[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

3 hours ago, spacecookie said:

Made me laugh a lot :P

I know I've already said it but great Great Gemini :D May I suggest you to craft the Agena antenna, I find it really " eye-candy " and somehow kerbalish science.

Soon BDB will have that, AND the docking mechanism! Especially good seeing as that's where this Gemini will be released!

A problem has appeared with the Soyuz TMA style retractable probe n drogue docking adapter pair. They no longer dock, no magnetism effect and no actual docking, even with an accurate dock. It is as if they do not recognise as docking ports, although MJ does.

8 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

A problem has appeared with the Soyuz TMA style retractable probe n drogue docking adapter pair. They no longer dock, no magnetism effect and no actual docking, even with an accurate dock. It is as if they do not recognise as docking ports, although MJ does.

It's a known bug. Beale accidentally made them both the same gender in the .cfg somehow. All you have to do is go into the .cfg for Soyuz_DockingMechanism_Z, and change the line "genderFemale" from true, to false. This will make them work just fine as far as I know.

Edited by curtquarquesso

21 minutes ago, curtquarquesso said:

It's a known bug. Beale accidentally made them both the same gender in the .cfg somehow. All you have to do is go into the .cfg for Soyuz_DockingMechanism_Z, and change the line "genderFemale" from true, to false. This will make them work just fine as far as I know.

cheers, also, do you know where the link for the tweakscale configs are? Would like to re-scale some parts, mainly to build a properly proportioned BLACK PRINCE

8 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

cheers, also, do you know where the link for the tweakscale configs are? Would like to re-scale some parts, mainly to build a properly proportioned BLACK PRINCE

What's wrong with the current proportions? Black prince scales to 1.875m.

EDIT: Ohhh the upper stage is wrong.

Edited by CobaltWolf

19 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

The 0.9375m number assumed a 1.5m Gemini. I included a scaled mockup of Agena for Beale, just because I could. 

9d57e72519.png

It looks large, but that's really the size that it should be. You'll need to figure out how it works with Atlas though... You may need a 0.9375m adapter for Atlas, if you don't already.

On experiments, there was the experimental MMU, I believe there were some exposed payloads, but I'd have to look. They also attached a tether to Agena, and did some orbital ballet. I'll have to check. Making a convex collision mesh for that section so you can stuff equipment back there will be a pain, and it will also make symmetry and surface attachment back there possible, but frustrating. Not sure how to handle it really...

I would not do this. No one is in that much need to get their hands on the add-on right now. Just please be patient, and wait for Beale to get things running again. 

An agena Docking port would be AWESOME!!!

As for the MMU, I believe it only flew once on Gemini 9A. (IF you mean the zip gun, then I don't know how many times it flew)

17 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Update:

The Titan II GLV from BDB doesn't have enough Delta V to get into orbit on HSS x3, so I didn't get into orbit, then I realized that one of my mods broke the parachute so it all ended in disaster, but jeez did it look nice. Thanks Beale! :)

Not enough DV? Just modify the ISP. That's what I do for my HSS install. 

8 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

What's wrong with the current proportions? Black prince scales to 1.875m.

EDIT: Ohhh the upper stage is wrong.

The BLUE STREAK (1st Stage) should be wider, 2.5m, to be closer to its 64% scale of the real thing, Te BLACK ARROW stages are ok.

Just now, Cdodders said:

The BLUE STREAK (1st Stage) should be wider, 2.5m, to be closer to its 64% scale of the real thing, Te BLACK ARROW stages are ok.

Negative, ghostrider. The Blue Streak is 3m IRL which is 1.875m in KSP sizes. 2.5m would be 83% of the actual size. The Black Arrow (I think they're supposed to be all caps, you're right) should be something like 1.25m with a 0.9375m second stage. So the current one is actually far too big.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Negative, ghostrider. The Blue Streak is 3m IRL which is 1.875m in KSP sizes. 2.5m would be 83% of the actual size. The Black Arrow (I think they're supposed to be all caps, you're right) should be something like 1.25m with a 0.9375m second stage. So the current one is actually far too big.

anyhoo, you know where the tweakscale configs are?

39 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Not true, the first stage of Black Arrow is 2m wide, the second stage is 1m wide, so if the first stage is 1.25m, then the second stage would need to be .625m.

Just now, VenomousRequiem said:

Not true, the first stage of Black Arrow is 2m wide, the second stage is 1m wide, so if the first stage is 1.25m, then the second stage would need to be .625m.

I didn't actually look up the Black Arrow specs I just guessed after looking at Andegraf.

:) Would be nice if you would switch to github. Its rather easy to do, you benefit from a great versioning tool and ckan integration is also easy. The guys from ckan have a perfect tutorial and are really fast & helpful. I switched two days ago and even host my own netkan in my repository which gives me full control over the ckan integration without the need for making a pull request each time I want a little change. Which helps them and me ;)

@Beale Hey Beale, thanks for updating the Tantares LV download, such a shame KerbalStuff is gone. Would you have any idea though why my Kerbal preview wont show up in the bottom right when using your command modules? I don't know if this is a feature as I cannot find any other reports for it anywhere. 0_0 If it's a bug, I will happily give you my specs.

2 hours ago, frayment said:

@Beale Hey Beale, thanks for updating the Tantares LV download, such a shame KerbalStuff is gone. Would you have any idea though why my Kerbal preview wont show up in the bottom right when using your command modules? I don't know if this is a feature as I cannot find any other reports for it anywhere. 0_0 If it's a bug, I will happily give you my specs.

The kerbal preview won't show up because the pod has no IVA. It's no bug. :P

@Beale maybe you should have your pods use the stock placeholder IVA, no? Just as a temporary thing. 

13 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

The kerbal preview won't show up because the pod has no IVA. It's no bug. :P

@Beale maybe you should have your pods use the stock placeholder IVA, no? Just as a temporary thing. 

Agreed. May I ask, are you going to officially release the Gemini with the IVA?

6 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

You mean CKAN? Did you try downloading and installing manually? There's a link in the OP. 

Yes I mean CKAN.

All my modes installed via scan.

If I install mod manually will not be updated automatically.

Edited by Wuwuk

Just now, Wuwuk said:

Yes I mean CKAN.

All my modes installed via scan.

If you set manually will not be updated automatically.

I mean, you'd have a better time installing manually. You miss out in such a large variety of mods when only using CKAN! It's missing so much. It's not like mods update too terribly often anyways, I say start doing things manually. 

3 minutes ago, Wuwuk said:

Yes I mean CKAN. All my modes installed via scanIf I install mod manually will not be updated automatically.

Well, you don't have a choice right now. Just install manually until CKAN is working again. Talk to the CKAN people about it.

Edited by curtquarquesso