[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

I would be very interested in this too, please share your experiences if you try out!

You will need to increase scale lines by 6.4x and decrease speed lines by 6.4x. (Though if this uses EVE Overhaul, you can leave speed alone).

You also might need to change altitudes upwards to decrease zfighting in scaled space.

I really love this mod... just installed it and everything seems to be running fine, But I've noticed that my Kerbals' eyes are different sizes... I never noticed this before, and it seems to be for all kerbals (who otherwise look great). Is this normal or a bug?

I really love this mod... just installed it and everything seems to be running fine, But I've noticed that my Kerbals' eyes are different sizes... I never noticed this before, and it seems to be for all kerbals (who otherwise look great). Is this normal or a bug?

Ha, ha... Completely normal. There is a subtle difference in the size of the eyes. I don't realized, until I had to change the textures of the heads... I think is clearly intentional and very intelligent by squad... I mean, I suppose that is a symmetry breaker on the kerbal fisonomy. A very intelligent step in the design, in order to do more credible and more natural the kerbal beings.

Excuse my horrible english and my weird-spaniard date method! :sticktongue:

Small license for the off topic: Despite I love the metric system I can understand the changes of units or things like that, but I'll never understand the reason to say the month before the day. k_huh.gif

Edited by Proot

Oh no.... worry not. I kinda of liked it when I first noticed it, but I'd never noticed it with stock textures. I'm sure I would have had I been paying closer attention... it's the beauty of your Renaissance textures that made me just stare at Jeb's awesome new face and notice it for the first time.

So, my KSP install tends to be a bit of a Frankenstiens Monster - a bit from BA, a lens flare from Astronomer, retextures from Ven etc.. but with KSPRC, Proot has made atmospheric flight magniflorious!

WzGDMD7.jpg

Thank you Proot, for the RSS config that removes the white horizon! I didn't realise how much it bothered me until it was gone - now I never want it to come back! :D

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Hiya!

I've recently embarked to provide atleast one screenshot of every body with KSPRC installed, and have been 'halted' from constant crashes (even with ATM aggressive installed, don't ask for the sake of my sanity, please). Anyway! I managed to get the Opening Menu and Space Centre screen at least. Stay tuned, there will be more in the coming days.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Chezburgar7300
Fixed an error, sorry about that!

It honestly sounds like you guys are running out of memory, dspite having ATM install. Have you checked the Task Manager while KSP is running? Also, I don't know if ATM is actually working all that well in 0.25. Personally, I use 32bit OpenGL and rarely have an OOM crash, have you guys tried that?

EDIT: Proot, the RSS dll is out of date and I get the AVC notification every time I start the game. I tried replacing just the dll and .version with the one from the RSS thread and the horizon is back to white. Not sure why, but looks like I'll have to use the dll provided with KSPRC and edit the .version file myself.

Edit The Seconde: Also, a maintenance release of DistantObject exists. Would be groovy if you updated that as well.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I'll never understand the reason to say the month before the day

There is none. M/D/Y is crazy, there's no sense to it at all. Even the American national day is said "Fourth of July" so they can't even be consistent themselves.

Wohoo is back!! Well done Proot! :D

2 easy questions:

1) I play on Win7 x64 and unfortunately RSS is not compatible with 64bit. I simply have to delete the RSS folder right?

2) There's an upgrade of TextureReplacer 1.9. Do you will upgrade your pack too?

Ps: the solar light are simple amazing! well done! one more time:P

1) I play on Win7 x64 and unfortunately RSS is not compatible with 64bit. I simply have to delete the RSS folder right?

2) There's an upgrade of TextureReplacer 1.9. Do you will upgrade your pack too?

1, Nathan offers unlocked x64 versions of his mods upon request by PM

2, there's an update to at least three of the mods (TR, DOE, RSS). Here's hoping they all get updated :)

Hay guys, I just noticed my clouds have stopped moving. Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: Ok they are moving.... but very slowly. Like you can watch them creep along at several warp factors beyond normal, but it looks very weird with day and night flipping and only minute motion in the clouds. IS there a way to increase the speed of the clouds?

