[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Hokay! Deleted medsouz, KerbinSide, and LackMisc (KSC++ just in case) and installed KerbinSide v0.38.2 again (from Kerbal Stuff) without installing LackMisc (KSC++) or anything else KerbinSide this time.

Same results, new screenshot: http://imgur.com/GBwCTs3

Everything works wonderfully, they just don't show up in the handy new UI they way they should...

That's the VAB. You've got helipads selected. Unless you set launchFromAnySite = True in KerbalKonstructs.cfg, helipads won't be listed in the VAB.

There's only one problem: I can't reproduce it. It happens (as of now) every time the window pops up. I'm busy right now, so I can't check, but I'll be able to in about an hour. (PS: It's not a glitch that needs fixing, it's just an annoying little bug. It doesn't affect the gameplay in any way.)

I'm having problems reproducing it too. Until I can, I can't really fix it, or rather, know that I have fixed it. I've made a tweak to the code of the next version of KK that MAY make the selector GUI a little more robust but whether it fixes this bug, no idea.

Unless you set launchFromAnySite = True in KerbalKonstructs.cfg, helipads won't be listed in the VAB.

Well that makes sense, doesn't it? Thanks, AlphaAsh. Gotta remember to look at the .cfg before I start asking for help... :wink:

I suppose having the "unavailable" tabs not show up when the various launch points are unavailable could help with future confusion? But I understand now!

Hey so I tested this out on .25 and it is pretty awesome, I want to had it to my current career save (will make doing the FinePrint rover and fly over missions way more enjoyable)

The issue is my current career is in .24.2

My question is if I use the last version of KK that was made for .24.2 will the current all-in-one pack work with it, or should I get the last all-in-one that was released for .24.2?

Cheers

Hey so I tested this out on .25 and it is pretty awesome, I want to had it to my current career save (will make doing the FinePrint rover and fly over missions way more enjoyable)

The issue is my current career is in .24.2

My question is if I use the last version of KK that was made for .24.2 will the current all-in-one pack work with it, or should I get the last all-in-one that was released for .24.2?

Cheers

KK dev here, get the latest KerbinSide All In One and replace your "medsouz" directory with this (0.24.2 version of KK) and everything should work.

I'm doing exactly what you say.

ALL OF KERBINSIDE BROKE.

No buildings load and I STILL can't use any of my new launch sites. That's 500 MB of memory I'm not using.

What is the problem you are having?

What ksp version are you using?

I ended up installing the newest version of KK, on 0.25, and all that is visible is the ksp buildings-I installed the all in one.

The one recommended meant that the ksp buildings didn't load.

Edited by 19chickens

So, the upgradable KSC buildings preview has been released today. I think it's fair to say that the models are quite underwhelming.

I'm wondering if this mod is capable of tackling the replacement of lower tier KSC buildings, if people were willing to contribute reworked models and textures?

Congrats on being showcased on Scott Manley's channel, BTW.

This mod crashes my game when I try to enter VAB or SPH. I use x32 version tried downloading Kerbal Konstructs separately, but no luck. I also use several other mods as well. There are the extra buildings in the Space Centre though. Need any log files or something?

1 - Check if you have a directory in GameData called Hubs. If you do, delete it.

2 - Then delete KerbinSide directory.

3 - Then delete medsouz directory.

4 - Go to KerbalStuff, grab the latest version of KerbinSide, install that.

5 - After that, grab the latest version of Kerbal Konstructs from KerbalStuff.

6 - Install that.

This mod crashes my game when I try to enter VAB or SPH. I use x32 version tried downloading Kerbal Konstructs separately, but no luck. I also use several other mods as well. There are the extra buildings in the Space Centre though. Need any log files or something?

How much RAM does your computer have? A straight out crash like that, on x32 KSP with "several other mods" is likely the memory limit (of the game which is approximately 3.5 Gb) being exceeded.

Edited by AlphaAsh

8gb of RAM. I was little underestimating my mod number, its 35 folders so I guess mod number is around 30. Its stuff like Kethane, FAR, robotics, remotetech, extraplanetaray launchpads. So yeah, memory may be an issue. Any mods that may help out with that?

EDIT: Active Texture management did the trick, KerbinSide works all right now.

Edited by taro8

Great mod!!

Out of curiosity, why does the water structures(the one that are in a folder) are way heavier than the land structures?

I mean, for the runway and helipad my game work fine but when I try to take-off from the carrier, my game lag(and crash if I have all the water structures).

speaking of Active Texture management does anyone have a MM config for this mod so ATM leaves the launch site icons alone and doesn't make them just black squares?

Don't compress the medsouz folder, that's the Kerbal Konstructs folder and all it has is plugin data and the textures for the little icons and such, so I don't even make a cfg for it. The only cfg I made when I installed KerbinSide was this one:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG{
folder = KerbinSide
enabled = true
OVERRIDES
{
KerbinSide/Flags/.*
{
compress = false
mipmaps = false
scale = 1
max_size = 0
make_not_readable = false
}
}
}

KerbinSide's TGAs use the highest compression but I've read a few times that KSP uncompresses them. Still, the only real benefit you might get with running ATM over them is re-sizing the largest ones. Pretty sure very few are bigger than 256x256. Most are 128x128 or smaller.

The All of it In 1 has been updated to v0.39. Find download links in the OP.

Changelog:

• Added some new preview locations, including some new rocket pads. Some of these bases will be expanded in a later release. Some may be removed.
  • Expanded a few locations.
  • Re-scaled Green Basin's crawler so it isn't so huge.
  • KerbinSide bases now have custom icons in the Tracking Station and Map View.
  • Included latest Kerbal Konstructs - version 0.4PRE4e.
  • Completed launch descriptions and preview images for the Launchsite Selector.

KerbinSide's TGAs use the highest compression but I've read a few times that KSP uncompresses them. Still, the only real benefit you might get with running ATM over them is re-sizing the largest ones. Pretty sure very few are bigger than 256x256. Most are 128x128 or smaller.

Why are you using TGA at all? KSP TGA loader is bugged, this format should be avoided in favor of PNG or MBM (DDS if you don't mind the plugin).