Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

14 hours ago, Columbia said:

Ooh, the same plane that Philippine Airlines first used, back in 1935. Nice!

You are teaching me something there. I saw it on a Video and remembered seeing it before. I love the style and it's signature way of sitting on the runway, similar to the way the P51 sits very low in the stern.

13 minutes ago, Thingymajigy said:

Thoughts?

Looks good! I'd say  a custom cockpit might look better but given the way your plane's nose is built, it might be a bit harder. 

Edited by Yukon0009

Omega 7 Project Update
Space Shuttle: Omega Transit One

After testing I am convinced that the craft needs reinforcement for unexpected hard landings! Or you could use F5 & F9 until you learn to land softly. Adding struts will make the craft look a little messy so I will leave the design as it is now. The craft is designed to Transport Personnel to a LKO Space Station and back to Kerbin (Shuttle Craft).

screenshot2115_zpsinoyslie.png

Another of my WIPs. The main problem with this ship is that Kerbals can't EVA from it, with the hatches all blocked. Still trying to work around that. Any suggestions? Offsetting one of the pods to stick out of the ship might work, but it's a lot uglier.

1 hour ago, Yukon0009 said:

snip

What if you made the inside of the pod hollow and used command seats for the crew? They would automatically spawn outside the walls of the Command Module whenever they went on EVA, and you should be able to enter and exit the pod freely.

5 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

Yall got some dank excrementse comin your way in a few days. Heres a couple teasers.

Hide contents

4e7CNaM.png

47bKTKh.png

MVtVaPz.png

I've been working on this project for a month and all the pieces of the puzzle are literally starting to come together.

What's going on in that third picture?

1 hour ago, Exothermos said:

Looks like a bigger fuselage composed of mk 3 parts.  My guess is the structural beams are the dimensions of the finished product.  A ruler.

Correct.

3 hours ago, erasmusguy said:

What's going on in that third picture?

It's the projected final dimensions of the triple 7.

I've finally gotten back to working on my 5/6ths scale plane replicas after a long while of working on turboprops (I'm still doing those, just taking time to do other stuff). Right now I'm working on a MD-88 replica. 2016-08-02%2014-44-52.pngI obviously need to add the wings, tailplane, vertical stabilizer, and gear, and doodads.

5 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

I've finally gotten back to working on my 5/6ths scale plane replicas after a long while of working on turboprops (I'm still doing those, just taking time to do other stuff). Right now I'm working on a MD-88 replica. I obviously need to add the wings, tailplane, vertical stabilizer, and gear, and doodads.

Why don't you make them 100% scale? Like mine. After all you can just add more detail and make it look better. Check out the 777 I'm making!

The fuselage and empennage Is completed. I have already built and tested the wing to make sure it worked so now I just have to stick them on along with the massive engines and she will be completed. I will try to do a flight test in FAR if my computer will allow it. If it crashes repeatedly I will have someone with a more powerful PC try to fly it for me, as the final part count will be somewhere around 1500.

Spoiler

i3WBaLy.png

X3itNf4.png

100% Scale Boeing 777-200ER

I present to you all.

My pride and joy

my greatest accomplishment in this game

The Boeing 777-200ER   "Ridiculousliner"

At 63.5 meters long, 64 meter wingspan, and 1668 parts. She is largest, and best looking craft I have ever produced. I can also proudly say that it is the single most detailed, and best looking triple seven ever created in KSP.

Yes it does fly, and quite good at that. However, for whatever reason all the controls are reversed. :P 

It comes equipped with Flaps, Slats, Spoilers, and Thrust reversers. along with 33,000 units of fuel to power it's massive GE90 replica engines.

Sadly there are no landing gear big enough in the stock game so it has to take off with hack gravity. It uses launch clamps in the place of gear to support the weight of the aircraft during launch.

It was built and flown in FAR and has a very low stall speed of around 70 m/s. I also fixed the weird wing problem seen in the screenshots.

VDR38sU.png

yQkg6ry.png

YgTlwEU.png

SdkMVL5.png

ZqBNrt2.png

HSSwKGv.png

Please give me feedback! I love to hear it!

Note: Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is REQUIRED. Or else there is not enough struts in the entire game to keep this thing from jell-ifying on launch.

Download link: https://kerbalx.com/Gman_builder/Boeing-777-200ER

Edited by Gman_builder

18 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

@Gman_builder

Good Lord, man! I'm starting to think that every member of this forum (including myself) is mentally insane. This is just crazy!

Thanks man! Have you realized my plane has almost the same amount of parts as you do rep.

Coincidence?

*X files music plays*

Edited by Gman_builder

27 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

Thanks man! Have you realized my plane has almost the same amount of parts as you do rep.

Coincidence?

*X files music plays*

Huh, 1785. I was hoping to see the moment I reached 1776 for... patriotic reasons... but it looks like I missed it by nearly ten points.

I am finally rebuilding my curiosity rover after the latest versions broke it. I have redesigned it from the ground up and it is light years ahead of the older version in terms of realistic behavior, operation and looks. And it was already the most realistic one available!

I have finished the rover, the aero-shell and the centaur upper stage. I have action grouped every operation and the level of detail extends down to separate motor groups on the sky-crane for descent and ascent. All RCS systems are action grouped for usage only during specific times during the mission and flying it is both a challenge and a joy! All parts will look almost identical to their real life counter parts.

The level of detail in this MSL build is unprecedented, I have painstakingly replaced many parts that where connected in a group one by one simply to remove one part.. 

All I have to do now I make the Atlas V 541. I will endeavor to include the offset booster configuration too. This is a nice distraction from the constellation build which is wearing me down a little with all the testing required, as anyone who is attempting it knows how much work it takes.

The MSL and AtlasV should be out in a week or two.

Edited by Majorjim!