[0.24.2] Kerbal Universe 2 [V 2.5]

Poryy

What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like The Next Addition To Be?

• Additions to existing systems (specify in reply)
    • New star with planets (specify in reply)
    • New gas giant orbiting Kerbol (Specify in reply)
    • More moons for current Kerbol planets (Specify in reply)
    • Science Messages and aesthetic changes

Now I've loaded just the Abaddon system, and I have the Phobius looking like Minimus. I know it's a memory bug, but is there any way to reduce your texture size? The stock game settings (texture resolution) seem to have no effect on the PF objects. Could you make an optional reduced size textures in the next update?

P.S. Bespin is a nice name for the gas giant with an oxygen atmosphere...

Not without the planets looking pixellated.

That's copyrighted.

- - - Updated - - -

What? It happens with a craft landed on Kerbin for me..

In my testing it only happens when cloudmod is installed and I'm in Abaddon or Manai SOI.

I was doing a rover mission to Verviedi today, and I have some questions.

http://i59.tinypic.com/3088939.jpg

Is Verviedi really suppose to look like this? You have it a little bit different on your screenshots (I have no cloud mod, but still...)

When I arrived at Verviedi I found it really flat. That was strange, because I saw the height map (there are mountains and craters there).

http://i60.tinypic.com/17pyet.png

I found the reason. You have the Verviedi "heightMapDeformity" parameter set for only 400 (The numbers of all the other planets are greater). Was it in your plans to make it so flat? Maybe you could increase this number...

http://i62.tinypic.com/2whdw84.jpg

P.S. Still having "big DEFAULT in reverse" issue for Ceti and Fierbinte...

Not without the planets looking pixellated.

That's copyrighted.

- - - Updated - - -

In my testing it only happens when cloudmod is installed and I'm in Abaddon or Manai SOI.

Urgh. I wish this didn't happen. Oh well.

I was doing a rover mission to Verviedi today, and I have some questions.

http://i59.tinypic.com/3088939.jpg

Is Verviedi really suppose to look like this? You have it a little bit different on your screenshots (I have no cloud mod, but still...)

When I arrived at Verviedi I found it really flat. That was strange, because I saw the height map (there are mountains and craters there).

http://i60.tinypic.com/17pyet.png

I found the reason. You have the Verviedi "heightMapDeformity" parameter set for only 400 (The numbers of all the other planets are greater). Was it in your plans to make it so flat? Maybe you could increase this number...

http://i62.tinypic.com/2whdw84.jpg

P.S. Still having "big DEFAULT in reverse" issue for Ceti and Fierbinte...

I'll shove a bunch of fixes into V2.4

Well, no it is not supposed to be that flat, but it is supposed to be flat. Have fun with it while it lasts.

The look is intentional.

Also, kudos on getting a rover that far away!

Edited by Poryy

I love what you've done with the mod. I use Planet Factory extensively. If you're still wanting to add more planets to your mod, I had an idea that I've always wanted to implement, but I don't have the tools nor knowledge to make them in Planet Factory.

How about binary twin planets? In other words, 2 planets, on the exact same orbital plane and alignment, but they are positioned at opposite ends of the sun, thus they would never have line of sight with each other. In fact, to make it easier, you could just create 1 new planet and put it into a binary orbit with Kerbin :D

Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing what else you have planned.

I love what you've done with the mod. I use Planet Factory extensively. If you're still wanting to add more planets to your mod, I had an idea that I've always wanted to implement, but I don't have the tools nor knowledge to make them in Planet Factory.

How about binary twin planets? In other words, 2 planets, on the exact same orbital plane and alignment, but they are positioned at opposite ends of the sun, thus they would never have line of sight with each other. In fact, to make it easier, you could just create 1 new planet and put it into a binary orbit with Kerbin :D

Keep up the great work, I look forward to seeing what else you have planned.

Hmmm... New Gas Giant sharing Jool's orbit...

As I see, the new Folion planet is based on Laythe. Here you say It's a gas giant. So why is it only 500km size? I want to send an automated probe there... Does it have any surface? And if it does not, how did you do this basing on Laythe?

If you want to add moons, please add a small moon (~100 km) with thin atmospere based on Duna (Is it possible?).

P.S. Guys, I fly my rovers and ships to Abaddon system using the new 5m parts from KW Rocketry. Actually, I use it only for getting my (very) heavy nuclear drive sections, that are mostly stock. And it is not cheating!

As I see, the new Folion planet is based on Laythe. Here you say It's a gas giant. So why is it only 500km size? I want to send an automated probe there... Does it have any surface? And if it does not, how did you do this basing on Laythe?

