[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

AlphaAsh, I don't know if this has been asked before, and please excuse me if it has. Why is Kerbin-Side so big?...

Is it a stylistic choice? Im just curious, because either way I love and will continue to use your mod

Nah, I just tend not to worry too much about scaling in preview material. That particular example just isn't finished yet. The next version will be a little smaller :)

Thanks, good to know for the next time I reload. However, I lost my camera controls again when I installed Raster Prop Monitor. I can only take off from KSC launchpad or runway and keep the controls (I can land on them fine). I think its just a config and, if it is, I can get it worked out eventually. Since Raster is so cool, I was wondering if someone already had a config for it?

The All of it In 1 has been updated to v0.38. Find download links in the OP.

Changelog:

• Included latest version of Kerbal Konstructs (v0.4PRE4b).
  • Old tracking station model replaced with a new one.
  • Old tracking station still included for those who make their own bases.
  • All launchsites now have a category to take advantage of a new filter in Kerbal Konstruct's Launch Selector.
  • Some texture optimisations.

Thanks, good to know for the next time I reload. However, I lost my camera controls again when I installed Raster Prop Monitor. I can only take off from KSC launchpad or runway and keep the controls (I can land on them fine). I think its just a config and, if it is, I can get it worked out eventually. Since Raster is so cool, I was wondering if someone already had a config for it?

Actually, I've been seeing some issues with camera controls since I started squashing bugs in KK. The bug I am seeing is on the first time you launch on to any custom launch site after loading a save game. The camera just won't budge and it's only after you revert or recover and in the next launch that it unsticks. It's a bug in KK and I'm working to fix it.

It looks like the KerbalKonstructs toolbar icons included in the latest version are corrupted. Probably a problem with KK rather than KerbinSide, but just wanted to let you know.

Thanks chap, not sure what went wrong there. Anyways, I've just released a KK fix for this.

Alpha ash, I know i bugged you about this before. What are your thoughts on opening up launch locations as you progress through the tree?

I've got a different idea for this chap that I need to get the design accepted by medsouz before I start working on it. I think the approach you describe would be good for Science mode but for Career mode, I'd rather see new launch locations being a funds sinkhole instead.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Currently rolling another release to include a new model that should have been included. The current version of KerbinSide will result in KSC++ not loading and the KK icon in the SPH and VAB doing nothing. Fix coming very soon.

The All of it In 1 has been updated to v0.38.2. Find download links in the OP.

Changelog:

• Included a model that was missed in the previous release. This should resolve any issues with KSC++ not loading or Kerbal Konstructs not working in the VAB or SPH.
  • Sorry I screwed up the last release. I was sloppy and in a rush.

When I install KerbinSide and KSC++. All Kerbal Konstructs and KerbinSide stuff doesn't load. Is this the same bug/glitch as the one the next update will fix?

I believe so. Come back and let me know otherwise.

ok, i just saw that you have an update and i haven't installed it yet and this really isn't a big deal, I just found it humorous. I did what you said to unlock my camera and it worked but now the airfield I spawned at is gone so Im sitting in the desert with no runway to take off on.

I like the idea about the different airfields costing money to use for career mode...

I absolutely love your mod, especially the KSP++ integration! Visual perfection! However, as of the latest all-in-one update (nice UI changes, btw) I noticed this strange behavior: http://imgur.com/a/5rjbB Essentially, all launchpoints show up under the All and Other tabs... but not in their specific, proper tabs. ;.; What to do, AlphaAsh?

When I loaded my KSP install after installing the newest All In 1 version of KerbinSide, when I click on the Kerbal Konstructs button, the window that pops up is off center and the text and the image is cut off. Would a reinstall of KerbinSide fix it? Pokpok's tab seems to be at the right position.

EDIT: It doesn't affect the game, it just looks weird because it never happened in the old installs I had.

Edited by TheJewelOfJool

ok, i just saw that you have an update and i haven't installed it yet and this really isn't a big deal, I just found it humorous. I did what you said to unlock my camera and it worked but now the airfield I spawned at is gone so Im sitting in the desert with no runway to take off on.

I like the idea about the different airfields costing money to use for career mode...

KK 0.4PRE4c (the most up-to-date and included in 0.38.2 of KerbinSide) should fix the problem with the base not spawning. The next version of KK (coming soon) should fix the camera sticking issue.

Thanks for the support of the idea. I may have to do it as a separate extension to KK though. Not sure yet.

...Essentially, all launchpoints show up under the All and Other tabs... but not in their specific, proper tabs. ;.; What to do, AlphaAsh?

Investigating. Can you confirm whether you have used the KK editor at all to add your own bases or not? That'd help me narrow down the issue very quickly.

When I loaded my KSP install after installing the newest All In 1 version of KerbinSide, when I click on the Kerbal Konstructs button, the window that pops up is off center and the text and the image is cut off. Would a reinstall of KerbinSide fix it? Pokpok's tab seems to be at the right position.

This is a reasonably recent bug that I've been seeing too. medsouz is having trouble reproducing it. Can you try and reproduce it and make a note of how and then pop by the KK thread with a report? That would be very helpful sir :)

Edited by AlphaAsh

...Essentially, all launchpoints show up under the All and Other tabs... but not in their specific, proper tabs. ;.; What to do, AlphaAsh?

