Better Atmospheres Development Thread

when i am use this is mod and EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements my game crashed. what do I do?

At what point did it crash? It's quite cpu intensive, if you're running large part mods/ other graphics mods (like hi-res textures) try removing them.

detail.tga should be the only one in city lights. DetailCity.tga should be in clouds.

Oh yes, thanks, I had wrongly copied DetailCity in both folders ! :)

Oh and I was mistakenly not installing your RSS folder. :D

Silly Me ^^

PS : Is there a HiRes Mün texture you recommend that is compatible with BA ? :)

Edited by vanlock

Yeah me too, but managed to get the atmosphere to work *kinda* by toying around with the rss config, although it doesn't have a gradient atmosphere anymore just straight blue :/ it's black until hitting 'reset to default'.

Could you just compile the RSS config then distribute that?

c2ajNWD.jpg

hello again fine sir! fantastic mod with easy to use GUI. i found a way around the having to do the alt+N ever time you start the game..... you can delete the lines of code that you dont want and WALA its perma.

how can i change the radius of the fluffy clouds? it seems a bit small for my liking :)

i meant to say how do i define the render limit where fluffy meets flat texture.

Edited by praise the suuun

i meant to say how do i define the render limit where fluffy meets flat texture.

Gamedata>Environmental Enhancements>Settings You can increace the Hex radius and the segment division, my pc crashes with a division above 5.. and my pc isn't exactly weak

Edited by pingopete

I'm not gonna work on the RSS config until rbray brings out the next VE, which will bring about many changes to the config system and improvements for RSS. This won't be for a while and I have upcoming exams etc. There simply isn't any real point in working with the dodgy system on rss until these improvements are out, sorry.

why not. Ah right, because you're a mod dev and we're not.. I see how it is!

EDIT: Sonic, you should down sample the blank atmo texture, it's an 8k texture but it's plain white, was causing crashes until I down scaled it :/

I just want to say, I love this mod! it's amazing :)

Have you considered giving an atmosphere to the sun? Would that be possible within your current system?

I'll actually try this, but i have no clue what I'm going to be achieving.