[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Where can i find the "lattice style" decoupler for the Tantares Soyuz Decent and Instrument Module that I keep seeing in pictures? The one that is in the Tantares parts pack is a solid one that is flush with the hull.

Where can i find the "lattice style" decoupler for the Tantares Soyuz Decent and Instrument Module that I keep seeing in pictures? The one that is in the Tantares parts pack is a solid one that is flush with the hull.

The "lattice style" decoupler is a part of the "Nova Punch" mod.

It's no longer available. The current decoupler between the Soyuz SM and CM replicates the TM and TMA variants of the Soyuz where the lattice structure is covered by thermal fabric, though, *hint hint*, it would be nice to see an alternate decoupler with a lattice structure.

Enabling the British rocket parts (in particular the Blue Streak parts) to be sized up past 1.875m

Blue Streak/Europa is 1.73m in KSP, so 1.875m is a close enough approximation, so I don't plan on making it scaleable to a large size. I don't want to break career too much.

Black Arrow is actually too large in Tantares. It should be around 1.25m. I've included configs to make it smaller, but not larger.

Any specific reason you think those parts should be allowed to scale to 2.5m?

It's no longer available. The current decoupler between the Soyuz SM and CM replicates the TM and TMA variants of the Soyuz where the lattice structure is covered by thermal fabric, though, *hint hint*, it would be nice to see an alternate decoupler with a lattice structure.

Blue Streak/Europa is 1.73m in KSP, so 1.875m is a close enough approximation, so I don't plan on making it scaleable to a large size. I don't want to break career too much.

Black Arrow is actually too large in Tantares. It should be around 1.25m. I've included configs to make it smaller, but not larger.

Any specific reason you think those parts should be allowed to scale to 2.5m?

Blue Streak/Europa and Ariane I - 44 ... is a close enough approximation ...

New decopler with lattice structure is on the way. Hmm, with thermal fabric ... i think about

6WX0J6Z.png

sorry, the texture is Q&D.

Edited by hraban

Blue Streak/Europa and Ariane I - 44 ... is a close enough approximation ...

New decopler with lattice structure is on the way. Hmm, with thermal fabric ... i think about

sorry, the texture is Q&D.

Way cool!

Fuji IVA.

Two Kerbal's comfortably sit in the finest Japanese capsule hotel.

b343205ce0.jpg

e559b85a32.jpg

Edited by Beale

Imagine yourself inside that capsule. You're undergoing reentry after something went wrong, your trajectory is much steeper than it should be. You might not survive.

And that picture is there looking at you.

That's rather beautiful.

But, really, thank you for that chuckle.

WE RIDE TOGETHER TO BREADHALLA, FLUFFY AND WHOLEMEAL

Will the Fuji's Orbital Module have a picture of N1-Chan?

I have the file saved somewhere, could be a nice addition! :P

Great. Now I'll have that bread staring at me in orbit. Just kidding. I like your avatar Beale.

But my little cousin says she has nightmares from your avatar.

Now every time I play KSP, she'll see your face :D

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome IVA nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Hraban: Awesome original Soyuz decoupler.

In preparation for the Fuji revamp, I decided to nail down a good JAXA H-IIB replica with an HTV thrown in for kicks.

HTV:

• 1.25m CBM

• 2.5m Body

• 1.875m Engine

H-IIB

• 3.0m Core Stage

• 2.25m Upper stage

• 1.5m Boosters

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It still needs a little polish, and it currently has a lot of dependencies, so I'll be making another with no dependencies at the cost of accuracy.

@Beale, with the IVA, can you cram the IVA space full of props? I've always liked really cluttered IVAs. Very immersive.

Also, will you actually be able to see out of the hatch? I don't envy the task of setting up the Fuji IVA, heh.

Edited by curtquarquesso

I have one question, A little thing thats been bugging me, What decoupler do you use for detaching the descent module of the soyuz from the habitation module? The best decoupler i can find for it isn't even a decoupler, it's a docking port with a built-in parachute.

I have one question, A little thing thats been bugging me, What decoupler do you use for detaching the descent module of the soyuz from the habitation module? The best decoupler i can find for it isn't even a decoupler, it's a docking port with a built-in parachute.

If we're both thinking of the same decoupler, you have it right. The decoupler used between the OM and DM also has a built in parachute.

I second the motion for cluttered IVAs. There aren't very many interiors in this mod anyway, so when we do get one, we like it to be as nice as possible.

If we're both thinking of the same decoupler, you have it right. The decoupler used between the OM and DM also has a built in parachute.

I second the motion for cluttered IVAs. There aren't very many interiors in this mod anyway, so when we do get one, we like it to be as nice as possible.

No, I mean a DECOUPLER, I'm using a docking port for it, But i've seen in the videos a seamless decouple, i've tried action groups for that and it didn't work, Luckily i've been able to dig up some tweakscale configs, and i'll just have to make do.

You want the Tantares parachute part T037A Return Parachute, which is both a decoupler and parachute.

In preparation for the Fuji revamp, I decided to nail down a good JAXA H-IIB replica with an HTV thrown in for kicks.

HTV:

• 1.25m CBM

• 2.5m Body

• 1.875m Engine

H-IIB

• 3.0m Core Stage

• 2.25m Upper stage

• 1.5m Boosters

http://imgur.com/a/VG9ZS

It still needs a little polish, and it currently has a lot of dependencies, so I'll be making another with no dependencies at the cost of accuracy.

@Beale, with the IVA, can you cram the IVA space full of props? I've always liked really cluttered IVAs. Very immersive.

Also, will you actually be able to see out of the hatch? I don't envy the task of setting up the Fuji IVA, heh.

Very nice approximation, I love it.

On IVA, props yes. Where to put them? I don't know. It may come to placing a few control panels in there if the props do not sit on the existing space well.

You want the Tantares parachute part T037A Return Parachute, which is both a decoupler and parachute.

On IVA, props yes. Where to put them? I don't know. It may come to placing a few control panels in there if the props do not sit on the existing space well.

Thank you for the response, I'll look for it now.

Are you making an RPM version and if so would you consider ASET props instead of the standard RPM props?

Are you making an RPM version and if so would you consider ASET props instead of the standard RPM props?

I am looking, but it looks to be very aeroplane focused... What is the benefit for space capsule?

You should use the pic that looks into viewer's eyes, that would be much creepier.

Maybe :wink:

Hello Beale and all interested,

the lattice framework Decoupler has reached final status.

Looks very nice :)

Is the 'half-sphere' included in the decoupler?