Edited by JPL1980

Already asked and already downloaded but not work :(

Well then, the problem is down to installation/incompatibility (I noticed that replacing the RSS dll in x86 didn't work either) so at this stage, your only option is to either: use win32bit, use Linux 64bit or just not use the RSS part of KSPRC (i.e delete it).

I still had memory problems myself until I started to use the OpenGL switch. I'm not certain, but I think a recent version (since .24 or maybe .23) goofed up how much memory was used with loaded textures. Remember, it happened before in an older version before that too. With ATM I used to be able to run a ton of mods in older versions, and then suddenly I found myself running out of memory after an update.

BTW, 3/11/14 is Europeanese for 11/3/14 (i.e 3rd November 2014).

D'oh...I knew that but it didn't even cross my mind. Thanks!

Just curious, but why does Eve have a purple atmosphere but a green glow around the planet? I've always thought it was weird and possibly a bug before, but it is very prominent in the new KSPRC as well.

It's completely natural.

Kerbin/Earth atmosphere is diffusing the blue color from the sunlight, and turning the white light into a more red/orange one depending on the amount of atmosphere particles traversed by sunlight, which results in what you can see in sunsets and sunrises.

For Eve it's the same: it diffuses purple, leaving the light greener in the end.

(PS: I don't like KSP's Rayleigh Scattering shader, spent a day tweaking it and couldn't do anything close to what I wanted :P)

It's completely natural.

Kerbin/Earth atmosphere is diffusing the blue color from the sunlight, and turning the white light into a more red/orange one depending on the amount of atmosphere particles traversed by sunlight, which results in what you can see in sunsets and sunrises.

For Eve it's the same: it diffuses purple, leaving the light greener in the end.

(PS: I don't like KSP's Rayleigh Scattering shader, spent a day tweaking it and couldn't do anything close to what I wanted :P)

Excellent explanation, sir. Thank you. I'm assuming PlanetShine uses the purple reflected light, and we won't have a green light bath in low orbit around Eve?

Excellent explanation, sir. Thank you. I'm assuming PlanetShine uses the purple reflected light, and we won't have a green light bath in low orbit around Eve?

No, only the purple light, but I'm considering to add this in the future.

Please, use the OpenGL flag to avoid the memory problems. 0.25 seems to be more expensive in memory terms (maybe for the new parts?).

Wohoo is back!! Well done Proot! :D

2 easy questions:

Ps: the solar light are simple amazing! well done! one more time:P

Many thanks!

1) (I suppose)

2) Yes. 2.0 is planned with updated plugins an probably the "extras" pack.

Hay guys, I just noticed my clouds have stopped moving. Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: Ok they are moving.... but very slowly. Like you can watch them creep along at several warp factors beyond normal, but it looks very weird with day and night flipping and only minute motion in the clouds. IS there a way to increase the speed of the clouds?

Noted. The speed of the clouds in Kerbin is a pending matter for me... I wish to achieve the most realistic speed (could be amazing to make a more time-lapse look for the warped time -obviating the linear movement of the clouds, of course-).

Just curious, but why does Eve have a purple atmosphere but a green glow around the planet? I've always thought it was weird and possibly a bug before, but it is very prominent in the new KSPRC as well.
It's completely natural.

I think that Cetera speaks about the green glow over the Eve atmosphere. Is not set by PS, is set by EVE.

Moho, by proximity to Kerbol, is a kind of Mercury, so I've imagined it suffering a huge amount of solar wind all over it (but barely visible). But don't have atmosphere, so don't have auroras.

Eve is like Venus, the next one, but have atmosphere this time. So I've imagined Eve suffering a huge solar wind too. But in this case having a weak and very pushed magnetic field. I think this could produce a kind of "planetary-size aurora" in the sun-side (more pushed by the solar wind), which is that green glow over the sun side of the planet.

But I'm thinking right now... That despite all this, I've forgot the cusps on the auroras of Eve. (noted, for the next version) :P

Do you like that idea, people?

Is my idea about "planetary auroras" not realistic or maybe is placed too low?

I admit scientific corrections with all my love, I'm trying to make this as credible as possible.

Edited by Proot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.