[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

No, if it is not a synchronous orbit, they have the chance of orbiting around so that two of them are behind the planet while the other is in sun fade. I don't put all of my networks in synchronous orbit, especially early career. Like I said, I don't think this adds benefit to the system and in fact would just be an irritation. But if it could be disabled I wouldn't care.

ok that was your 3 satellite defense, and I agree it's legit. I admit I don't have too much experience with 3 so that accounts for my ignorance.

I in fact don't put any satellite to synchronous orbit even towards end of my career, but my network always involves 4 - my decision was to give a larger omni range, higher network orbit and certain redundancy.

Well for me if this option is available I would turn it on - while still waiting for inactive vessel battery fix and eclipse energy flow fix from somewhere.

Does anyone have some sort of a chart /map with the dish ranges on? So you can see how far each one can reach from a certain point etc etc. Thanks.

In the Player's Guide, there's the List of Parts, and if you're using the Root range model with the suggested RangeMultiplier of 0.5, then there's the chart at the bottom of the RemoteTech Options.

Does anyone have some sort of a chart /map with the dish ranges on? So you can see how far each one can reach from a certain point etc etc. Thanks.

I like this one since it lists the dishes/antenna under the farthest planet they can reach from Kerbin

RemoteTech is great, first and foremost. However, one feature I feel is missing currently, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is the ability to know how much time you have remaining before your current craft is out of contact with KSC, i.e. before it moves out of line of sight, too far away, etc... So often in the early game I execute perfect gravity turns, then halfway through my orbital burn I find I've moved out of KSC line of sight. OK, that doesn't happen that often, but it would still be useful to know how long you have to do science or position solar panels correctly for examples.

Why can I still control all probes with no connection? I'm running 1.0.4 with the latest RemoteTech via CKAN. Any probe I launch shows "local connection" and I can control it even with no antennas attached. When I DO have antennas, everything still works as it should. I can make and see connections etc...

I tried to remove and re-add RT but still nothing... :confused:

Why can I still control all probes with no connection? I'm running 1.0.4 with the latest RemoteTech via CKAN. Any probe I launch shows "local connection" and I can control it even with no antennas attached. When I DO have antennas, everything still works as it should. I can make and see connections etc...

I tried to remove and re-add RT but still nothing... :confused:

you are probably using probe cores which are not supported by remote tech

or maybe you have a stowaway :D

you are probably using probe cores which are not supported by remote tech

or maybe you have a stowaway :D

Haha, no... I tried using all stock cores and the remote ones. Doesn't matter what cores I use, I can control them without antennas, which AFAIK, I shouldn't be able to...

I vaguely remember (when scrolling down CKAN) there is a mod on top of RT that enables probe control without connection, so that only science transmission will be restricted. Did you have that mod installed?

I vaguely remember (when scrolling down CKAN) there is a mod on top of RT that enables probe control without connection, so that only science transmission will be restricted. Did you have that mod installed?

Ah! You the man! I had another one called probe control enabler installed! THANK YOU! Rep for you :)

RemoteTech is great, first and foremost. However, one feature I feel is missing currently, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is the ability to know how much time you have remaining before your current craft is out of contact with KSC, i.e. before it moves out of line of sight, too far away, etc... So often in the early game I execute perfect gravity turns, then halfway through my orbital burn I find I've moved out of KSC line of sight. OK, that doesn't happen that often, but it would still be useful to know how long you have to do science or position solar panels correctly for examples.

To do that you'd have to run the on-rails simulation into the future, so reimplementing a medium-sized chunk of KSP...

To do that you'd have to run the on-rails simulation into the future, so reimplementing a medium-sized chunk of KSP...

agreed, it probably won't work well as an in-game feature due to the extra work that will be needed to anticipate the loss of connection. I know the remote tech devs already are against it when I suggested a more realistic signal pathing where you could send a time-delayed signal towards a craft that is not connected, but will be connected by the time the signal gets there.

Fortunately though you have KSPTOT and its new communication analysis tool that can provide you with this very information for any point along your mission

Hello, i apologise if this has been asked before. But i have trouble keeping my satelites in sync. The problem is that the orbital period wobbles, or flickers. I can never get them to match 100%, so after timewarpning the satelites are significantly out of position. How do you guys combat this problem? Is it just something i will have to live with? Thanks in advance.

Hello, i apologise if this has been asked before. But i have trouble keeping my satelites in sync. The problem is that the orbital period wobbles, or flickers. I can never get them to match 100%, so after timewarpning the satelites are significantly out of position. How do you guys combat this problem? Is it just something i will have to live with? Thanks in advance.

I've never had this problem myself but it's probably the most asked question on this thread.

This is what I do:

1- build comsats with rcs thrusters and rcs fuel

2- put them in orbit, you can do it with one or more launches. It doesn't really matter

3- you need a mod that displays orbital period (i suggest kerbal engineer)

4- use the rcs to tweak your orbit untill you get them all with the same period

You should easily get all your orbits within 0.1 seconds of orbital period.

If you are aiming for a 6hr orbital period with 0.1 seconds error you will find that your craft will move of 1 degree every 600 kerbin days

For the possibility of doing it from within RT itself you'd be best to ask in the mod's thread.

Otherwise ... through the debug menu in the space-centre scene do a reload and skip RT

In the config you can turn off signal delay. If you don't have a connection at all you can set a large range multiplier and ground station range so that KSC can connect to anywhere in the system in line of sight.
What I mean is, turn it off without deleting. Like, I have it installed, but it's off, and I can fly without connection.

You should be able to just delete the mod's files except the antennae; that will take away all the connection requirements but leave the parts so your satellites don't get deleted. Then to 're-enable' it, just reinstall the mod. It's a little less user-friendly than a toggle, but it should work as you ask.

As I recently found out, there's a package available through CKAN that enables control for all probes. Its called Remotetech Probe Control Enabler. If you don't use CKAN yet, I highly recommend it. It makes adding and removing mods so easy! Then you can remove or add that mod to enable or disable probe control easily.

As I recently found out, there's a package available through CKAN that enables control for all probes. Its called Remotetech Probe Control Enabler. If you don't use CKAN yet, I highly recommend it. It makes adding and removing mods so easy! Then you can remove or add that mod to enable or disable probe control easily.
i found the mod! Thanks!