What do you think is next (.24)

Tidus Klein

What harv said at KerbalKon... economy, and maybe even first signs of multiplayer... though I doubt the latter. Also, he basically said that aerodynamics will not happen until after the 1.0 release. So you better get used to the idea of using mods :P. It's not that bad after you get used to them.

Apart from that, I hope and expect to see more biome maps, and possibly a scientific instrument to get science from anomalies (I wanna train my precision landing skills :))

What harv said at KerbalKon... economy, and maybe even first signs of multiplayer... though I doubt the latter. Also, he basically said that aerodynamics will not happen until after the 1.0 release. So you better get used to the idea of using mods :P. It's not that bad after you get used to them.

Apart from that, I hope and expect to see more biome maps, and possibly a scientific instrument to get science from anomalies (I wanna train my precision landing skills :))

I think you're confusing "scope complete" with 1.0. It is not 1.0.

1.0 happens after "scope complete" AND them cramming as many "neat" features in as they can. Redone aerodynamics is one of those "neat" features.

I'd love to see more places on Kerbin. Cities. Towns. Farmland. Countries.

More Kerbins walking around on the planet. More trees. Forests. Flowers.

I'd like to see the Birds instead of hear them.

Maybe a nice crowd to watch you take off and blow your ass up.

I'm more of a detail guy. So that's what I'd like to see =].

More planets! ;)

Possibly Parts you can send up in space and land them on the Mun and walk around inside, Like a nice base.

Space Stations too? Chill out in the station and walk around in it? Not sure.

Not all in .24, but eventually.

How on earth is redone aerodynamics a "neat feature" and not something that constitutes scope completion?

Because we have a 'working model' that serves reasonably well as it is. Could it be better? Yes. Does it need to be better for the game to remain fun? Not really.

Because we have a 'working model' that serves reasonably well as it is. Could it be better? Yes. Does it need to be better for the game to remain fun? Not really.

Some would argue the current aerodynamic model is far from working (at least realistically). If anything, it drives ships towards less realistic horizontal builds. If Squad ever implements a more realistic aerodynamic model, they should do it sooner than later, as it will really change the flavor of the game. Though I'll agree the game is still very fun using this simplified model. My main gripe is it penalizes you from using aerodynamically sound parts, like nose cones (and fairings if you have them installed).

I would like to see a build in "hard mode" eventually, but as long as mods are supported, it's not really needed.

Couldnt disagree more. Current aerodynamics has nothing to do with even the basic principles of it. Its a placeholder model for alpha development of other features.

It would be a sad disgrace if game was released with the current aerodynamic model.

EDIT:

Actually this is a very concerning topic to me. Aerodynamics improvments should have become top priority the moment they decided to include airplanes in the game. The longer they put it off and the more features and parts they put in before they work out aerodynamics the more rebalancing will be required once they do put it in.

I do not even want to consider the possibilty of aerodynamics staying as is.

Edited by Vrana

If they do redo the aerodynamics, I'd love to see the aerodynamic parts undergo a facelift. Right now we're still using basically the same parts as C7's mod that came out way back in 0.16 or so. Especially the MK3 cockpit and fuselage; it is nearly impossible to make a pretty-looking ship using those parts. Oh, and IVAs for the science lab, and the Mark 2 and 3 aircraft cockpits.

While we're on the subject of IVAs, can we have the Enhanced IVAs as well, where you can actually move kerbals around inside your ships?

That's what I'm afraid of: implementing advanced aerodynamics so that is sucks the fun out and replaces it with tedium and/or frustration. Same goes for life support. If you want that level of challenge, FAR and IonForge are there in Spaceport.

I would absolutely LOVE to have a random starting crew of Kerbals rather than the same old three. I'd also like to have different locations to choose for KSC so I can launch from a different latitude in each save.

E:

That's what I'm afraid of: implementing advanced aerodynamics so that is sucks the fun out and replaces it with tedium and/or frustration. Same goes for life support. If you want that level of challenge, FAR and IonForge are there in Spaceport.

You should try installing FAR on a different install. If you build rockets in any sort of sane manner (I.E. aerodynamic) it makes getting to orbit so easy. ferram4 even created a mod to deal with that side of the equation (Kerbal ISP Difficulty Scalar). I hear it makes spaceplanes more fun as well.

Life support is nothing big either, just another set of resources to track.

Edited by regex

What i'd like in order of personal importance-

1. OBSERVATION. A huge part of space exploration comes from looking at and mapping things FIRST and then you start blowing stuff up to try and get there. Having a "fog of war" for the solar system that you can uncover with various methods would be great. I'd love the idea that you only start with knowledge of the sun, kerbal, and the mun, but can either send out exploratory probes, use telescopes, and maybe even other methods(from realistic stuff like enough science + knowledge of orbits ='s figuring out a possible location, to more kerbal things like chain launching suicide 900 suicide probes in every possible direction) to figure out where other planets are. Further upon discovering you don't have any idea what they look like in detail until you actually GO there(or high enough tech could be very powerful telescopes). There's so much you could do with this(especially if you could then randomize the solar system each game) that i'd love to see it implemented. Hell even MORE you could do with it + multiplayer Sadly i'm doubting it's even on the list let alone being worked on.

2. Aerodynamics/heat damage. I don't want fully modeled systems(because as is I really think the game isn't well designed to deal with heat damage realistically), but having a purpose to nose cones besides asthetics at the very least would be nice, and at least needing to angle correctly on entry would be decent as well. I wouldn't mind if you could "paint" a portion of each piece in heat shielding for weight/cost issues. Only a small section if you want to be efficient, or just coat the whole damn thing to be safe. The idea of having to add physical heat shield parts or re do fuel ratios/equations so we always bring enough to slow down before aerobreaking strikes me as too tedious and too difficult for the more casual players.

3. Resources. Science is a decent start for those of us who want goals to help guide our play, but resources and an expansion of such a system offers so much promise. I'm also hoping it one day leads to building things off planet, but in the meantime just having a reason to set up base on other systems(besides !SCIENCE) would be nice.

4. Multiplayer- it will be cool and it is a neat idea, but I really really want there to be stuff to do that's supported in game as well as whatever crazy projects my friends and I come up with. I know it's a big deal for everyone, but I personally wish it'd been held off on until we had more main features besides sandbox.

I would absolutely LOVE to have a random starting crew of Kerbals rather than the same old three.

BLASPHEMY! :wink:

What I'd like to see is a way to repair solar panels that over zealous EVAing Kerbals have seen, in their own words "just suddenly snapped off, for no good reason"!

What we will most likely see is money and missions. And probably EVA propellent tanks.

Honestly the broken aerodynamics is extremely frustrating for me due to my experience with flight sims. I don't see how proper physics will make the game tedious?

I know it's not a huge priority; but painting and or decals. As a sort of cool thing to have besides the usual career works. It may not look like a big deal, but KSP players are very creative, so it would be a very cool thing to have and to be seeing used.

I know it's not a huge priority; but painting and or decals. As a sort of cool thing to have besides the usual career works. It may not look like a big deal, but KSP players are very creative, so it would be a very cool thing to have and to be seeing used.

Ooohh yes! Also hopefully eventually customizable kerbals will be coming

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.