Investigating. Can you confirm whether you have used the KK editor at all to add your own bases or not? That'd help me narrow down the issue very quickly.

Also, do you use the All in 1? Only the latest KerbinSide All in 1 has the configs changed to make use of the categories. If you do, then it's only the above I need to know.

There's only one problem: I can't reproduce it. It happens (as of now) every time the window pops up. I'm busy right now, so I can't check, but I'll be able to in about an hour. (PS: It's not a glitch that needs fixing, it's just an annoying little bug. It doesn't affect the gameplay in any way.)

Can you confirm whether you have used the KK editor at all to add your own bases or not? That'd help me narrow down the issue very quickly.

Outstanding! No KK editor use or adjustments other than adding various details like the office buildings, etc you have here, the standard All-in-one (0.38.2) and the glorious KSC++ ....but it seems to occur with or without the additions. Just installing All-in-one has same results.

Outstanding! No KK editor use or adjustments other than adding various details like the office buildings, etc you have here, the standard All-in-one (0.38.2) and the glorious KSC++ ....but it seems to occur with or without the additions. Just installing All-in-one has same results.

Last request. Can you go in to GameData/KerbinSide/Parts/Static and examine ksairstripv24.cfg in a text editor such as notepad. Scroll down until you find an Instances, then look to see if the following line is or is not at the bottom of the code in there (just before the next }): Category = Runway

Last request. Can you go in to GameData/KerbinSide/Parts/Static and examine ksairstripv24.cfg in a text editor such as notepad. Scroll down until you find an Instances, then look to see if the following line is or is not at the bottom of the code in there (just before the next }): Category = Runway

Sure, but I saw no Category = Runway; this is what I see in GameData/KerbinSide/Parts/Static/ksairstripv24.cfg:

STATIC

{

name = ksairstr24

mesh = ksairstripv24.mu

module = Part

category = none

author = AlphaAsh

static = true

scale = 0.1

rescaleFactor = 1

cost = 0

subcategory = 0

title = Airstrip

manufacturer = KashCorp

description = Planes crash on it

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 1

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 1

minimum_drag = 1

angularDrag = 1

crashTolerance = 1

maxTemp = 1

breakingForce = 1

breakingTorque = 1

DefaultLaunchPadTransform = ksairstripv24_spawn

Instances

{

RadialPosition = 262073.3,117237.1,-526232

RotationAngle = 299.5522

RadiusOffset = 38.67077

Orientation = 0,1,0

VisibilityRange = 25000

CelestialBody = Kerbin

LaunchSiteName = Kerman Lake Airstrip

LaunchPadTransform = ksairstripv24_spawn

LaunchSiteDescription = No description available.

LaunchSiteType = SPH

LaunchSiteLogo = KermanLakeRunwayLogo

}

Instances

{

RadialPosition = -285235.8,232123.3,-475844

RotationAngle = 167.9104

RadiusOffset = 562.1026

Orientation = 0,1,0

VisibilityRange = 25000

CelestialBody = Kerbin

LaunchSiteName = Lake Dermal Runway

LaunchSiteDescription = Lake Dermal's runway is designed to accommodate medium weight aircraft and is primarily used for take-off due to its relatively short width but impressive 1.9 km stretch. The facility is relatively compact, featuring large hangers, a large control tower, a refuelling station, miscellaneous service facilities, and a nearby helipad. If that isn't enough to make a kerbal want to fly here, there's also vending machines! Located on the coast of the scenic Lake Dermal, this facility is perfect for testing new designs, and flying short distance missions. Free flying lessons are available on weekends. Batteries sold desperately!

LaunchSiteType = SPH

LaunchSiteLogo = LakeDermalRunwayLogo

}

Instances

{

RadialPosition = 535772,22567.44,268426.7

RotationAngle = 75.22386

RadiusOffset = 774.231

Orientation = 0,1,0

VisibilityRange = 25000

CelestialBody = Kerbin

LaunchSiteName = Lushlands Runway

LaunchSiteDescription = Many sceptical Kerbals questioned the wisdom of shipping thousands of tonnes of concrete deep into farming country miles from anywhere, but the KSC has to be supplied with fresh oranges somehow, at least until the ballistic delivery system can be perfected. Lushlands Airfield has served this purpose very well, and being handily located just two degrees north of the equator will also double as a place for a space-plane to land in an emergency, in spite of its relatively short and narrow runway, and notorious shortage of quality snacks in the pilots' lounge.

LaunchSiteType = SPH

LaunchSiteLogo = LushlandsRunwayLogo

}

}

*scratching head* Okay, let's 100% make certain you're on the right versions. Grab KerbinSide v0.38.2 again, from Kerbal Stuff.

Then delete the medsouz and KerbinSide directories from your current KSP Gamedata.

Then install KerbinSide v0.38.2 again (and the included version of KK that's in that).

Don't add any of the other individual packs - the All in 1 has everything including those.

Then test again and come back and let me know what happens.

Edit - Bid spalling

Edited by AlphaAsh

Hokay! Deleted medsouz, KerbinSide, and LackMisc (KSC++ just in case) and installed KerbinSide v0.38.2 again (from Kerbal Stuff) without installing LackMisc (KSC++) or anything else KerbinSide this time.

Same results, new screenshot: http://imgur.com/GBwCTs3

Everything works wonderfully, they just don't show up in the handy new UI they way they should...