[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

5 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

Would it be possible to implement a mortar type weapon, a gun that fires a high arc, low velocity shell. I ask because all current land based weapons fire a high velocity, low arc projectile that makes it very hard to hit targets over even small hills.

Such a weapon could also make for some very interesting land base assaults, don't get hit by the mortar shells on the way to attack the base and such.

The P.E.W. mod contains the Mk.19 grenade launcher that fires in a high arc, so it is possible.

1 hour ago, MarvinCZ said:

The P.E.W. mod contains the Mk.19 grenade launcher that fires in a high arc, so it is possible.

Yeah just tried it out now, the shell has the right velocity but the maximum firing arc is 45 degrees. One definition of a mortar is a gun that can only fire in a higher than 45 degree arc, the Mk. 19 works to an extent but it's no mortar (especially with that ROF.)

I did attempt to 'adapt' the Mk. 19 into a mortar by angling it 45 degrees on a craft, setting it's minimum pitch to 0 and yaw range to 90 however the aiming system does not seem to work with 'mortar style' aiming. It seems to want to lower the barrel to reduce range even though it would have to do the opposite. You can manually aim it at the sky in a higher than 45 degree arc but that has obvious problems, trying to target the ground doesn't work.

47 minutes ago, damowang2 said:

One small problem but not fixed for three versions: when switching to map view and then back, gun pointer will disappear. Haven't tested it with missile. Better check it out

Can confirm, all the aircraft I've been making recently have iron sights for emergencies:D.

ypXffhA.jpg

As far as I can find through experimentation is that the only way to get the aimer back is to go back to the KSC and reload the craft from the tracking station. Switching crafts, changing and applying settings and switching weapons all have no effect. This happens with all weapon aimers, missiles and radar boresight included.

On February 26, 2016 at 10:08 AM, damowang2 said:

select any gun in weapon manager, salvo and barrage option should appear below the trigger and weapon name (where ripple setting located). Salvo is all guns fire at the same time, while barrage is to divide the interval of fire by the amount of weapon, and trigger them one at a time.

I dont see it i have a turret with a AA gun and a goalkeeper what have i done wrong

EDIT: Oh it has to be the same type of weapon i figured it out

Edited by dark jam

1 hour ago, Jackvony said:

Whenever I release my wingman and trun off his AI pilot, he continues to orbit and I can't regain control. Please help tired of having to shoot down unbehaving aircraft.

I had that problem too i have to really tried to do that again but i know that happened 

9 hours ago, hallaballa321 said:

@BahamutoD is there a way to get the ai to open a cargo bay and fire a missile?

In editor, right click the weapon you intended to put in cargo bay, there is an option saying "in cargo bay", click to turn false to true, and the AI is supposed to be able to use it. Did not test with it.

It seems that turret functionality does not respond well to Hyperedit (which I use to move ships from runway to sea), ie they stop working entirely.

Also, missiles in VLS cells that have been clipped into a structure dont disregard said structure and there is much explosions and catastrophePYiXxd4.jpg

dVf9lil.jpg

v8FfaSJ.jpg

After Hyperedit, turrets fixed upon a singe point, and the firing of missiles led to explosions, multiple of. The quad-packed missiles in the forrad VLS block dont register on the manager at all for some reason

Edited by Cdodders

3 hours ago, Cdodders said:

It seems that turret functionality does not respond well to Hyperedit (which I use to move ships from runway to sea), ie they stop working entirely.

Also, missiles in VLS cells that have been clipped into a structure dont disregard said structure and there is much explosions and catastrophe

After Hyperedit, turrets fixed upon a singe point, and the firing of missiles led to explosions, multiple of. The quad-packed missiles in the forrad VLS block dont register on the manager at all for some reason

Where are the hull parts from, or are they PWings?

Edited by marc defranco