parts you'd like to see

what parts would you like to see added by squad? id like to see stock cargo bays and maybe a bigger wing or two. other then that maybe a few more like space stationy parts. just to kinda flesh out stock space stations a bit more. overall squad has done a wonderful job with the parts and i look forward to each and every update.

2.5 m versions of the Stack Bi-, Tri, and Quad-Couplers. Especially the Bi-Coupler, since you can't really do a twin stack otherwise.

3.75 m to 5x and 7x 1.25m adapters. That would be nice for various things. And yes I know it can be done with cuboct struts, but a real adapter will look better.

The separate engines and base structures from the new engine cluster and LFB.

I'd like better intergration for the Mk3 fuselage parts. The mk3 parts have been there for a long time but are very underused because it's hard to work with them when they don't have many of the accessory pieces they need.

Decouplers + seperators, RCS tank, SAS unit, Mk3 tanks with oxidizer and mk3 engine adaptors.

There are so many missing 3m parts. Mono propellant, big RCS, SAS...

It appears from the descriptions that the new 3m parts are mainly heavy lifters. I really kind of like the idea of them staying that way and the 2m/1m parts retaining their 'specialty' roles in regards to parts for stations, landers, etc.

I would really like to see advanced rover bodies (both manned/unmanned) and smaller high tech science parts to go with them. By advanced rover bodies I mean 1m or 2m parts that appear to be streamlined when placed in a rocket, but then when activated the wheels and other features unfold from them. I like making my own large rovers but I would like to see some minimalist rovers that don't require weird placement for landing them on planets.

What I really really want though are adjustable parts for independent suspensions for vehicles. I am tired of modifying rotatrons after every update, and their shape doesn't always lend themselves to ease of placement.

Nert's adapters from NFPP (hell, all of NFPP) and Porkjet's habs. Also Kommitz' nuclear engines and Orionkermin's HGR capsules. All great "stock-alike" parts.

Pretty much all this plus something like the SDHI clamp-o-tron/parachute combo and Nothke's service module tubes would make me exceedingly happy. A stock robotic arm would be great too.

A Camera

In real life, one of the first things a probe or rover is doing, when approaching it's target, is taking pictures, right?

I'd really like to make some photos (and get science for it).

• 3 weeks later...
Nert's adapters from NFPP (hell, all of NFPP) and Porkjet's habs. Also Kommitz' nuclear engines and Orionkermin's HGR capsules. All great "stock-alike" parts.

I second this, but would also add the KSO parts, either station or KSO. That is one of the best mods.

Some sort of 2-kerbal capsule.

That and a better variety of engines. So far, we literally have two or three upper stage engines. SQUAD, I love you guys, but please, just add this. Even over many updates would be perfectly fine.

Plus, as a side note, could the Poodle and LV-909 have longer engine bells? I mean, it's all out of sync here! The lower stages have higher length to diameter ratios for their engine bells, and the upper engines have lower ratios. So, I suggest flipping it around. This will be big and probably break many saves, but it adds a tiny bit to the realism.

Rover parts that would make them more usable. At the moment there are a LOT of parts for Rovers but they're are problematic to deliver and even then can't drive very far and break (crash) on the way. So currently the best way to gather science with Rovers is to fly them to target anyway! Honestly some stock auto cruise system would give them purpose in life. (I also always thought the heaviest of wheels should be mounted underneath a load and not to the side, on a long, feeble cantilever. OK, make it tank tracks.)

Also basic stock robotics (e.g. 1 hinge and 1 axle). That could even fix the Rover delivery problem^.

After that, the stock plane parts are pretty limited and I think a basic space shuttle should be buildable from stock. But I suppose there is B9.

Edited by DailyFrankPeter

Even though there are a lot of options by using mods, there are a few things I would like being developed and thus supported by Squad.

Basic robotic parts

More variation in science parts ( The current parts are way too generic )

Better fitting cockpit/fuselage parts ( The current ones doesn't seem to fit nicely ) ( space planes )

Although people consider Mechjeb cheating ( which is complete BS, considering KSP is a singe player game ) I would like a Squad part that does provide with that additional info like Dv or simply Apoapsis or periapsis.

Cargo bays or modules that fit in-line with the rest of the vessel to tug away RCS cannisters, batteries, antennae or science parts.

Longer 0.625m LFO tanks

0.625m and 2.5m jet engines

2-Kerbal 1.25m tandem aircraft cockpit

Radial decouplers suitable for smaller and larger craft (seriously, we have three and they're all about the same size)

Fairings and an in-game reason to use them (perhaps procedural)

A landing leg the size of the Rovemax 3

2.5m LV-N variant

Small monopropellant fueled throttleable engine

While smaller jet engines would be nice, bigger jets should wait until the game gets better aerodynamics and jet engines are properly nerfed. The most powerful jet engine in the world, the GE90, is rated for 514 kN of thrust. Around 7.3 m long and 3.4 m wide, it's a bit smaller than the S3-14400 fuel tank in KSP. In a game where rocket engines are generally weaker than real rocket engines of the same size, jet engines more powerful than the current ones would be out of place.

klockheed martian space shuttle engines pack, the rest of KSPX, revamped mk1, 2, and 3 fuselage parts/cockpits, 2.5 meter bi, tri, and quad adapters, as well as 1.25 penta, hexa, hepta, and octo to 3.75 meter adapters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.