[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

I think I saw that occur once. I don't use the database reloading feature all too often, so it looks like I forgot about that. I'll see if I can find a solution.

https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar/issues/10

That might not be necessary. Your very latest update seems to have fixed it. I just reloaded several times with the latest toolbar version and I'm only seeing one toolbar.

It's also caused by reloading the database from the debugging menu
Oh, and this happens when one uses the part welding tool.

This is a dev build that should fix both issues: (link removed, testing done) (source code)

Please try and let me know how it goes.

That might not be necessary. Your very latest update seems to have fixed it. I just reloaded several times with the latest toolbar version and I'm only seeing one toolbar.

I think you just didn't see it because there is a race issue.

Edited by blizzy78

This is a dev build that should fix both issues: Toolbar.dll (source code)

Please try and let me know how it goes.

I think you just didn't see it because there is a race issue.

You're right, it showed up again. Funny thing is that I only see MechJeb components in the extra toolbars.

I'll download that and test it later this afternoon and let you know how it goes.

Apparently I have installed Toolbar wrong, there is a popup window that comes up and says : Incorrect installation (i can't remember the mod that does this)

But I have Toolbar_000 in gamedata, is there anything to worry about or is it just a bug?

Edit: Never mind champagne includes an old version of toolbar for some reason

Edited by Boamere

They will still only show in the scenes that the plugin author has defined. So in other words, the new feature will let you hide buttons that were previously visible, but it will not let you show buttons that were previously hidden.

So this is not a cheat mechanism to show all MechJeb buttons in early tech tree :D

I like this plugin, but the new update is exceptionally annoying. Why are all buttons disabled by default on every in-game screen? Why is there a pop-up message on every in-game screen? Wouldn't it have made much more sense to leave the interface as-is, but to add the ability remove buttons if desired?

Also, the rapid pace of updates combined with the in-game notifications has gotten annoying-- especially since you need to quit the game in order to update the mod. Even with my solid state drive, it takes about a minute to load KSP, so I usually don't want to update right away for tiny incremental things. Could you add a "snooze notification" feature to let us turn off the in-game prompt until the next update comes out for those of us who check the release notes and don't see a reason to update right away?

Also, the rapid pace of updates combined with the in-game notifications has gotten annoying-- especially since you need to quit the game in order to update the mod. Even with my solid state drive, it takes about a minute to load KSP, so I usually don't want to update right away for tiny incremental things. Could you add a "snooze notification" feature to let us turn off the in-game prompt until the next update comes out for those of us who check the release notes and don't see a reason to update right away?

You might find this post useful.

Wouldn't it have made much more sense to leave the interface as-is, but to add the ability remove buttons if desired?

No, because there is no way for me to know which buttons you want to see when coming from an older version. As stated in the change log, this is a one-time reset.

Could you add a "snooze notification" feature to let us turn off the in-game prompt

There is no in-game prompt - it's a button. Just ignore it?

Possible bug: So after downloading the update and setting all buttons to visible, I can't see the ones I've set in a folder, even after clicking the folder. Any Advice?

I'll look into it.

Is it supposed to bring up the configure button thing every single time I start the game? Tat is kind of annoying. Every time I start the game I get the message a new version of toolbox blah blah blah and the configure your visible buttons dialog pops up but I have already configure the buttons for my starting screen.

Is it supposed to bring up the configure button thing every single time I start the game?

No, it should only do that if it recognizes a new button that got available, for example from a new plugin you've installed. If there are no new buttons that could be interesting to you, and if you configured the buttons that should be visible, it should not pop up again.

The button "Toolbar Plugin Update Available" is always visible as long as the version you've installed is not the latest one. Are you perhaps confusing the two?

Edited by blizzy78

Possible bug: So after downloading the update and setting all buttons to visible, I can't see the ones I've set in a folder, even after clicking the folder. Any Advice?

I can confirm the same thing happened to me. You can fix it by opening your toolbar-settings.dat, and copying the names of all the buttons in the folders into the VisibleButons line. Obviously not ideal, but it'll keep you working until the next release.

No, it should only do that if it recognizes a new button that got available, for example from a new plugin you've installed. If there are no new buttons that could be interesting to you, and if you configured the buttons that should be visible, it should not pop up again.

Seems like it's popping up again after game restart if there are hidden buttons (that were hidden during first launch, because I left them hidden while enabling other buttons). At least that happens on space center screen.