[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I've been playing around with the new version (and had a lot of fun), so here is some quick feedback/bugreports.

The jammer pods can only be active one at a time, when trying to activate a second one either from the modules menu or manually by rightclicking the pod, the old one will be disabled.

Having multiple pods add on to a total "layer" of jamming would be nice.

When having the RWR window open and getting swept by the Large Detection Radar, the other BD Armory windows such as the radar screen, targeting pod camera and even the main BD Armory menu are flickering and being pretty much unclickable.

Im not having this problem with any other radars and don't know if this is on my end or an issue with the radar itself.

People! You should at least try to read a changelog, before you ask questions, it's not that long.

I have.

There's nothing explicitly saying stealth isn't a thing. Or, if it IS saying it, it's saying it in a very unclear way to me.

If I recall correctly from reading earlier posts, Baha was tinkering with a way to have the craft's size determine its radar signature, but I don't recall if anything came of that.

I have.

There's nothing explicitly saying stealth isn't a thing. Or, if it IS saying it, it's saying it in a very unclear way to me.

If I recall correctly from reading earlier posts, Baha was tinkering with a way to have the craft's size determine its radar signature, but I don't recall if anything came of that.

Yeah. It was not in the changelog, but for simplicity Baha decided to make RCS based purely on craft size, not shape or materials or anything.

There is no way to set action groups for the weapons (only turrets, rockets work) now? I always use it, please add it back.

Also, the BD stuff is now in two categories, you could remove it form utilities.

Edit: OK, looks like the AI doesn't like to use turrets and fixed guns.

Edited by Space Scumbag

Ok everyone, please check recent posts on the thread to make sure you are not repeating things. Some issues people have brought up have already been noted by Baha, or at least have been mentioned before.

I've noticed a strange bug, where turrets will now shoot through the ship if they are on the opposite side side of where the reticule is pointed. It seemed like they didn't use to. So far, they haven't damaged my vessel by doing so, but it does make it harder to use multiple weapons. SO far, I've only really noticed this with the Air born lasers.

Baha, I noticed in AI testing that the AI doesn't react to missiles being launched at them. They don't deploy countermeasures at all. Do you know when the AI update will be out?

Two pages back.

Having lots of fun!

Only one problem, the AI isn't trying at all. I set guard to 1s interval and 360 FOV. It detects me and starts taking off and I take off to fight it. But if I just fire one heat seeker, it gives up and lets the heat seeker blow it up, with no resistance. No evasive maneuvers, no flares, nothing. It just keeps flying until impact. Same with AIM-120s. We are flying identical planes, with radar, flares, and chaff. Why won't it attack me or defend itself?

List of stuff on the plane: Wep Manager, AI computer, Laser targetting pod, Radar nosecone, 10 Hellfires, 4 AIM-120s, 2 Sidewinders, 2 flare pods, and 2 chaff pods.

I have Guard set to 5km view, 360 FOV, and 1s interval, team B, and AI to 4 turn limiter and 4 turn dampener, min altitude 150, standard 1500, standyby mode on, pilot on.

My Wep manager is set to team A.

Why isn't it trying?

The AI isn't really updated to the new systems at all in terms of defending itself. It can lock and fire at you, but it doesn't know what an RWR is, and heat missiles no longer give it any warning that it's incoming.

This is all planned for the AI update.

Why are JDAM's that are dropped with target outside green circle not locking? I mean, the circle is "optimal", but it should be able to lock on any positions, no?

Also, the circle is not that optimal. Just dropped a JDAM from 5k meters and 150 m/s, and the target was in the circle. The bomb stuck into terrain 400 meters short and at 80m/s airspeed.

Yes, I have FAR, but I think bombs use their own aerodynamics?

As for targeting pod: Would be nice to be able to make it target selected GPS coords. IDK aboun real LANTIRN pod, but Apache gunship for sure has this functionality - read Ed Macy's Hellfire.

EDIT: WHy can't radars detect missiles? They are more than detectable, especially at a few kilometer distances.

Also, would be nice to have at least crude modeling of ground reflection - target flying low and with terrain as background for radar must be difficult to detect. FOr excample, such target would evade missiles easily, etc, ant above certain thereshold would not be detected at all.

Edited by sashan

Thanks for the quick reports guys. Working on fixing the immediate issues.

Endersmens, yeah I have a bdarmoryTODO.txt.

