[0.24.2] Kerbal Crew Transfer - v0.5 released, 0.24 support and Crew Swapping

joed_

Does this require a docking port or something? I was trying to test out transferring between two pods I put on top of each other. My idea was to have a transport stage in one pod that then disconnects and gets discarded. But this requires transferring the crew.

Not unless you have CLS installed. Although I don't use CLS so I haven't tested, it will restrict movement if you have CLS installed and the modules you are transferring to/from are not appropriately connected. Without CLS (my situation) I can transfer Kerbals all around my hair-brained designed stations with impunity :)

• 2 weeks later...
You're very welcome.

Be aware though, that Squad are implementing some form of Crew Transfer in .25 (according to the latest devnotes), so this mod might not have much of a raison d'être after that. I'll maintain CrewXfer until then, but after that it depends on how exactly they've decided to handle it. If it's similar to the way Ship Manifest or Crew Manifest do it, then you can be assured that CrewXfer is sticking around.

I've been using it and I like it. I needed a mod to do one thing that this one does.

I wouldn't worry about 0.25 until a) it comes out B) you see what they do.

BTW, I never bothered with connected living spaces. If I want to voluntarily not transfer crew thought a, for example, fuel tank, then I can just not do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas why this won't work in career mode? Works find in sandbox mode but not in either of the career modes.... There's no part.cfg to edit so it's not like it needs to be part of the tech tree.... I do not have CLS installed.

Great stuff. Picked this up because Ship Manifest support for CLS seems spotty at the moment, and I don't really need resource or science transfers (have other mods for the first, and mostly sandbox so no use for the latter). I still keep Crew Manifest around for it's "Fill Vessel" functionality, though. Also, minor grammar nitpick, error message for "Part's aren't connected" should be just "Parts" without the apostrophe.

Also' date=' minor grammar nitpick, error message for "Part's aren't connected" should be just "Parts" without the apostrophe.[/quote']

That's rather embarrassing... I'll release an update with a fix for that ASAP. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Since squad seems to be doing it so you can only transfer crew with connected parts please can younstill continue to support this mod?

Have they announced this specifically? I thought it was just speculation based on that video.

Still, I'd like to keep using this mod because if they haven't fixed the "pod door" bug (where its hitbox is like 1 pixel wide) their feature will be super annoying.

Just a quick message first to say thanks to the MOD developer. Great one especially when coupled with connected living space.

The thing is, and I have seen at least one post suggesting this MOD was not working correctly, you have to know how to actually "transfer things using the default KSP mechanics..."

So, for the newbies out there (and I was one until very recently :P), KSP let you select multiple parts to transfer resource and crew (with this MOD installed) by ALT + right clicking 2 parts! Yep! Was not aware of this until very recently and I do have a few hundreds hours of KSP playing in my logbook so...

Hope this helps.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Could this be updated for 0.90? I need a lightweight crew transfer mod.. :( And this is the only one I've seen which doesn't have excess features.

I would have to agree.

While SM provides this capability, kerbal crew transfer is an elegantly simple solution without the "excess" features.

@joed_: I'd be happy to fork and submit a pull request to bring it up to date with 0.90 if you don't have the time or inclination to do so. Otherwise, I'd be happy to take over maintenance if you approve.

I would have to agree.

While SM provides this capability, kerbal crew transfer is an elegantly simple solution without the "excess" features.

@joed_: I'd be happy to fork and submit a pull request to bring it up to date with 0.90 if you don't have the time or inclination to do so. Otherwise, I'd be happy to take over maintenance if you approve.

Update:

I've looked over the code, and tested version 0.5 with 0.90 and it seems to work, with the exception of black portraits on certain transfers. So, it is useable in 0.90. If the mod author is okay with it I can clean up the portrait issue and bring the Module manager config up to date with better support for parts with crew capacities of greater than 10. Also, the current code is not as efficient as it could be and could experience issues with large vessels, tho I've not tested that to see if it impacts frame rate.

If anyone out there is using this mod, please let me know if the frame rate is affected by this mod when you are preparing to transfer and both windows are open...

For those unfamiliar with this mod (as I was) you first right click either the source or destination part, then ALT+right click the other part... the end result is you will have 2 Tweakable windows open at the same time. The crew members then appear in the tweakable windows...

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 4 months later...
will there be an update to 1.0.4?

If the stock feature displeases you (and it does me), the "Ship Manifest" mod provides crew transfer facilities controlled by Connected Living Space, as well as some other useful features. I recommend it.

• 3 months later...
W1ntermute said:

There's a major bug with this mod in 1.0.5, it doesn't allow craft to take off into orbit, change orbit from thrust or be controlled via RCS/reaction wheels. 1.0.4 was the last iteration of KSP that this mod worked with

There is no reason to use this mod. Stock KSP already have the exact functionality as this mod:

Made crew transfer available from the part right-click menu.

Source: Kerbal Space Program changelog

Edited by Phineas Freak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.