The Official Kerbin Cup Tournament Thread - Final Entries Posted

Rowsdower

If the teams who weren't chosen would like to compete in their own tournament, it *would* be kind of fun to pit the Kerbin Cup winner against the winner of, I don't know, the "Kerbal Championship League?"

This sounds like a grand idea! I'm working out some plans, but so far I've been talking to some other guys who didn't make the Cup, and they're liking the idea of doing a unofficial companion comp.

Kerbal Intraforum Championship Kup. Or KICK for short, fits in with the football theme.

THIS. I like this.

Can I make like 3 more different sized balls if I release it as a "mod"

And by make I just mean duplicate and resize the originals, mass, drag and all

Edited by clown_baby

*exits the VAB for a smoke*

All I can say is buwhahahahha! I don't care if we win or not, I'm having a good time! :D

After we submit our entries, are we free to post info and pics/gifs of our creations so the community knows how we arrived at our submitted shot?

Edited by ArmchairGravy

I haven't read anything saying that. Where did you get that info, Joe?

I am completely guessing based off of the "first of many challenges" bit. One of many. Not just enough to eliminate down to one winner. Don't take my word, compare it to what you think. It is guess work on my end, which is why I'm asking for confirmation from someone. It would be kinda lame if everyone who volunteered (which is a pretty solid count) didn't get more than a two days notice in a complete forum vs. reddit competition. It couldn't be that hard to post a challenge every week/pick teams/set a winners vote every week (Yes its more complicated than that and thank you sooo much Rowsdower for setting this up). I'd run it if people would still play it, though if it was an individual challenge and not forum wide, much fewer people would play. That's what I'm basing my guess work off of.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Rowsdower I've been creating a bit of accidental rumor. Is the Kerbin Cup a temporary thing in which one team will be selected of eight? Or will a new challenge be announced each week for a while with new competitors selected after the last winner?

Rowsdower I've been creating a bit of accidental rumor. Is the Kerbin Cup a temporary thing in which one team will be selected of eight? Or will a new challenge be announced each week for a while with new competitors selected after the last winner?

It'll last the course of a few weeks with a team on both sides being knocked out each week. The teams that are in place right now are the ones that will either go the distance or be knocked out through various points of the competition.

Oh you responded here ty. So this competition will be over in a few weeks and not getting more teams. I'd love to continue this challenge afterwards if possible I talked more in your message.

Haven't heard much from the Crotchety Old Modders. I hope they know they're in.

The other three teams all have flags and banners now.

5NW6gg7m.png

My sig is full, so I'm just going to leave this in any comp related posts.

Edited by Tw1

Would be interested were it not a football-related thing.

It think it was only inspired by it and the real challenges don't have much to do with football. Though I could be wrong. I think me and Kitt3h and some other people are going to run a different kerbal cup when this one is nearing completion and it wouldn't be based off of football, though I'm not sure who all/how many would compete.

So who're the Reddit teams and who's on them? Can we get a bracket up in here?

Reddit Teams:

Shock Diamond

avaslash

YUNOHAVEAVAILABLE

Space_Scumbag

N831Y

Team Clown_Baby

clown_baby244

cupcakelanders

GlantonJJ19

Mareczex333

Team Snacks

Exovian

boldbird99

Smashing_Pickles

C-O-N

Kerb-O-Nautix

CuriousMetaphor

chicknblender

Stochasty

iClarion

Reddit Teams:

Shock Diamond

avaslash

YUNOHAVEAVAILABLE

Space_Scumbag

N831Y

Team Clown_Baby

clown_baby244

cupcakelanders

GlantonJJ19

Mareczex333

Team Snacks

Exovian

boldbird99

Smashing_Pickles

C-O-N

Kerb-O-Nautix

CuriousMetaphor

chicknblender

Stochasty

iClarion

Team Clown_baby = Forum defectors!

Reddit sympathisers!

:D

Edited by Majorjim

Reddit Teams:

Shock Diamond

avaslash

YUNOHAVEAVAILABLE

Space_Scumbag

N831Y

Team Clown_Baby

clown_baby244

cupcakelanders

GlantonJJ19

Mareczex333

Team Snacks

Exovian

boldbird99

Smashing_Pickles

C-O-N

Kerb-O-Nautix

CuriousMetaphor

chicknblender

Stochasty

iClarion

so, is avalash going to do a bigg ass space cruiser cup? :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.