[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

With a good hint from malkuth I was able to reproduce the auto-hide issue, without any other mods installed. To reproduce, you just have to do the following steps in sequence:

- Start with a fresh Toolbar Plugin installation (ie. delete toolbar-settings.dat)

- Enter any scene except the space center scene or the R&D center (these are always a bit tricky, so it's best to avoid them.)

- Unlock position and move the toolbar to the screen edge, where auto-hiding would work.

- Lock position.

- Activate auto-hide. (This seems to be necessary to trigger the bug. Either that, or a one-time slide out/slide in animation must take place.)

- Hover over the toolbar so that it would slide in.

- Move mouse pointer away so that it would slide out again.

- Again hover over it and unlock position again.

- Move it anywhere on the screen where auto-hide does not work (ie. not to any edge.) Note that auto-hide automatically deactivates itself in that case. This is intended.

- Lock position again.

- Activate auto-hide from the menu. -> Toolbar disappears.

It looks like the following exception appears when the bug triggers:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Toolbar.FloatCurveXY.evaluate (Single time) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Toolbar.Toolbar.handleAutoHide () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Toolbar.Toolbar.draw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Toolbar.ToolbarManager.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I will be working on a fix tomorrow. It's getting a bit late here already. As a workaround, you can just disable auto-hide for now.

Edited by blizzy78

Thanks again malkuth and diomedea for putting the effort in. Like I've said, throwing more eyeballs at a problem is usually a good thing.

Thank you and Malkuth very much. While I tried my best to find what the problem is tied to, it was you to go deep in it and find what is at its root. While absolutely consistent (and annoying) with my install, I see this problem was very elusive, but you nonetheless spent a good deal of time and effort to solve. Thank again. :)

I'm getting the incorrect toolbar installation error on a clean install of KSP 0.23 and Toolbar 1.4.4.

EDIT: it's looking for GameData/NavyFish/Plugins/Toolbar.dll...

I think that it is telling you that you have a copy of Toolbar.dll installed in the wrong place. This is most likely because you have Navyfish's Docking Port Alignment Indicator, the current version of which incorrectly ships with a (now old) version of the Toolbar.dll file within its own folder tree.

The fix is simple - delete the file at GameData/NavyFish/Plugins/Toolbar.dll since the only one you need is the current and correct one in 000_Toolbar/Toolbar.dll

As far as I know, this has long been fixed, has it not?

My bad - I'd missed an update. The thread says that 3.0 is still the current version, so I hadn't seen that 3.01 had been silently released on SpacePort with the extra .dll removed.

So apologies to Navyfish, who has indeed fixed it, though I still think that is the cause of requimrar's reported error.

From a UI perspective, this seems pretty awesome.

From a single-mod user's perspective, however, I hate it. This toolbar plugin alone is giving me horrible lag, equivalent to the lag I had at maximum terrain rendering on KSC, caused by the oceans. I fixed the ocean lag with the .cfg, but this toolbar has obliterated any progress I've made.

I removed the toolbar (keeping FAR) and everything's fine. I put the toolbar back to work on spaceplanes, and it's lag city again. :(

Hey,

While playing around I experienced a mission ending bug. Poor jeb only just got out alive. I had a feeling that it was the toolbar, but I am not sure. When I did the reload with the cheat screen I saw a lot of red text when toolbar was being loaded. The rest was all white.

It didnt crash so dont have a folder to share, but here are my mods. Maybe somebody else knows whats up?

Boulderco: clouds, city lights + tex compres

Custom Biomes

Deadly Re-entry

Engineer Redux

Enhanced Nav Ball

FAR

Hullcam VDS

KAS

KAC

Kethane

KSPX

KW

Ltech

kDex

Planet Factory: with Urania pack

precise node

Protractor

Real Chute

RemoteTech2

SCAN sat

Simple Part Organizer

TAC Life Support

Further info:

Win 7 64x

16 GB RAM

HDD: 724GB free

KSP folder: 2.43GB

Extra note: I noticed that the extra planets werent visable. Didnt see any error warnings on krags or urania though.

Hey,

While playing around I experienced a mission ending bug. Poor jeb only just got out alive. I had a feeling that it was the toolbar, but I am not sure. When I did the reload with the cheat screen I saw a lot of red text when toolbar was being loaded. The rest was all white.

It didnt crash so dont have a folder to share, but here are my mods. Maybe somebody else knows whats up?

<22 mods snipped!>

Further info:

Win 7 64x

16 GB RAM

HDD: 724GB free

KSP folder: 2.43GB

Extra note: I noticed that the extra planets werent visable. Didnt see any error warnings on krags or urania though.

Here it is. Couldnt look at it myself, everytime I wanted to open it, notebook crashed.

You're playing a game that's in alpha development on a notebook.... with 22(23?) mods.... and your notebook actually crashes when you try to open a text file. (possibly a large text file, but still...)

But you think it was the toolbar mod that did it...

I'm trying hard to think of how the Toolbar API could cause a 'mission ending bug' but it's really not coming...

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but don't you think that would be the least likely scenario?

Well, actually it is a high end gaming pc. Other reasons for me thinking it was the toolbar was that it was flashing, crashed repeatedly couldn't fit to the tabs.

My pc should be able to handle 22 mods. Only recently did I add toolbar and before I had up to 40 mods including nova and interstellar.

I will check out the file. See if I can make it public. Not very familiar how to do it because I never use google drive.