[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

2 hours ago, BahamutoD said:

They have a timer that counts down when they're turning and not making progress on the target, after which they should extend, but I also noticed that it doesn't happen sometimes.  I'll look for ways to improve this.

Just a thought, but might it be connected to how they consider if progress is being made? When using different designs they won't be able to chase in truly circular patterns, but more elliptical; so half the time they will appear to be closing the gap between them (before it extends).

Hey Baha,

How does guard mode know how to open the bays? I'm trying to use Scoundrels Red vs Blue mod that comes with the mk2 weapons bays but the guard won't open them. It will close them if you force them open though, oddly enough. I swear it worked when the first version of BDA came with the ability for the guard to do that but with the last 2 versions it hasn't worked. 

*Edit* I actually went back and tried it again, now it's not working at all with any version. I'm just going to try a fresh install and see if it's just my game that's screwed up. When it was working, it was kind of sporadic.

Edited by seamus0riley

@BahamutoD is there a way that I can use the AI Pilot Module for ships/submersibles? Right now I've resorted to using two engines and slightly reducing max thrust on one to make them steer in circles. It would be amazing if we could have our AI modules dive rather than take off then do maneuvers under water. I have a number of submersibles launching missiles underwater, it's pretty sweet, but right now depth is something that must be manually controlled without AI.

16 minutes ago, dcompart said:

@BahamutoD is there a way that I can use the AI Pilot Module for ships/submersibles? Right now I've resorted to using two engines and slightly reducing max thrust on one to make them steer in circles. It would be amazing if we could have our AI modules dive rather than take off then do maneuvers under water. I have a number of submersibles launching missiles underwater, it's pretty sweet, but right now depth is something that must be manually controlled without AI.

Yeah auto depth control for ships and missiles/torpedoes should be definitely sweet

Sadly I have to report an issue.

I have a simulated attack with 3 goalkeepers around KSC. All are mounted on the roof's of the buildings. My plane locks on to two targets with the FLIR targeting pod (small one) and it works great. Third one the plane will not lock on to, the Goalkeeper will lock on to the plane no problem.

Guard mode is on for both the third Goalkeeper and plane.
Plane's weapon is the AGM-114.
The plane does not have RADAR. The problem persists with RADAR as well.

Here's the KSP log right after the 2nd Goalkeeper is knocked out:

[EXC 22:44:57.055] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()
    BahaTurret.TargetSignatureData..ctor (.Vessel v, Single _signalStrength)
    BahaTurret.VesselRadarData.TryLockTarget (.Vessel v)
    BahaTurret.ModuleRadar+<RetryLockRoutine>d__2.MoveNext ()
[LOG 22:44:59.333] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:45:16.699] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:17.065] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:19.424] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:19.913] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:21.597] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:22.459] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:22.760] Trying to radar lock target
[LOG 22:45:22.785] - Acquired lock on target.
[LOG 22:45:23.105] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:25.822] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:29.459] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:45:44.053] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:45:59.734] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:46:25.683] [Orbit Targeter]: Target is null
[LOG 22:46:27.186] Trying to radar lock target
[LOG 22:46:27.244] - Acquired lock on target.
[LOG 22:46:29.882] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:47:00.241] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:47:22.764] 2 Debris Unloaded
[LOG 22:47:22.765] Packing 2 Debris for orbit
[LOG 22:47:25.071] 2 Debris Unloaded
[LOG 22:47:25.072] Packing 2 Debris for orbit
[LOG 22:47:26.231] 2 Unloaded
[LOG 22:47:26.233] Saved ripple data: 
[LOG 22:47:26.234] Packing 2 for orbit
[LOG 22:47:30.215] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:48:00.470] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:48:30.702] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:49:01.445] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:49:31.768] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:50:01.990] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[LOG 22:50:32.246] Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.
[EXC 22:50:36.398] NullReferenceException
    SpriteMesh.CreateMesh ()
    SpriteMesh.get_mesh ()
    SpriteRoot.Delete ()
    SpriteBase.Delete ()
    UIListItemContainer.Delete ()
    UIScrollList.RemoveItem (Int32 index, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing)
    UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy, Boolean doEasing)
    UIScrollList.RemoveItem (IUIListObject item, Boolean destroy)
    ApplicationLauncher.RemoveApplication (.ApplicationLauncherButton button)
    ResourceDisplay.OnDestroy ()
[EXC 22:50:36.423] NullReferenceException
    PQSMod_LandClassScatterQuad.Destroy ()
    PQSLandControl+LandClassScatter.DestroyQuad (.PQSMod_LandClassScatterQuad q)
    PQSMod_LandClassScatterQuad.OnQuadDestroy (.PQ quad)
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQ.Destroy ()
    PQS.ResetSphere ()
    PQS.OnDestroy ()
[EXC 22:50:36.463] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel ()
    Vessel.get_isActiveVessel ()
    BahaTurret.MissileFire.UpdateList ()
    BahaTurret.MissileFire.OnPartJointBreak (.PartJoint j)
    EventData`1[PartJoint].Fire (.PartJoint data)
    PartJoint.DestroyJoint ()
    CompoundParts.CModuleStrut.OnTargetLost ()
    CompoundPart.UnsetLink ()
    CompoundPart.DumpTarget ()
    CompoundPart.onPartDestroy ()
    Part.OnDestroy ()
[EXC 22:50:36.472] NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()
    MapView.OnDestroy ()

Using Mac OS-X El Capitan, latest KSP 1.05

Edited by GDJ

18 hours ago, sashan said:

Baha, how to add lightning effects to my missile exhaust and gun muzzle?

For missile exhaust, just add a Light component to the same object that has the exhaust particle emitter.  For guns, it's done automatically through code.