Thanks for being so quick! I have a question in regards to cruise missile targeting. Is there ever going to be ground scanning radar? It would be awesome if we could fire the cruise missiles from range in the direction of a target and have them lock on once they got closer. The GPS works awesome, but it's not great for extra long range anti-ship or ground target attacks.

Why are JDAM's that are dropped with target outside green circle not locking? I mean, the circle is "optimal", but it should be able to lock on any positions, no?

Also, the circle is not that optimal. Just dropped a JDAM from 5k meters and 150 m/s, and the target was in the circle. The bomb stuck into terrain 400 meters short and at 80m/s airspeed.

Yes, I have FAR, but I think bombs use their own aerodynamics?

As for targeting pod: Would be nice to be able to make it target selected GPS coords. IDK aboun real LANTIRN pod, but Apache gunship for sure has this functionality - read Ed Macy's Hellfire.

EDIT: WHy can't radars detect missiles? They are more than detectable, especially at a few kilometer distances.

Also, would be nice to have at least crude modeling of ground reflection - target flying low and with terrain as background for radar must be difficult to detect. FOr excample, such target would evade missiles easily, etc, ant above certain thereshold would not be detected at all.

YES PLEASE MAKE THE TARGETING POD BE ABLE TO JUMP TO SAVED GPS COORDS.

Also, I thought radar could detect enemy missiles. It has no reason to detect it's own missile.

Also, Baha, I LOVE the t- time to impact on the radar for missiles. That is just brilliant and some extra icing on the cake. :D

Speaking of icing on the cake, I noticed the AIM-9 Sidewinder actually sidewinds. :D (As in, it goes back and forth, side to side while tracking. It looks awesome)

also, Can someone explain how the AGM-88 HARM works?

Edited by Endersmens

Hotfix v0.9.1

= New =

- Added ability to name and rename GPS coordinates (list is not yet persistant)

= Changes =

- Laser guided missile lock HUD icon slightly larger so it appears against the circular TGP HUD reticle

= Fixes =

- Fixed AIM-120 and PAC-3 aero and steering values

- Re-enabled legacy targeting for guards when legacy targeting is enabled in settings

- Fixed guard's use of turrets

- Fixed errors when getting pinged by Large Detection Radar on RWR

Hopefully this lets you at least use legacy targeting to continue AI battles the same way as 0.8.3.

I have to go do stuff with my dad for the rest of the day, so I'll be back at it tomorrow!

I've really been trying to bight my tounge but I have to ask. Could you take the end of the current targeting pod and make a FLIR ball? I built several crafts with my own FLIR ball built from IR and Hullcam. But the new targeting system would replace what I had built so perfectly. So basically it would be like a retextured / resized ABL. But it would have the same function as the targeting pod. Sorry to bug you so soon after a release and a hotfix. Just thought I would throw it out there.

Just checked more carefully, radar can detect missiles. Will check if it can track them next.

The sensitivity is really bad, ground-based trackng radar wasn't able to detect JDAM from 1km.

- - - Updated - - -

also, Can someone explain how the AGM-88 HARM works?

Enable RWR, select HARM - you'll see enemy radars marked with symbol if you're close enough. THen launch HARM. It has lots of energy - can reach 10 km from 1500m altitude without even gliding, purely on engine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, small thing for your todo list: add module description like all the stock modules have The one that is shown in part description in SPH/VAB.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, can the radar on Goalkeeper be made functional? Tracking one, I mean. Would also be nice to have separate scanning one, like on the real thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Can tracking-only radars be made right now? THe ones that require external scanning one?

Would be really good to have 2 or more radars working at the same time on one vehicle in the next update. They could be combined like radar data receiver does it now. I guess it would be pretty easy to implement.

- - - Updated - - -

Radomes are also freakin heavy. It also offsets my existing crafts center of gravity so much that they have to be completely redesigned. Take, for example, the biggest one. 675 kilos. Similar-shaped fuel tank without fuel and small nosecone to fit it have very similar size, but weigth just 110 kg. Let's look at AN/APG-70 used on F-15E:

APG-70.jpg

Doubt electronics weights more that 70 kilos, plus the radar itself 40kg.

In addition, as we can see from LockOn, which is said to be pretty realistic, radars scan somewhere like 2 times faster, depending on a mode.

So, I've did this patch:

@PART[bdRadome1]
{
@mass = 0.175
@MODULE[ModuleRadar]
{
@scanRotationSpeed = 180
}
}

Oh, and can you include xome explanations about new cgf parameters? Like rwrThreatType and lockRotationAngle, for example.

Edited by sashan