[1.8-1.9] Modular Fuel Tanks v5.13.1

taniwha

I thought so too. But somehow I got it working again. At one point I accidentally deleted Module Manager :blush:, that stopped it working very effectively.

I don't suppose you have any inkling as to how you got it working, do you? Did it work again after trying to play without MM and reinstalling it?

I don't suppose you have any inkling as to how you got it working, do you? Did it work again after trying to play without MM and reinstalling it?

You are correct, I don't really have any inkling. I did two things, both of which I would have thought would not make any difference; (a) yes I played without MM and then reinstalled it and (B) I had removed the out-of-date KSPAPIExtensions.dll (version 1.6.0.0) from the Plugins folder so I put it back in. KSPAPIExtensions version 1.6.0.0 is not getting loaded according to my debug log as Procedural Parts provided version 1.6.2.0 of the same dll. Perhaps if you put a recent version of KSPAPIExtensions somewhere in your GameData path it will help.

I am a Linux 64 bit user which is probably not relevant.

Oh... I see KSP version 0.24.2 this morning. Here we go again............

Edit: All-right. I have updated every one of my mods for which I could find an 0.24.2 version update. Two of them installed KSPAPIExtensions version 1.6.3. I still have the out dated 1.6.0.0 version sitting in the MFT Plugins folder and it generates an incompatibility message at KSP startup but from my log I believe it is actually not being activated?

Despite all that MFT appears to be working correctly in 0.24.2.

Edited by Kaa253
more info

I've got a ton of mods installed, and I replaced all the kspapi files with the updated one, and everything else seems to work fine except for MFT. Should I leave the outdated version in the MFT folder?

Edit: Nope. Don't do that. Is there an eta on an official fix? I am NOT a modder :(

Edited by sdrober1

I've got a ton of mods installed, and I replaced all the kspapi files with the updated one, and everything else seems to work fine except for MFT. Should I leave the outdated version in the MFT folder?

The version of the KSPAPI dll that a mod ships with is the one you should be using with that mod as that's the version the mod was compiled against. Updating the KSPAPI dll on your own can cause issues, especially if you're using multiple mods that utilize KSPAPI. 5.1.0a works great for me in .24.2 x64 even with the old KSPAPI that it is bundled with. Sure, KSP throws up a compatibility warning, but that's all it is, a warning. The mod still functions correctly.

Confirmed for 0.24.2 on Linux 64 as well. After much pain I have learned my lesson. Leave the version of KSPAPI that came with each mod in place even if it is throwing a compatibility warning. Follow nebuchadnezzar's advice, he won't steer you wrong :)

I've got a problem where I can't change the tank's resources. I remove the resources to add other resources, but when I remove them it just says "No room for tank". I can't even add the original resources back.

Got the same problem as OwDoge, MFT is not working properly for me in .24.2 (Windows 32bit.) It initializes the tanks properly, but won't let me actually modify the tanks. All I can do is remove them and don't get any space back. Tried this with both the bundled KAE and the newest version

Exception when attempting to register listener: RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks, modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.PartVolumeChanged

ArgumentException: Message argument is null
at KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.PartMessageListener..ctor (System.Type delegateType, PartRelationship relations, GameSceneFilter scenes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.GetCustomAttributes (Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.ServiceImpl.Register[ModuleFuelTanks] (RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks:OnAwake()
PartModule:Awake()
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
EditorLogic:OnPodSelect(AvailablePart)
EditorLogic:SpawnPart(AvailablePart)
EditorPartList:CreateEditorPart(AvailablePart)
EditorPartList:TapIcon(AvailablePart)
EditorPartIcon:OnTap()
EditorPartIcon:MouseInput(POINTER_INFO&)
UIButton:OnInput(POINTER_INFO&)
AutoSpriteControlBase:OnInput(POINTER_INFO)
UIManager:DispatchHelper(POINTER_INFO&, Int32)
UIManager:DispatchInput()
UIManager:Update()

and

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.RaiseResourceListChanged () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks+FuelTank.set_maxAmount (Double value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.Empty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and many more... definetely problems with MFT

Edited by Alvin853

Got the same problem as OwDoge, MFT is not working properly for me in .24.2 (Windows 32bit.) It initializes the tanks properly, but won't let me actually modify the tanks. All I can do is remove them and don't get any space back. Tried this with both the bundled KAE and the newest version

Exception when attempting to register listener: RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks, modularFuelTanks, Version=5.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.PartVolumeChanged

