Kerbal Stuff, an open-source Space Port replacement

SirCmpwn

1 minute ago, mark7 said:

Well……You know what, 200$ is not a big deal, but 200$ monthly……Better not totally rely on donations. And, yeah, me too dont want big aids or too much aids.

It's so symbolic to replace the word "ADs" with a virus name ;)

11 minutes ago, jeffQC1 said:

Oh yeah, you're right. KSP community haven't stop growing and improving since many years. However, is there any threads or topics we can follow to contribute to the reactivation of Project KerbalStuff 1.1?

Most of that discussion seems to be happening in the #ckan IRC channel.

3 hours ago, stibbons said:

Apparently that answer is now "start building a replacement". Alright then.

I've gotten as far as building out the required infrastructure in a new AWS VPC (the terraform code I've written to do that is still in a private repo, mostly because I haven't thought of a good name for it). My app server is doing the basic provisioning, but I'd barely had a chance to even get a dev environment set up when the bomb dropped, so it'll take me a while to get to the point where I can properly get the app running with puppet.

Leaving it there because it's 3am here. Will keep tinkering with what I've got built, although at this point it looks like it's largely academic. Ah well.

13 minutes ago, stibbons said:

I've gotten as far as building out the required infrastructure in a new AWS VPC (the terraform code I've written to do that is still in a private repo, mostly because I haven't thought of a good name for it). My app server is doing the basic provisioning, but I'd barely had a chance to even get a dev environment set up when the bomb dropped, so it'll take me a while to get to the point where I can properly get the app running with puppet.

Leaving it there because it's 3am here. Will keep tinkering with what I've got built, although at this point it looks like it's largely academic. Ah well.

You may want to join the #ckan  IRC channel. A replacement seems to be in the works.

Thanks for your great work and letting other people take over @SirCmpwn, i hope the new guys will acknowledge your priceless contribution.

I'm ready to see some simple ads on the site, Google's tend to not have too many surprises on the user side (even less now that they're pushing for the ned of Flash), it might not cover everything money-wise, but it'd help...

47 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

He could have even put up a warning ahead of time

He's expressed his thoughts about the future of KS here more than two months ago. Had the community listened, the likes of yours wouldn't have been throwing selfish accusations around.

2 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

He's expressed his thoughts about the future of KS here more than two months ago. Had the community listened, the likes of yours wouldn't have been throwing selfish accusations around.

Oh the one where he cried about not getting the love? and in the same post said he guessed he would upgrade the hosting when he had time?

Doesn't change the fact that he made a D1ck move at the end.

2 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Folks, if you don't stop sniping at each other we'll have to close the thread.

Might as well.  Let the new site people start a fresh thread.

1 minute ago, goldenpsp said:

Oh the one where he cried about not getting the love? and in the same post said he guessed he would upgrade the hosting when he had time?

Hey, stop arguing!

No point to do so, lets just focus on the new KS, okay?

3 minutes ago, mark7 said:

Hey, stop arguing!

No point to do so, lets just focus on the new KS, okay?

I had said my peace and moved on for a couple pages, until Ixenso brought it back up.

Edited by goldenpsp

17 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Might as well.  Let the new site people start a fresh thread.

He had no obligation to continue running the site. It was costing him $180/month, which is alot. Did you ever donate? Just remember he was paying for you to DL most of your mods on a user friendly site, exactly how much did you contribute. If anyone pulled a D1ck move it was both us who used the site and Squads.

@SirCmpwn thanks for all that you did, it's sad that things had to happen this way.

I hope everything changes to the better, and if the community manages to properly revive KerbalStuff and get steady donations over time (patreon?), I hope you will get a good part of it for all your past efforts!

18 minutes ago, mark7 said:

1 AM here, I gotta go to bed. Its been a long day, but we will survive this. And thats why I love KSP caz we have a problem, we work together to solve it.

Goodnight forks.

(You meant, folks, right...

====================

And, thank you @SirCmpwn, for all the services you've committed to the modding community and all the players.

Edited by Wavechaser

Thank you, @SirCmpwn. You have done great things for the modding community.

KerbalStuff will not be forgotten; it was easily thousands of times better than CurseForge.

In conclusion,

Thank You.

You're awesome.

[EDIT]: I am glad to see that spacedock.info is a thing. KerbalStuff shall LIVE ON!

Edited by njmksr

58 minutes ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

He had no obligation to continue running the site. It was costing him $180/month, which is alot. Did you ever donate? Just remember he was paying for you to DL most of your mods on a user friendly site, exactly how much did you contribute. If anyone pulled a D1ck move it was both us who used the site and Squads.

He (SirCmpwn) never offered any way, shape, or form to donate; or much less help in any other way possible... so that is completely invalid.

1 hour ago, Commander Jebidiah said:

I'd say it was built to be used, so can't really complain there... however Squads behaviour is absolutely indefensible. The community vastly preferred a proper platform for and in a way by them (Mostly to spite Curse I know, but i agree, [expletive] them).

But anyway, thanks so much for making some alternative to the awful Curse, SirCmpwn.

Edited by Aerolfos