. The others are SelectRoot, Toolbar, and kData. All which should be stock. Edited by Apollo13

Can you remove the "Alternate" icon (it covers the new 0.24 icons) and integrate this with blizzy's toolbar?

KAC is one of four Must-Have for me. The others are SelectRoot, Toolbar, and kData. All which should be stock.

You can already use blizzy's toolbar (which removes that icon) - the option is in the visuals section. Assuming Blizzy's new version works the same :)

KSPARPMAP2-Styling.png

I am coding up the 0.24 stuff in between forum posts which should fix all the button stuff . back soon