14 hours ago, seamus0riley said:

Hey Baha,

How does guard mode know how to open the bays? I'm trying to use Scoundrels Red vs Blue mod that comes with the mk2 weapons bays but the guard won't open them. It will close them if you force them open though, oddly enough. I swear it worked when the first version of BDA came with the ability for the guard to do that but with the last 2 versions it hasn't worked. 

*Edit* I actually went back and tried it again, now it's not working at all with any version. I'm just going to try a fresh install and see if it's just my game that's screwed up. When it was working, it was kind of sporadic.

Normally (without FAR), they know that a missile is in a cargo bay if it is 'shielded from airstream'.  If @Scoundrel's weapon bays don't properly shield parts that are inside them, or you're using FAR, you need to check the "in cargo bay" option on the missiles' right click menu so the weapon manager knows that a bay needs to be opened in order to fire it.

3 hours ago, GDJ said:

Sadly I have to report an issue.

I have a simulated attack with 3 goalkeepers around KSC. All are mounted on the roof's of the buildings. My plane locks on to two targets with the FLIR targeting pod (small one) and it works great. Third one the plane will not lock on to, the Goalkeeper will lock on to the plane no problem.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the issue.  I'll look into it.  Good find!

edit: Fixed!  

Edited by BahamutoD

1 hour ago, BahamutoD said:

Normally (without FAR), they know that a missile is in a cargo bay if it is 'shielded from airstream'.  If @Scoundrel's weapon bays don't properly shield parts that are inside them, or you're using FAR, you need to check the "in cargo bay" option on the missiles' right click menu so the weapon manager knows that a bay needs to be opened in order to fire it.

I thought I had tried that, but probably not. I'll give that a whirl. Thanks!

Thanks, I was able to reproduce the issue.  I'll look into it.  Good find!

edit: Fixed!  

Awesome, and glad I found something that was reproducible. Now I don't feel nuts. :P:D

On 2016-02-21 at 2:52 PM, Alphasus said:

How do I toggle it? I selected the weapon in the manager already.

Bind "Arm/Disarm" in the weapon manager to one of your action groups, or click the large button that does the same thing in the BDArmory menu (top left button), while the missile you want is selected as the current weapon. I think that's what you're missing..?

Edited by graphite747

On 2/21/2016 at 3:52 PM, Alphasus said:

How do I toggle it? I selected the weapon in the manager already.

If you select a missile from the weapon manager that's attached to a turret, the turret should automatically be enabled.  If not, then something's wrong.

I have problems getting the radar to notice anything at all from air to ground. I have a few targets around the runway and one further away on the hills behind KSC (equipped with weapon managers and set to a different team), I take off, get some distance and go for the first pass, radar recognizes all targets just fine and I can fire. However once I've flown over the targets and turn around to make a second pass the radar goes blind and finds nothing but the one that's up on the hills. However I did do a test in this situation and launched a Jdam and suddenly the radar screen lights up and finds targets.

I have a few mods installed, none of which should affect BDArmory but love if I know tbh:

• Adjustable Landing Gear
  • Chatterer
  • Distant Objects
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • Editor Extensions
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements
  • KER
  • Infernal Robotics (+Kanadarm)
  • Scansat
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock

If you select a missile from the weapon manager that's attached to a turret, the turret should automatically be enabled.  If not, then something's wrong.

If I reload the turret using KIS then it won't activate and the missile can only be fired manually using its menu. It won't get targeted after that, and flies unguided.

I hadn't tried saving and reloading the game after that, it might help tho.

2 hours ago, Staples said:

Need help... when i start the game, every BDarmory part is white and the parts do not work.. and yes! i have not put the gamedata folder into the KSP gamedata folder.. any suggestions  ? 

Welcome to the forums!

Sometimes mods will do this. (1) make sure you have Module Manager installed. (2) if you already have MM installed and have run the game you will have 4 new files created by MM in the GameData Folder. - Delete the four files (Do not delete the ModuleManager.2.6.18.dll)

Usually just a game restart will clear it up but I also like clearing the MM files as well.

Edited by V8jester

Update v0.10.3.3
= New =
- Salvo/Barrage toggle for guns
- New missile exhaust effects
- Missile exhaust prefabs (for modders)

= Changes =
- Improved AI pilot aiming
- Improved AI pilot roll behavior
- Improved AI pilot 'regain energy' behavior

= Fixes =
- Fixed auto cycling active radar lock when launching missile
- Fixed gun audio when fire is stopped via weapon safety check
- Fixed gun reticle when stopped via safety check
- Fixed gap in gapless particle emitter
- Fixed incorrect acceleration calculation in pilot speed controller

Notes:
Missile Exhaust 'Prefabs' - If you want to use a missile exhaust prefab for your missile, remove any existing exhaust particle emitters, and create an empty object called "exhaustTransform" with it's local Y axis pointing in the direction of the exhaust (opposite direction of missile).  See image.

If you want to use different exhaust prefabs for boost and cruise phase, make a separate gameObject, and name it something like "boostTransform" (it doesn't matter, as long as its referenced in the part config).  See image.

If you don't set up a separate boost transform, the exhaust prefab will be used for both boost and cruise phases.

Then setup the config (in the MissileLauncher part module):

exhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/smallExhaust          //only line needed if using only one prefab for both thrust phases

//only needed for separate boost effects
boostExhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/mediumExhaust				
boostTransformName = boostTransform
boostExhaustTransformName = boostTransform

Take a look at the part config of AIM-120 for an example of the dual stage exhaust, and the Hellfire for a single exhaust prefab.

c18a51415c.jpg 

d8440861b9.jpg

Edited by BahamutoD