The Grand 0.23.5 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

After a brief look (because I have to work in 8 hours, stupid timezones!!:mad:) I have concluded that rockets are now held together by magic and that rest looks awesome but will have to wait because they deserve more time. Nice work Devs, you did it again.

Hi all --

I just started messing with the new release, and one of the first things I noticed is that the Illuminator lights now seem very overpowered. I have a few on one of my ground vehicles and when I turn them on it's like staring into the sun. :) Is the new light glare and over-bloom a bug or a feature? What do you all think; like it, hate it?

I am not on the hate side but I think ground detail is really washed out now so I hope they reduce the light intensity to previous levels at some point.

Lee

I just started messing with the new release, and one of the first things I noticed is that the Illuminator lights now seem very overpowered. I have a few on one of my ground vehicles and when I turn them on it's like staring into the sun. :) Is the new light glare and over-bloom a bug or a feature? What do you all think; like it, hate it?

They can't be as OP as what the B9 lights do sometimes... Hey, lets light up the entire visible side of Duna! From Space!

Hi all --

I am not on the hate side but I think ground detail is really washed out now so I hope they reduce the light intensity to previous levels at some point.

Lee

The round illuminates have always been overpowered. Try the rectangle ones.

Try right-clicking on them in the VAB/SPH for a spiffy new feature. :D

Pls respond. Does larger mods parts require update do benefit from new joint system?

Personally I wouldn't know kiwiak, and the devs are busy troubleshooting an issue that affects porting old saves. So we'll have to wait for the mod authors to see if this needs to be done.

They can't be as OP as what the B9 lights do sometimes... Hey, lets light up the entire visible side of Duna! From Space!

I know, it's so crazy when that happens. It's even funnier because I believe the description text says something about these lights not being able to light up a planet :P

It seems I'll have to restart, as my heavily modded (Interstellar, DRE, FAR and 20+ more mods) setup has got new parts after update but locked the research facility (in career!) and hasn't got any asteroids. Still, great update!

My favorite thing about this update were the under the hood improvements :P. I love the fact that I can actually appreciate the ocean in Kerbin. I have had this game for close to two years now, and only recently have I been able to appreciate the rivers that were added not too long ago. Good Job Squad!

Everytime my little computer chugs bast another megabyte, I stand up and cheer.

Onward, my liege!

Onward, my faithful steed!

28 seconds left.

My heart is pounding, and I cannot wait. Sweat begins to form on my forehead, and I quickly brush it away. The tension is rising.

5 seconds left.

Almost there, I murmur excitedly.

0 seconds.

I cheer so loudly that my neighbors phone my house and ask what's going on.

Time to get started!

Anyways, how have you been liking the update?

Its taking much longer while to load now, and some other issues may show up as I harness my space rockets and feed it to Jool :P

I fast forwarded for 12 in-game years and not a single unknown object spawned. I'm bummed. And yes, I toggled the thingie to show unknown on the map.

Are you using an old save from a previous version? That happened to me, but creating a new one seems to have solved it.

Edited by Felsmak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.