If you want to add moons, please add a small moon (~100 km) with thin atmospere based on Duna (Is it possible?).

P.S. Guys, I fly my rovers and ships to Abaddon system using the new 5m parts from KW Rocketry. Actually, I use it only for getting my (very) heavy nuclear drive sections, that are mostly stock. And it is not cheating!

Duna as a template is so horrifically broken that the atmosphere looks like a pixellated halo array.

I scaled it down a bit to reduce texture size. I don't think laythe planets can be larger than 500 km. Personally, since I'm moving it to the Kerbol system to be a Uranus analogue, I think the size is fine.

It has a surface, like Jool.

I've only been to Verion before. I landed a small base on Troon.

Edited by Poryy

It's said in description, that There was a massive war at Verviedi, why don't you make some stuff, that is left after war? i recommend you to put a 10-km metallic space station (more like Death Star) in low Verviedi orbit. Use Gilly as a source, but make it flat, as if it would be built by an intelligent species. Make the gravity low, because otherwise it makes no sense to build a station, that would collapse under its gravity (there's empty space inside).

P.S. I remember you putting easter egg on Verion. Can you put a destroyed starship on Verviedi (That's all not necessary if you don't know how, but it would be a reason to visit Verviedi).

Edited by vovacat17

It's said in description, that There was a massive war at Verviedi, why don't you make some stuff, that is left after war? i recommend you tro put a 10-km meallic space sation (more like Death Star) in low Verviedi orbit. Use Gilly as a source, but make it flat, as if it would be built by intelligent species. Make the gravity low, because otherwise it makes no sense to build a station, that would collapse under its gravity (there's empty space inside).

P.S. I remember you putting easter egg on Verion. Can you put a destroyed starship on Verviedi (That's all not necessary if you don't know how, but it would be a reason to visit Verviedi).

The problem with this is it would appear in map view, which would make it boringly easy to find. I'll probably place a thing on Verviedi later.

I can perfectly create a destroyed station, though. I just need to purposely break something.

V2.5 will be released soon

I have added 2 new gas giants (Folion (Uranus Analogue) and something just called Turquoisegiant (Neptune analogue) now, suggest names please)

I have added new moons to these gas giants (Folion gets two rocky moons and Turquoisegiant gets a Triton analogue)

I have added a new Pluto analogue. (Iceworld for now, suggest names) Eeloo is now just a dwarf planet, like Dres.

Verviedi's strangely flat terrain has been fixed. If you have landed craft there, I recommend you check their positions after the update.

Will the Folion remain in Abaddon system? Will the new gas giant be orbiting Kerbol? Same question with Iceworld. Wil they be in separate tab in the loadscreen? (I play with only Abaddon system on). Finally, why are you doing theese new planets, if you could make the ones you already have better (Bugfixes, easter eggs, different changes).

P.S. Are you inerested in my screenshots in this thread (Or maybe somewhere else)?

Will the Folion remain in Abaddon system? Will the new gas giant be orbiting Kerbol? Same question with Iceworld. Wil they be in separate tab in the loadscreen? (I play with only Abaddon system on). Finally, why are you doing theese new planets, if you could make the ones you already have better (Bugfixes, easter eggs, different changes).

P.S. Are you inerested in my screenshots in this thread (Or maybe somewhere else)?

1. No, it is being moved to Kerbol. It's inclusion in the mod currently is only due to a mistake I made with my dev copy.

2. All the planets added to Kerbol will be part of the Verion/KerbolExpansion pack.

3. Most of the bugs are fixed in V2.5 (just set texture quality to half res if you have low RAM), easter eggs are nigh impossible to do with PF:CE, and most planets are where I want them to be.

All new planets are designed around making the early game more interesting, and the late game (when players can reach the new stars) more fulfilling.

Yes, I want screenshots. Post them here, please. :)

2ist92v.jpg

Please, make Ceti a little bit more... Blue, like this! If you like it, here's my "Ceti_map" file : https://yadi.sk/i/xUJ1PlG-ZvkfW

P.S. You can create different oxygen-planet maps with this world generator: http://donjon.bin.sh/world

I think it would be nice to create laythe-based planets, that are not completely oceans...:D

http://i62.tinypic.com/2ist92v.jpg

Please, make Ceti a little bit more... Blue, like this! If you like it, here's my "Ceti_map" file : https://yadi.sk/i/xUJ1PlG-ZvkfW

P.S. You can create different oxygen-planet maps with this world generator: http://donjon.bin.sh/world

I think it would be nice to create laythe-based planets, that are not completely oceans...:D

There's a minor glitch that causes terrain to load only after entering the atmosphere. Most of the islands are so small yhey don't show up from space.

Sure, of course! I'll take a look at it.