[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Pete is their anyway i can go back and use the .90rve? Seeing Saturn look like that makes me want to make a video with it :3 i tried to copy the files and stuff over but didnt work :P

Youll need the Git Repo KSP-RVE-0.9 and all its dependencies that should be listed in the readme :)

I wanted to report that I am having a good experience running RVE 1.0.4 for Linux on Ubuntu 14.10 x64. I think everything is working with only minor annoyances. The clouds are flickering ever so slightly around the cloud shadows. I also have a small black, aliased border along the horizon and once in a while a blue ring right near the horizon but aside from that it looks great. Thanks for the hard work. Also wanted to note it took quite a bit of time to realize I had to extract the Environment visual enhancements mod folder from the github repository and extract that into my KSP gamedata folder. My issues appear to be known already as show in the readme.

Edited by Trolllception

Hello.

I'm trying to get an RVE Lite version of the current WIP RVE, such as very low texture clouds in only 1 layer. I need this for screenshots for a Story Missions series I'm planning on doing.

Any idea on how I'd go about doing this?

The windows version should be less memory intensive, but I'm currently working on getting an updated vewrsion out for win like linux, it just needs a lot of memory reductions.

You could manually reduce the size of textures in photoshop if you have it. The biggest textures in the windows version are the main clouds, and day time city texture. You should probably use 4k or lower RSS textures as well. If you want to edit the textures in PS you'll need the nvidia DDS plug in :)

I wanted to report that I am having a good experience running RVE 1.0.4 for Linux on Ubuntu 14.10 x64. I think everything is working with only minor annoyances. The clouds are flickering ever so slightly around the cloud shadows. I also have a small black black, aliased border along the horizon and once in a while a blue ring right near the horizon but aside from that it looks great. Thanks for the hard work. Also wanted to note it took quite a bit of time to realize I had to extract the Environment visual enhancements mod folder from the github repository and extract that into my KSP gamedata folder. My issues appear to be known already as show in the readme.

It's actually really great to here that you've had some success; sometimes it can be hard to tell by the comments of bug reports :P Yeah that black line and disscolouration in the atmosphere is a Scatterer-Opengl thing I'm afraid, blackrack knows about it and said he may have a fix a while back. Also thanks for checking the bugs in the readme first :P:D

Just a quick note that Scatterer now supports planets not named Kerbin. :)

So hopefully the RVE re-renaming of Earth can be nixed now?

Thanks, yeah it will do :) Just checked out the new update, will do some testing of the new features then push an update

Edit: It would seem that with scatterer running on RSS with the naming fix supplied, it doesnt work and frame rate drops to like 1fp6seconds. I found a work around though, simply by keeping the name later dashed and scatterer with its default config :/

Edited by pingopete

Well it was kinda weird how it did .. something.., I mean it wasn't like it totally didnt work it was as if it was but was heavily broken in someway :P

Oh also, and don't mean to dwell on the bugs (The update looks incredible) the horizon break is still present. Not sure if this was meant to be fixed though

Well it was kinda weird how it did .. something.., I mean it wasn't like it totally didnt work it was as if it was but was heavily broken in someway :P

Oh also, and don't mean to dwell on the bugs (The update looks incredible) the horizon break is still present. Not sure if this was meant to be fixed though

It's actually a very minor update but thanks anyway, I have an idea for fixing the horizon break (OpenGL-only problem) but it might make the effect flatter or it might be unnoticeable. We'll see how it goes.

This happened to me when the planet couldn't be found. Is there something RVE does differently from RSS regarding the celestialBody/transform names?

No, this was testing without RVE just scatterer and RSS 10.2

Edit: Just tested with RVE, it would seem that with RVE running I don't get any land masses? It's just all oceans and clouds when in ScaledSpace; still tryna figure out what does it will get back too ya..

Edit 2: Just got it working with RVE and land masses, had to use the original method I described a few posts before about name later. My God man it looks unbelievable, will get some pics up soon :)

What can I say Blackrack.. I'll just leave this:

nwqVW5e.png

Edited by pingopete

Edit: Just tested with RVE, it would seem that with RVE running I don't get any land masses? It's just all oceans and clouds when in ScaledSpace; still tryna figure out what does it will get back too ya..

Edit 2: Just got it working with RVE and land masses, had to use the original method I described a few posts before about name later. My God man it looks unbelievable, will get some pics up soon :)

http://i.imgur.com/nwqVW5e.png

Well, I tested with the latest version of RSS on sunday and it was working fine so it's weird, anything getting spammed in the log?

Also, if you set extinction multiplier to zero you'll pretty much just have a blue atmosphere (oceans?) and no landmasses, I imagine this setting can be set to 70% or 40% to simulate a thick atmosphere on other planets (eve mabe? we'll see later on)

http://i.imgur.com/nwqVW5e.png

shut up pete!!!!!! this can't be real!!!! i cannot wait for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is going to be to good to be true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.