Project Orion(MPCV) - The most accurate Orion vessel you probably have seen until now

Welcome to a new way of space travelling. Welcome to the new Golden Age of extraplanetary exploration. Welcome to Project Orion, the most accurate space vessel ever done.

MAIN DESCRIPTION

Our engineers in Dieguscus.Corp have managed to make one of the most precise, well-crafted and engineered ship kerbalkind has ever achieved.

Project Orion is based on its real world counterpart, the Orion MPCV, which will carry astronauts to the future planned missions of the NASA space agency. Project Orion is mostly made-up of two major parts: the crew module, which will contain the crew and all the life-support , and the service module, which acts as the propulsion system of the vessel.

This propulsion system consits of one LV-T45 engine which serves as the main engine of the ship and a set a four auxiliary LV-1R liquid engines for extra movility. Is also equiped with the latest RCS thruster technology for efficiency and precision control in zero gravity.

Also equipped with action groups:

• Press 1 to toggle both OX-4L 1x6 Photovoltaic Panels, Comms DTS-M1 long-range communication antenna and deactivate torque of the MK1-2 Command Pod.
  • Press 2 to activate/deactivate the main LV-T45 liquid engine.
  • Press 3 to activate/deactivate the LV-R1 engines.

ADDITIONAL SPECS

• Total cost: 65,530Cr.
  • Total mass: 17,345Kg.
  • ISP value: 363s.
  • Amount of thrust: 216kN.
  • Total amount of DELTA-V: 2,202m/s.

Congratulations! Now you're good to go!

Once your mission is done and you are on a low Kerbin orbit, the Crew Module will detach from the Service Module and will carry safely the crew to land.

PRODUCT IMAGES

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Unfortunatelly we have not developed a reliable launch system that could bring Project Orion beyond Kerbin, but I'm sure each consumer will manage to do one of them (specially with the new SLS parts).

Originally Project Orion was built because of the non-accurate Orion MPCV ships. If you share my dream of bringing some vehicle to the kerbals that could transport them safely beyond Kerbin don't doubt, download now and enjoy several missions with it and its crew.

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

:D ENJOY! :D

3qspQVv.png

(Tested with several crew members. 54.5% of mission succeed. All tests were done in closed areas and performed by non-trained stuntmans. Dieguscus.Corp does not responsibilice of future injures or deads.)

Edited by Dieguscus

Well, this is awesome! :D

I'm officially a fan of your work now and will start following the things you create. There's so many cool techniques here, e.g. the sideways RCS thrusters and the way the pod is sunken in to make it look smaller compared to the service module (like the real one). :)

BTW anyone knows how to delete a post? I messed up the first post trying to make this one. So noob...

Go to "Edit Post," and it should say delete at the bottom. Alternatively, go to "Go Advanced" and there should be a delete function at the top. Although, I think there's a time frame for how long after the post was made for it to be able to be deleted. :)

• 2 months later...
BTW anyone knows how to delete a post? I messed up the first post trying to make this one. So noob...

I don't know how to delete a post (but see the advice above and see if that works). I do have some other advice though.

One thing you can do is as you reply to someone, click the "Reply With Quote" button to quote their message before replying. You can also remove parts of the message that are irrelevant to your reply so that your post isn't too long. When you press "Reply," it actually doesn't reply to that person at all. It's a bit confusing, and should be fixed, but that's the way things are.

Nice craft! Thanks for sharing it in the stock repository. I'm adding it right now.

I don't know how to delete a post (but see the advice above and see if that works). I do have some other advice though.

One thing you can do is as you reply to someone, click the "Reply With Quote" button to quote their message before replying. You can also remove parts of the message that are irrelevant to your reply so that your post isn't too long. When you press "Reply," it actually doesn't reply to that person at all. It's a bit confusing, and should be fixed, but that's the way things are.

Nice craft! Thanks for sharing it in the stock repository. I'm adding it right now.

The other post was succesfully deleted some time ago but thanks! Also thank you for saying me the "reply with quote" thingy, it's quite useful actually. Im glad you like it!

I have read about that experiment a few weeks ago. Its exciting stuff but sadly this will not happen within our lifetime.

The amount of energy needed to warp space on that scale is too great for all current and foreseeable energy sources.

It is many times higher than all the energy in the observable universe.

Not to mention the fact that all this 'warping' of space requires an as yet unknown 'exotic' form of matter to create negative energy.

But our kids, kids, kids, kids may just see something like this.

It will take a huge leap in our understanding of physics to find ways around the energy problem.

Its nice to see the beginning of something too though I guess.

MJ

quite good... :P

now build this:

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2014/06/holy-crap-nasas-interstellar-spaceship-concept-is-amazing/

edit* i thought id better make it clear, i really like your work. well done. :D

Actually I was thinking on trying to build it. I read about it this morning and I think it's a pretty awesome concept but sadly, as Majorjim pointed out, we won't see anything like that in our lifes... Let's see If sometime I come across with something similar. Cheers!

Edited by Dieguscus

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.