Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

Pacific Rim. The're about 70-80 metres tall in the movie.

I also have crazy plans to build 5 of them. God bless me.

For reference this is a clip from the movie.

Also unrelated, I just found out my grandmother was nearly killed by the Japanese (she was a child during the Japanese occupation of Hong Kong) and I would have nearly not existed.

Edited by Yukon0009

Its large, its German, weighing over 200 tons (in real life) and the American Chaffee light tanks would fear its armor because the germans thought of an idea... put armor everywhere around the tank. Now this did come at the cost of a poor speed but hey its a MAUS (still working on the fenders and minor details) The production of these tanks might have changed the outcome of WWII but air superiority of the Americans put all but one MAUS to rest. What tank has 200 mm of armor on the top...... :)

*Some parts may be inaccurate but its hard I have limited time to work with :(

And in testing trials the gun has 15 degress of gun depressions seems legit..... not really only 10 degress of gun depression existed... I think o.o

LubnHvh.jpg

/snip

Ergh.. I'd show this description to some of my tank-enthusiast friends. :P

Anyways, I lost internet on my main PC, so my only bet to show progress would be taking pictures from a phone, and uploading that. Ah well, until I've diagnosed it, my pictures would be poor quality.. Or I'd have to import them. Greaaat..

Doing renovations to B-17. Takes off properly now, and cockpit has been redone.

SPCD24p.jpg

Bombing operations..

kbwHbvi.jpg

(Please don't judge..)

Anyways, I lost internet on my main PC, so my only bet to show progress would be taking pictures from a phone, and uploading that. Ah well, until I've diagnosed it, my pictures would be poor quality.. Or I'd have to import them. Greaaat..

http://i.imgur.com/SPCD24p.jpg

Bombing operations..

http://i.imgur.com/kbwHbvi.jpg

(Please don't judge..)

Thanks I got the entire tank operational all I need to do is make the mantlet a separate moving component. :) Works going good.

Speaking of air superiority run from that B-17 MAUS

http://i.imgur.com/SPCD24p.jpg

Bombing operations..

http://i.imgur.com/kbwHbvi.jpg

(Please don't judge..)

Now you just need to add the turrets. There are quite a lot of them, but they help give the B-17 such a distinctive silloeutte.

By by the way, how many crew does it hold?

While I'm at it, some cell phones do allow you to use cellular data as a wifi network. It isn't very fast and is limited by how much data your plan allows you, but if you don't want to have to import photos or take pictures with your phone, it just might work...

I'm trying a different approach to space planes. Mine usually flip backwards on flying in to KSP after de-orbiting, so I decided to change the design a bit (well, quite a lot actually). I got it into orbit OK but the reentry was rough - still a work in progress though.

t00WHrd.png

JR

Now you just need to add the turrets. There are quite a lot of them, but they help give the B-17 such a distinctive silloeutte.

By by the way, how many crew does it hold?

While I'm at it, some cell phones do allow you to use cellular data as a wifi network. It isn't very fast and is limited by how much data your plan allows you, but if you don't want to have to import photos or take pictures with your phone, it just might work...

I'll cross my fingers that the turrets don't add too many parts.. but damn, it would look even better with them.

Actually, good question about the crew - I was actually working on the capacity with accurate positions (Basically clipping lander cans..).

Only problem is, IVAing to a waist/ball/rear gunner would disorient the Navball. Otherwise, it looks good.

Buzzing the Tracking Station.. note the crew in the lower-right.

TKveAOG.jpg

The waist gunners are visible from this angle.

5XP5JEL.jpg

Moar bombing operations!

DlPsXBW.jpg

However, due to the extent of the clipping, the view from the rear and flight deck wouldn't probably be as.. pleasant as some other areas.

FDV10Jn.jpg

(I imported a load of screenshots yesterday. I think I'm tracing it down to an antivirus blocking the connection.)

Also, the PC itself unfortunately relies on wired connection to the router. But thanks, though. :)

Much like in real life, the F-35 has been a pain in my ass from the get go. It's taking away an engine and trying to get it to perform as well as the 22, while shrinking it down and trying to cram tons of stuff in there.

In terms of Kerbal I am having huge drag issues. In order to sculpt the fuselage with wings, I have to put them at angles that cause huge amounts of drag. I didn't think I would ever release an update, much less one with weapons bays. But I sat down today and made this. It's still very alpha.

ConfusedRevolvingCornsnake.gif

I also got an offer for a real person job today. I can buy myself a nice PC, and will be able to stream and make better recordings.

Edit: Also this. It is the most fun to fly.

Edited by clown_baby

Pretty awesome ISS! Just a few comments to try and make it even cooler:

I think six of the the medium radiators, three on each mounting, would look more like the real thing. In the ISS, they are mounted on a common base, but they have three sections that rotate independently, IIRC. I just saw a pic, forget what I was saying. Also Still, the truss would look much more like the real thing if you did something like this:

R6nkWna.png

It's a bit more part-intensive, but they, not even that much ~100 parts for a eight-segment truss (four of these), and I wasn't being particularly efficient when I did that, just answering someone that asked for ways to do something like this. You can make a long segment with just four long girders and four long wings...

Rune. I think.

Holy hell WoodZor, is that all stock?

I reckon it is, though you would be hard pressed in some pics. Although I spy at least one antenna from the Asteroid Day semi-official mod. The Soyuz for example is pretty awesome!

Rune. In fact, I suspect it all started with the russian modules, they look much more polished.