[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Blizzy - your link is not working.

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404

blizzy.de
Mon Feb 10 01:07:10 2014
Apache/2.2.21 (Linux/SUSE)

Blizzy, in the VAB the toolbar disappears before I can configure it. How do I bring it up if I can't see it?

It should only disappear completely if there are no buttons that could be displayed. If you want to force the issue, you would have to force buttons into play. For example, add a MechJeb part to your ship.

It should only disappear completely if there are no buttons that could be displayed. If you want to force the issue, you would have to force buttons into play. For example, add a MechJeb part to your ship.

OK thanks!

Toolbar 1.5.2 does not hide at screen edge for me.
I'll look into it.

I narrowed down the problem to something that the plugin Scene Jumper does. I uninstalled the plugin and the problem was gone. I was using the latest Toolbar version (1.5.2) as opposed to the one packaged with Scene Jumper. So I guess the ball is in theSpeare's court.

Hi

i have problems with TAC FuelBalancer and kethane both are not in my toolbar i now how to configure ingame but no luck for me.

i have these mods that use your toolbar:

TAC Fuelbalancer

Alarmclock

Kethane

Dockingport aligment

maybe i have to edit some settings by myself?

thx

Hi

i have problems with TAC FuelBalancer and kethane both are not in my toolbar i now how to configure ingame but no luck for me.

i have these mods that use your toolbar:

TAC Fuelbalancer

Alarmclock

Kethane

Dockingport aligment

maybe i have to edit some settings by myself?

thx

First, I would try like blizzy78 shows there but to Configure Visible Buttons his last couple of updates have made then not show to you change that.

@blizzy78 why do alot of modders put your mod in there's it can be a pain for some what, I mean is they may have a older version and some people will just grab all folder and file in the mod and copy or move to the KSP/GameData folder and over ride all so now they have a old version and they get in the game and toolbar has a update or they are using a addon that install's the mod and same problem why not on there OP just say need or can use your mod and link to your OP same things happens with ModuleManager which, I didn't think any modder was to put other modder mod in there's.

@blizzy78 why do alot of modders put your mod in there's

Because some plugins do have a hard dependency on the Toolbar Plugin instead of only optional support. In those cases, I think it's better to just bundle the Toolbar Plugin with the third-party plugin.

Because some plugins do have a hard dependency on the Toolbar Plugin instead of only optional support. In those cases, I think it's better to just bundle the Toolbar Plugin with the third-party plugin.

I see the point but if they don't keep it updated it's a pain for some and it's not like there changing anything in your plugin,I think it would be better to just have a link to your op so they can get the new updated one.

EDIT It's getting better lol it was ModuleManager now it's toolbar thanks for all the hard work and time.:D

Edited by Mecripp2

Two things:

1. It's not Blizzy's fault if a mod has an old version of the Toolbar.
  2. Generally you're only installing mods as they update, and in theory they should have the latest toolbar when they update (or, again, it's their fault and not Blizzy's). The only time you'd have to worry about an old toolbar in a plugin is (again if the mod makers are any good at this stuff) is when you're installing something new to you that hasn't been updated for a while, so is out of date. Those times are rare enough that I don't see why it shoudln't be up to you to make sure you're not screwing it up :)

Two things:

1. It's not Blizzy's fault if a mod has an old version of the Toolbar.
  2. Generally you're only installing mods as they update, and in theory they should have the latest toolbar when they update (or, again, it's their fault and not Blizzy's). The only time you'd have to worry about an old toolbar in a plugin is (again if the mod makers are any good at this stuff) is when you're installing something new to you that hasn't been updated for a while, so is out of date. Those times are rare enough that I don't see why it shoudln't be up to you to make sure you're not screwing it up :)

I didn't say or mean for to sound like, I was blaming blizzy78 at all other mod shouldn't put other modder plugin in there mod but to tell us we need it and where to get and yes some mod you have to have toolbar or you have to have MM if you want to use that mod but for people that don't know better will grab all file's or are using a program to install there mod's and it would be a battle to try and keep up to date that's it was not blaming blizzy for anything.

Sorry Blizzy if it came out like that.

EDIT and on part 2 that's the point it's up to us to screw in up not some modder that as a out of date plugin in there mod that they didn't make.

Edited by Mecripp2