[1.1.2]Aerojet Kerbodyne 3.0 (4/29/16 Better FX, still good for 1.1.2)

blackheart612

True, but.... this is the reason:

I'm making a more accurate version than SDHI though I still appreciate the work, I don't want to overwrite it, rather, I wanna work side by side with it, the one I am creating right now is the ATV version which means I'll add something like the 4 small engine nozzles + oms version than the large engine but I'll also add the large on for constellation.

Ah, gotcha, yeah my mistake. I saw a picture from the ARM program literatusre that was from a weird angle that made it look like the OM was using 4 small bells like ATV, but actually yeah it's the 4 RCS jet pairs, I see, but I'm glad to see you giving some love to the real ESA/NASA service module, even in mini-form, and hopefully eventually up-scaled for Taurus :)

There's a nice piceture of the tail end here:

arv-orion.jpg

Ah, gotcha, yeah my mistake. I saw a picture from the ARM program literatusre that was from a weird angle that made it look like the OM was using 4 small bells like ATV, but actually yeah it's the 4 RCS jet pairs, I see, but I'm glad to see you giving some love to the real ESA/NASA service module, even in mini-form, and hopefully eventually up-scaled for Taurus :)

There's a nice piceture of the tail end here:

http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/styles/946xvariable_height/public/arv-orion.jpg

I totally thought it was ATV's too!

Regarding the Taurus parts, they will be gone, as the tweakscale will take care of it, same parts can be 2.5m and 3.75m with a click of a button so not a problem (still thinking about the engine but tanks and decouplers are sure to be tweakscaled)

Here's a little more update, the heatshield has different design than SDHI so you can choose what's better for you. :D

Still figuring out how to make the inflatables work.

vMfuLIg.pngJooBrFm.png

ESA Service Module is complete! Just need to make an Orbital Maneuvering Engine to compliment (I forgot if the ESA version uses the ICPS?)

PGUOSxM.png

Question.. the Tarus SM. Has a working decoupler and an auto shroud for the CM. So why do you use the stock 3m decoupler in your assembly photos? Also.. without the decoupler the LES shroud and lower fairings do not match up with the auto shroud. ( The auto shroud is a smaller diameter ) And even if you use the decoupler the shroud still does not match up correctly. And it's a bit of an eye sore. Something I'm doing wrong maybe? I'll post pics later if needed.

Edit: If the Tarus parts are going to be obsolete then, well.. lol... Nevermind.

Edited by Motokid600

Question.. the Tarus SM. Has a working decoupler and an auto shroud for the CM. So why do you use the stock 3m decoupler in your assembly photos? Also.. without the decoupler the LES shroud and lower fairings do not match up with the auto shroud. ( The auto shroud is a smaller diameter ) And even if you use the decoupler the shroud still does not match up correctly. And it's a bit of an eye sore. Something I'm doing wrong maybe? I'll post pics later if needed.

Edit: If the Tarus parts are going to be obsolete then, well.. lol... Nevermind.

It's because the LES shroud is supposed to match only the Service Module, and incase you missed it, Aerojet Kerbodyne has its own heatshield and it's not a stock decoupler on my pics, it's the decoupler I made, it fits the Heatshield and the SM. It will look perfect if they are all used together. :)

Update and Screenshots as usual

Finished alternative tank today along with radial attachment point (which are useless, just for aesthetics), Adapter/Decoupler for Service Module to ICPS, Tank Shroud so that the big half sphere of ICPS won't touch the engine if it is there.

Comparison:

hLo97O8.pngPWNtWcr.png

The engines are already done in modelling but I'm going to do the RCS remodel first + the dual nozzle RCS below the Service Module where both 2009 and ESA version have different ones so I have to make separate ones.

Here are some shots:

D8IjqWz.png

ZouMyNb.png

I think I need to change that Engine FX...

sGezA5Y.png

UPDATE

I have completed texturing the second shared texture export (Low Service Adapter, Tall Service Adapter, Smaller Service Module, Radial Attachment Point and the Tank Adapter). The next stuff I need to do will be the thrusters - Big Side RCS Thrusters for the Small Service Module, Remodel of the Existing RCS, the Four RCS thrusters below the ESA Service Module, OME (LV-900 replacement but still thinking if I can have a better name), HG-10B replacement still to be named.

Here's the picture of the optional Constellation Service Module with ICPS and Adapter

iqgnlS3.png

After the thrusters, I will have to make the models for Fairings and the Adapter/Decouplers that will cover the ICPS for SLS use and maybe a fairing for the New engines because they can be used normally anyway.

Question about the new ICPS / DCSS: how long is it (in meters) from the bottom of the RL10B-2 like engine, to the bottom part of the upper tank? Thanks in advance. :)

(I'm thinking about making an adapter part for RSS size; due to the proportions of 2.5-3.75 meters and 5-8.4 meters not being the same I might try this out)

To clarify:

ZqqL2GF_TlVs.png
Edited by Woopert

Dev Update

Two engines are done but the whole thrusters on the same texture shared aren't done yet (they're just RCS thrusters so I made the one with Emissives first)

I tested and they work well and look just as planned. Engine stats are the same as the previous HG-10 (for AK10-118J) and LV-900 Orbital Maneuvering System.

Pics:

QESYOE3.png

Replacement of HG-10

OZOTHJn.png

Question about the new ICPS / DCSS: how long is it (in meters) from the bottom of the RL10B-2 like engine, to the bottom part of the upper tank? Thanks in advance. :)

(I'm thinking about making an adapter part for RSS size; due to the proportions of 2.5-3.75 meters and 5-8.4 meters not being the same I might try this out)

The length of the ICPS in that picture is about 4.30m, BUT in game it is 4.45m because of node placements that I have put because of reasons. So maybe you could make 4.45m-4.50m long adapter that can fit it.

A little more detail on the things I developed today since I really wanna post this pic.

I've redone some UVs in decoupler and retextured some parts with pleasant results. I imported the RCS below the ESA version now and the Remodel of the RCS Thrusters as well (which have less poly, looks more accurately and I think still looks fine despite the huge trim in Tris.

I got to play around the imports when suddenly I wanted to take a pic of something:

arhLDe7.png

You keep getting better and better! :)

Not sure if it's because the engines don't have tankbutts or not. But thanks! There is always room for improvement and as time passes, I always feel like the work I have done can be improved and it was worse than what I can make today :D

Edited by blackheart612

Havent't checked in the forums for a while and this has happened. It is amazing :D

Yes, it is indeed amazing. :) I seriously love our community as KSP players. blackheart612 is also a really nice guy, he helped me out with a KSP part for RSS.

Is there a git / dev download somewhere or do we have to wait until release ;-)
No beta download.

But if I dedicate myself a little more I might be done after some time. After all, I already imported most of it and the final parts to be imported as I planned are almost done. Fairings that cover the Service Module and 2.5m ICPS cover and 2.5m-3.75m Adapter are all done, I'm still planning to add tankbutts if you want to use the engines outside the service module and fairings as well. After I texture and import, all that's left is balancing of prices, editing of descriptions and the tech tree integration, mostly stuff on config so stay tuned :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.