Ever just.. quit the game?

Motokid600

Yes I have. I was forced to quit because I left the country. After about march of last year, I started to run out of steam and haven't played the game nearly as much since then (about 2-5 hours per week). I spend more hours scouring the forums and installing mods than playing the game, interestingly enough. You could say that I've checked out.

There is an easy way to avoid running out of Steam. Just click on the menu in the top right corner and select the 2nd option Go Offline. Now you can run your Steam games without an online connection and it won't time out. At least I assume that is what you are talking about since no human could get bored of KSP.

I kinda did for a while, got fed up with it and didn't play it for a few weeks, came back to it ten an was determined to get to the mun in career mode, since i've done that and gone to minmus I can't stop playing it! unlocked some interesting stuff so i'm hooked all over again!

My first (real) Duna expedition (currently waiting in orbit to fly back home) somehow exhausted my drive - Banished came out, I walked over a Sims 2 video by bonecanoe, Payday 2 had a game changing update ... I intend to return my Kerbals before .24 hits, but currently I need change of scene after about eight months of almost exclusively playing KSP.

I still follow Scott, HOC and goldfish on youtube though.

The game is not expandable enough.

So, how many hours did you spend playing KSP?

Frankly, if you spent more than 10 hours, you already got more than the industry standard's worth of entertainment for your money. If you downloaded and applied even one single mod, you already got more than the industry standard's worth of free bonus content. And KSP gives you orders of magnitude more than that.

This isn't a case of Unity being subpar (though it certainly is), or KSP being unfinished (though it certainly is), or anything similar - this is a case of you binge-consuming to the point where you throw up. It is the same reason why some people can play World of Warcraft obsessively for three years to the point where it destroys their lives, only to turn around and become viciously hateful towards the game and anyone who continues to play and *gasp* dares to have fun doing so. It's a crying shame because they forget and deny all those years they genuinely did have fun. Believe me, I know people like that, knew them before and after. It was certainly not the game's fault.

Don't let that become you. Don't binge-consume, and don't play purely because of a perceived obligation. This is just a game, meant to be fun. And nothing is wrong with deciding to quit a game, so long as you don't do it out of disgust over what it has done to you.

To be honest, spending time futzing around to make things work or work well rather than actually playing is why I rarely PC game, period. KSP's been the first exception in years, and I did have to futz with it.

The game, stock, to me seems stable enough. 20 hours on the demo and 45 in .23 and no crashes yet. If you add mods and the game breaks somehow, well that should be no surprise for any game, and the fault is mainly with the mods. If you feel you've done everything you want to in stock, then you can fairly say you've "finished".

But to have problems with mods breaking the game, then complain that you want more moddability, well I'm sorry but that just seems silly.

I've taken a month or two off before.

Then I come back and love it all over again.

Me too. But I play for longer period of time every update. (As in months.) Once you play it, it becomes slightly more bearable.

The mods never make my game crash. But they only add to the initializing stage of the game.

2013 Schedule

January: PLAY KSP LIKE A MADMAN

February: Ehhh... Still can't dock...

March: DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT I QUIT

April: *playing TF2*

May, June, July: *playing a crapload of TF2 and JC2MP*

August-December: Hmmm... I wonder what the forums are up to... OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG START THE DAMN GAME DELETE ALL DAMN MODS GO GO GOOOOOOOOO

I've taken a month or two off before.

Then I come back and love it all over again.

This is where I am now. The sandbox mode has lost some of it's appeal to me, as my computer severely limits the part count I can do, and the large motherships I want to build are too laggy. Career mode has killed it for me with the newer science rules.

Yeah, I'm kinda off KSP right now. I was hardcore for a while there, racked up 800 hours of playing in six months. But I finished Career Mode, twice. And I've landed and returned from everywhere in Sandbox. And building big space stations or Munar bases just seems tedious to me. So now it's on a back burner. I'm playing Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition now. Probably come back to KSP when 0.24 comes out.

I quit and come back all the time. I don't get hooked to just 1 game, there are so many good games to be played! New updates usually have me back for an extended amount of time, .24 will probably have me doing some big projects I never finished

My game loads super quick (even using a lot of mods and high part count ships), hardly ever crashes and I haven't really experienced any of the issues you mention. Must be your computer's problem.

Cliff notes: No! (Although I took half a day off after killing Jeb the first time.)

Having said that, no matter what game you play, if that's the only thing you play...eventually you will get bored. At the moment my playtime is divided between KSP, Rust, EVE Online, Project Zomboid and Dust 514. Bit of Borderlands 2 as well if I need to let of steam.

That is how it has been for me since .20 or so except that I never deleted any of the game folders. I am starting to feel a slight urge to try it out again but I will most likely not do so before .24 is out.

You do realize that anyone who has done that would not be on the forum anymore, right?

I'll admit I haven't played for a while, but I'm taking a break, I'll play again soon. Almost did last night, but I wont uninstall.

In fact, I have games installed on my system that are years old.

Better check some replies then including my own. I myself am still hoping that they will release something that changes the game like docking ports did.

Right now besides resources I am still waiting for ball bearings and hinges, which would add alot to me. One of the reasons I quit playing this game is because the ball bearing mods no longer work properly since last versions as it will just lead to KSP crashing after a few relaunches and has not been updated in ages.

I've ragequite after inexplicable kraken attacks but thats more a walk off for a few hours and cool down situation. Never felt the desire to just up and uninstall outside of troubelshooting to fix a possibly corrupted install.

My game loads super quick (even using a lot of mods and high part count ships), hardly ever crashes and I haven't really experienced any of the issues you mention. Must be your computer's problem.

Cliff notes: No! (Although I took half a day off after killing Jeb the first time.)

Having said that, no matter what game you play, if that's the only thing you play...eventually you will get bored. At the moment my playtime is divided between KSP, Rust, EVE Online, Project Zomboid and Dust 514. Bit of Borderlands 2 as well if I need to let of steam.

I really dont believe that... I have seen people who have the latest high end system and run it off SSD and yet it takes ages to load and even launching a high part count ship.

Game is hard.

I go through phases. Ksp definatley isnt my goto game but at 400 hours I think I have had my moneys worth. And when I take breaks from other games I have a habbit of spending a few hours on ksp send a rover here, mine some kethane there.

I rarley find the need to mod the hell out of the game and I've yet to need to edit configs. The most mods I ever had at one time was 7.

I do wish they had an inbuilt mod manager and a launcher (I use ateam) such as the one skyrim uses and u just subscribe to your desired mod and the launcher deals with updates and what not (this maybe incorporated into spaceport 2

That's all it took to get you to quit the game? Stay away from long books, any TV series by Ken Burns, or the original version of "Layla" then. :rolleyes:

I haven't played long enough to quit. Nearly did out of frustration. It's a steep learning curve. I haven't gotten to Duna yet, my spacecraft I construct in orbit keep falling apart, not sure how to do it. I've only added a very few mods and those were mostly craft like the Enterprise and such, and that was just a few days ago. I mostly just play stock.

Dododyne Propulsion- Ad Astra Per Mortum!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.