Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

An update on that MD-88 replica.

2016-08-11%2019-51-55.pngIt's got its basic form. It just won't fly. Even tho the COL appears to be right under the COM... It just wants to slowly nose down into the water... gonna have to work with it a while.

Also I've been working on an extremely fast air-breathing plane, the Javeline Mk2-2. Well, at least that's the version in this pic. It can do 1.7km/s. 2016-08-11%2020-13-44.pngThe design is "secret" for now, so this is the closest pic we've got

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

38 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

@Castille7  Is that based after a real plane? 

Beech 18B is one of a few Models made of this craft, I made a small one recenty and it shows a picture of the real craft, it's a must see, these are some very cool looking craft.

38 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

@Castille7  Is that based after a real plane?

See it here

Edited by Castille7

18 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

Oh ya. It's 1,738 m/s stock.

@Castille7 oh cool! I think you should work on the nose a little bit. Maybe try clipping Mk. 1 cockpits into each other. Other than that looks great!

This may change the size, which would have a domino effect. I will check it out, thank you!

SSTO Energy Source

Photo Album

Energy Source was inspired by the Omega 7 Refuel Station and by others on the forum. It's an SSTO for refueling Omega 7, so far I've been able to Orbit very nicely but not able to deliver much fuel supply. My goal is to deliver Fuel, Propellant & Ore in large quantities. The craft is using 12 Vectors and 8 Rapiers.

BOkMQ7d.png

Edited by Castille7

Beech Model S7-MJ

I think this craft title would be more appropriate. I made a few changes and have been working on the handling of the craft, I changed the side windows with lighted ones, the twin tail and nose have also been changed.

Photo Album

yGsvJVo.png

Edited by Castille7

Hi! I`m back.

This time im working on something different from planes and replicas, this time i have a new version (a total rework) of one of my firsts crafts, the mantide jet-car.

here you can see the very old model

vHnQPVf.png

xQQnXJJ.png

JR7m3tl.png

vy1ayjz.png

Captain Sulu, the computer core is overheating due to the ship's high part count!

Couldn't find a kerbalized Excelsior class so decided to build one. Scale 1:6. Part count is already high, estimated part count when finished: 2000. I'll first build the standard Excelsior and later make another version as the Enterprise-B. Kerbals will be able to travel to some parts of the ship.

Fully stock & won't have any engines, I'm not putting chemical rockets on it. Welding? Nope. The idea is that people use it for space battles ... some day.

xLKdTB6.png

XYGNtGH.png

abD22Ik.png

I should take a break. At least the neck is done after a major redesign and looks pretty good. The impulse engines have the right shape and size but the lighting is a problem. Same with the nacelles. The rear quadrant of the saucer is a mess and I'm out of inspiration how to build the secondary hull ... today.

ftq8GzA.png

0Y8kcjH.png

qLGp9ua.png

aTA0fZ5.png

On 8/13/2016 at 2:20 AM, Gman_builder said:

@Columbia Its a Messerschmidt BF-110 

Yep! I'm not exactly sure how I'd do the "ring" part of the ring antenna though.

On 8/12/2016 at 8:56 AM, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

An update on that MD-88 replica.

2016-08-11%2019-51-55.pngIt's got its basic form. It just won't fly. Even tho the COL appears to be right under the COM... It just wants to slowly nose down into the water... gonna have to work with it a while.

Also I've been working on an extremely fast air-breathing plane, the Javeline Mk2-2. Well, at least that's the version in this pic. It can do 1.7km/s. 2016-08-11%2020-13-44.pngThe design is "secret" for now, so this is the closest pic we've got

In my experience, when an aircraft simply doesn't take off despite an appropriately placed CoL, chances are it doesn't have enough lift/wing area. (Think of it like trying to lift an airliner with a pair of canards only.)

If you're willing to get cheaty unconventional, clip a few wing boards in the fuselage, placed and angled appropriately.