ArgumentException: Message argument is null
at KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.PartMessageListener..ctor (System.Type delegateType, PartRelationship relations, GameSceneFilter scenes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.GetCustomAttributes (Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSPAPIExtensions.PartMessage.ServiceImpl.Register[ModuleFuelTanks] (RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks:OnAwake()
PartModule:Awake()
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
EditorLogic:OnPodSelect(AvailablePart)
EditorLogic:SpawnPart(AvailablePart)
EditorPartList:CreateEditorPart(AvailablePart)
EditorPartList:TapIcon(AvailablePart)
EditorPartIcon:OnTap()
EditorPartIcon:MouseInput(POINTER_INFO&)
UIButton:OnInput(POINTER_INFO&)
AutoSpriteControlBase:OnInput(POINTER_INFO)
UIManager:DispatchHelper(POINTER_INFO&, Int32)
UIManager:DispatchInput()
UIManager:Update()

and

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.RaiseResourceListChanged () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks+FuelTank.set_maxAmount (Double value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at RealFuels.ModuleFuelTanks.Empty () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and many more... definetely problems with MFT

And that's the latest MFT?

I don't think Real Fuels is having that problem; maybe think about switching to the latest RF build until this gets sorted out.... Heard from someone else who was using MFT and it looks like it was keeping the SDHI service module part from compiling to the point that it was breaking other functions on it. And causing some strange physics issues.... (because the part never even got to the point that it had a rigidbody assigned maybe? dunno)

Yes, latest MFT... and I don't care about the fuel part too much, but I've got other mods using the MFT api to modify tanks (TAC Life Support, MKS) that don't work right now. The exceptions are from a stock fuel tank though

MFT is causing problems, no matter old KSPAPIExt or a new one. Just different weird effects. Everything is rather working except it is not possible to change res in tanks. Removing MFT helps. Just a tiny winy problem of losing my space station in orbit :).

x64 24.2 ver.

Ok, I have a couple issues with my 32bit build, and I'm sure MFT is causing the one, but not sure about the other...

First issue is the problem I saw a couple of pages back, about not being able to use MFT to adjust the tanks in the VAB. I'm running MFT, IR, and Tweakscale all in the same build, so I know that's part of the problem. I'm guessing the different versions of KAE aren't playing nice with each other. I'm not in the "ZOMG fix it now!" crowd, so don't think I'm rushing you to fix stuff yesterday, just trying to understand what's going on in the game.

My second issue is that some of my fuel tanks are shifting way off axis and throwing CoM off as just looking weird. I'm currently trying to fly a Apollo style mission using a modified version of the KW Rocketry craft file, and every so often the lander fuel tank and the service module tanks both disappear and the CoM and camera shift. But using time warp, everything snaps back into place, until I drop back to real time and they eventually separate again. Could the MFT/IR/Tweak trifecta be causing this? I can post some screens and an output log tonight when I get home, but this is game breaking for me. Jeb and crew managed to get into orbit around the Mun, but there's no way I can put down the lander in this condition. I'm thinking it's either this, or the Klockheed Martian parts I was trying out (mainly their inflatables), for a more authentic splashdown back at Kerbin. I'll try to rebuild the rocket sans KM parts to see if that helps tonight, unless someone can confirm that this behavior is caused by some other incompatability.

I think that I have some of the problems being described. At this point, I have a ton of mods installed and from what I can gather it is both MFT and TweakScale that is causing the problem. Rather, everything works on the stock tanks, I can make them bigger and smaller and change there contents. But most other tanks I get a weird scaling message, and MFT states that it is not capable of holding resources. I had tried to install the latest KSPAPIExtension in those folders...Is that what everyone else is seeing? I don't mind waiting till it is fixed I am just wondering if that's what the case is.

yeah deleting the MFT seems to fix the problems, so whenever it gets fixed i will get it then ... if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

Edited by MrWizerd

I can't give an ETA at the moment because KAE (on which MFT is highly dependent) is being a bear. Or really, Unity is. I do have a plan of action, but my last one fell flat, so I have only modest hopes for this one.

What it comes down to is Unity goes for the first class it finds with a matching class name, rather than the one from the appropriate assembly, even when passed the actual type and not the name.

realfuels is working because NathanKell updated it. I haven't had time to update MFT as I've been busy giving it something to update properly.

The problem is that unless every copy of KSPAPIExtensions is the same version, things will break, and this defeats the purpose of KSPAPIExtensions being the way it is.

Taniwha, if I may.

I too use MFT, it is a great mod! And as a user I too preffer to have a working version now than a proper update later =^_^=

So here's the link to the latest MFT version compiled against KSP 0.24.2 and KAE 1.6.3.

Nothing in the code was modified in any way. I just compiled it and tested on my KSP installation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3yiXDvgwkLMYnhBZ2NzUk96U1k/edit?usp=sharing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.