Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

24 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

@Azimech I monitor the craft posts on KerbalX and the forums and i have noticed a recent influx in Star Trek themed ships. I am working on one myself and thought it was weird how many people started making them at the same time as well.

I saw an ugly Ambassador & Galaxy on Reddit ... I thought I had to do something before he desecrates the holy Excelsior :-P

50 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I saw an ugly Ambassador & Galaxy on Reddit ... I thought I had to do something before he desecrates the holy Excelsior :-P

Would you happen to have a link available or shall I go hunting myself? I need to see what he's done to my beloved Galaxy!

EDIT: I think I found the Ambassador, and I think I have to agree that it is pretty poorly done.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

18 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Would you happen to have a link available or shall I go hunting myself? I need to see what he's done to my beloved Galaxy!

EDIT: I think I found the Ambassador, and I think I have to agree that it is pretty poorly done.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/4xq435/these_are_the_continuing_voyages_of_the/

Need to solve some launch problems before I'll consider this completely finished (read: BOOSTERS WON'T STOP HITTING EACH OTHER), but otherwise the Columbia class is pretty much ready to fly!

jdlLpvf.png

I did manage to get to space on my last attempt but the boosters didn't like that so they did their usual bumping into each other business and left me on a non-correctable sub-orbital trajectory :(

NaupymW.png

Definitely not inspired by Star Trek that's for sure. Don't know what you're on about.

:P

10 hours ago, Azimech said:

Next-gen graphics, amirite?

Seriously though, after seeing that Excelsior class, I sort of want to try my hand at building my own Star Trek ships. I bet the Constellation class (USS Stargazer) wouldn't be too hard, nor would a Miranda class.

Too bad I have too many projects going on right now to take on one of these giants.

I remember you saying that Kerbals would be able to go to some parts of the ship, are you planning on making a functional hangar bay with shuttles as well?

Edited by pTrevTrevs

11 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Next-gen graphics, amirite?

Seriously though, after seeing that Excelsior class, I sort of want to try my hand at building my own Star Trek ships. I bet the Constellation class (USS Stargazer) wouldn't be too hard, nor would a Miranda class.

Too bad I have too many projects going on right now to take on one of these giants.

I remember you saying that Kerbals would be able to go to some parts of the ship, are you planning on making a functional hangar bay with shuttles as well?

With the scale 1:6 a 1.25m command pod doesn't fit through the door of the Excelsior shuttlebay. Kerbals can go through though.

Miranda = always nice.

1 minute ago, Azimech said:

Miranda = always nice.

Yeah, but not as big as some Starfleet vessels, and I always thought it looked a little quirky. The upside to these things though it that it would be easier to build and it stands a closer chance of being made to exact scale.

But on the other hand the Stargazer was Picard's first command, and I couldn't even name a ship in the Miranda series that did anything noteworthy at this time.

USS Kelvin NCC-1701

LameEHF.png

7xzlpH5.png

jVlk5c4.png

lkFK5JP.png

No where near completion. I need to do a lot of work mostly on the lighting and the shape of the saucer.

Currently it has 1900 m/s of DV in the main engines and 600 m/s of DV in the impulse engines. No where near warp drive but i'm working on it XD 

Current part count of  1,171

Edited by Gman_builder

Mini Enterprise

My next little project, pun intended, because it is looking like Star Trek week on the forum lately. Working on a Mini Enterprise, the craft is performing surprisingly well but I can't say the same for the launcher. I would like for the launcher to stay somewhat proportional to the craft so I am still tweaking it at the moment. Lots of part clipping going on here with fuel tanks, batteries, generators..etc.

Photo Album

sqvKRsw.png

Just now, Azimech said:

Well it should ... Star Trek is 50 years old!

Very true lol. I have only been active on the forums for about a years but to my knowledge this is the first time there has been more than a handful of people all intersted in the same topic at the same time. Plus, it wasn't a group effort. I ton of people all kind of gradually started building star trek themed craft at the same time, unprovoked.

1 hour ago, Castille7 said:

Resistance? Ha! your resistance is nothing to me!

320x240.jpg

This thread...

Somehow I'm reminded of the episode of TNG where he lost his powers and went to the Enterprise for help, then Data let him eat like ten chocolate sundaes in one meal. 

This is Q, right?

Anybody willing to make a signature badge for the Great Starfleet Bandwagon of 2016?

Edited by pTrevTrevs