[1.7.2] KK Launchers - Delta, Atlas Pack

On 2016年4月17日 at 5:53 AM, schism1234 said:

is there a way to make the spacex pack work with RSS without having to use RO?

Yes. You can just override the fuel weight and engine thrust in the cfgs to mach the real rocket.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:55 PM, mark7 said:

Yes. You can just override the fuel weight and engine thrust in the cfgs to mach the real rocket.

ok I have done this. for some reason I am only able to get the vehicle up to about 1300 m/s before MECO. even at that I have fuel left over but it still shuts down. it is shutting down at about 40 km which is nothing in comparison to real life.

Edited by schism1234

For some reason I am having trouble with the fairings in that I cant seem to figure out how to stage them. I have old school fairings installed as well. Do these fairings have a specific base part they connect to that I am missing? Otherwise, this mod is excellent and everything i build with it flies great with FAR.

On 2016/4/23 at 8:22 PM, schism1234 said:

ok I have done this. for some reason I am only able to get the vehicle up to about 1300 m/s before MECO. even at that I have fuel left over but it still shuts down. it is shutting down at about 40 km which is nothing in comparison to real life.

Doesnt make sence……Why are the engines shutting dowm? Lack of fuel or other reasons? Ues F3 to check it. 

Or maybe you can send your cfgs to me to check it out.

Edited by mark7

Not sure if it is known or not and I realise the version on the SpaceX pack still says 1.0.5 so I'm not sure if a fix is planned, BUT, the LZ-1 "pod" flies off into space at GREAT speed when you try to launch it (loading it on the pad, I mean)

On 23.4.2016 at 2:22 PM, schism1234 said:

Please explain in more detail what happens. Are you shutting the engines down because of low fuel, to be able to still make a landing? Or does the stage for some reason auto-shuts down? Are you using Realism Overhaul? Seperation speed of CRS-8 first stage was about 1800m/s+ at an altitude of 70km+. Are you using Remote Tech or something and it shuts down because you're out of range or something? Please explain, otherwise we can't help you.

20 hours ago, teamz1ssou said:

For some reason I am having trouble with the fairings in that I cant seem to figure out how to stage them. I have old school fairings installed as well. Do these fairings have a specific base part they connect to that I am missing? Otherwise, this mod is excellent and everything i build with it flies great with FAR.

No, you just attach them to the upper stage fuel tank and stage, they don't need anything more. So can you actually stage the fairings and they just don't seperate from each other and fall back, or can't you stage them at all? I didn't test this mod with FAR, so I can't say what the problem is or could be. Thank you! :)

17 hours ago, lextacy said:

could you link us the new Atlas redux for 1.1 ?

Whopsi, sorry, I will do that. Hold on.

29 minutes ago, bradleyjh said:

Not sure if it is known or not and I realise the version on the SpaceX pack still says 1.0.5 so I'm not sure if a fix is planned, BUT, the LZ-1 "pod" flies off into space at GREAT speed when you try to launch it (loading it on the pad, I mean)

This mod is supposed to be compatible with 1.1, but apart from a quick check if everything was working, I didn't really use it in 1.1. Oh, that seems to be the Kraken. I will check it out and see what I can find, thanks for reporting! :)

No worries, I also have my old 1.0.5 installation which I'm mostly using until everything is more stable with 1.1.

Just tried to load LZ-1 in 1.0.5 and while in 1.1 it flies off into space at incredible speeds in 1.0.5 it results in an incredible explosion followed by the camera moving away from kerbin again at incredible speeds, not sure what causes it to happen or why there is a difference (no explosion in 1.1) but yeah, no rush just thought I'd report it and see if it gets fixed, I like the idea of having a landing pad, even though I don't know I'll actually ever be able to hit it haha ;P

5 minutes ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Please explain in more detail what happens. Are you shutting the engines down because of low fuel, to be able to still make a landing? Or does the stage for some reason auto-shuts down? Are you using Realism Overhaul? Seperation speed of CRS-8 first stage was about 1800m/s+ at an altitude of 70km+. Are you using Remote Tech or something and it shuts down because you're out of range or something? Please explain, otherwise we can't help you.

No, you just attach them to the upper stage fuel tank and stage, they don't need anything more. So can you actually stage the fairings and they just don't seperate from each other and fall back, or can't you stage them at all? I didn't test this mod with FAR, so I can't say what the problem is or could be. Thank you! :)

This mod is supposed to be compatible with 1.1, but apart from a quick check if everything was working, I didn't really use it in 1.1. Oh, that seems to be the Kraken. I will check it out and see what I can find, thanks for reporting! :)

I'm having the same problem with the fairings. They don't show up in te staging menu. Old school fairings is installed and I'm not using FAR.

1 hour ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

The problem I'm having is the fairings don't show up in the staging menu at all, and right clicking on them doesn't give an option to stage. 

7 hours ago, mark7 said:

Doesnt make sence……Why are the engines shutting dowm? Lack of fuel or other reasons? Ues F3 to check it. 

Or maybe you can send your cfgs to me to check it out.

I think I might have figured it out. Maybe not entirely though. I will send my configs when I get home to my computer. Basically the rate at which the kerosene and lox are being consumed isn't the same as the original ksp. I adjusted it in the config to match the RO config and it seems to work better. The engines were definitely shutting down on their own due to lack of prop. This last go I was able to get up to about 65km and a speed of about 1600m/s with a little fuel left over (killed the engines myself to try and see if I could do a landing attempt). What was happening before is I was still showing 13k units of ox and about 11 of fuel but the green bars for the engines were empty. How can I send you my configs?

kart- negative on using RO. Was trying to just make the F9 you have work for real solar. 

Edited by schism1234

16 hours ago, schism1234 said:

I think I might have figured it out. Maybe not entirely though. I will send my configs when I get home to my computer. Basically the rate at which the kerosene and lox are being consumed isn't the same as the original ksp. I adjusted it in the config to match the RO config and it seems to work better. The engines were definitely shutting down on their own due to lack of prop. This last go I was able to get up to about 65km and a speed of about 1600m/s with a little fuel left over (killed the engines myself to try and see if I could do a landing attempt). What was happening before is I was still showing 13k units of ox and about 11 of fuel but the green bars for the engines were empty. How can I send you my configs?

kart- negative on using RO. Was trying to just make the F9 you have work for real solar. 

Upload the CFGs to somewhere and share the link. Also,  you seem to have RF installed?  Do you have RF patches for the tanks and engines?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.