[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Are you managing the mod for CKAN as well? That seems to still have v0.8.3 on it. if It's not you, I'll see if I can't figure out who to annoy to make sure they stay on top of it :P

EDIT: oh dang, you just released 9.0 and 9.1, so it's not really lagging behind at all! Funny timing! Well, I put in a pull request to update the metadata.

BTW, caught the cause of this 'lag' on the CKAN side - the 'v' in the version numbering was changed and that was tripping it up - "v0.8" sorts before "0.9"

An override was added that should have dealt with this. May have to be changed again if you change your version notation again :P

Baha. I'm still having problems with my guards not shooting. I have a radar on my craft, and an M230 chain gun. It is set to fire at 2.5km range. When the plane comes in range it switches to the gun but doesnt move or fire it, i have a picture of the craft earlier on this thread

EDIT: Didn't notice you replied! lol

Edited by Combatsmithen
Didn't see your reply!

When I activate the AI, the airplane goes to his cruise altitude, then just turn in a wide circle.

Is there a way to have it fly in a straight line, but still have it be in the same area?

I want to have a drone-like plane to practice my designs without having to be followed closely by a plane acting like it wanted to kill me(I usually remove the weapons for the tests, well the weapon of the other plane).

OMG, where did you get those TER and MER racks as well as pylons?

They're from my upcoming BDArmory expansion Red vs Blue (RvB). Just got them textured and been testing them since the update... pre-0.90 BDA, missiles and the occasional bomb would randomly explode when fired from any of the WE racks or the launchers - a collision mesh issue I think - but now they work perfectly! :D

OmGfO5O.jpg

The pylons and racks use a carefully constructed node system so the racks snap into place on the pylons, and whatever ordnance you want to place snaps properly onto the rack or rail (or pylon even) at the proper angle for perfect stores placement every time. :cool: It's completely modular, so it lets you do things like this:

ZPYo2xX.jpg

Left to Center: LAU-12X missile rail w/Sidewinder; Small Wing Pylon w/LAU-12X missile rail w/AMRAAM; Small Wing Pylon w/DER w/JDAM; Large Wing Pylon w/2x LAU-12X missile rail w/AMRAAM (that's an F/A-18 double missile launcher); Large Wing Pylon w/TER w/Mk. 82; Small Wing Pylon w/MER w/Mk. 82

Unfortunately I have to write a moduleManager config thing for BDA so the stores will have the proper attachment nodes, which will be an incredibly painful process as I'll have to reload the assets a million times to get the proper node placement but it'll be worth it! Okay, okay, I may be exaggerating slightly... it's only maybe about half an hour per part - I got the Mk82 done, but I faked the rest in the photos as they were there to verify that they'll launch without exploding. I'll also have find a way to make it so missiles default to forward launch and 0/0 drop time/decouple speed to avoid catastrophic launches.

RvB itself is a ways off still (I have other projects that need attention too)... I reckon it could be up to a month before I've gotten to the point where I can start a dev thread: I have some display bugs to fix (like Baha's problem earlier with the oversized parts thumbnail in the parts menu in the SPH... it's probably a unity thing from export, but it's kinda popping up randomly so I'm not too sure what causes it); my test missile isn't making its particle effects (I have to learn how to set that up); there's the 40+ parts I still have yet to build; and lastly, the modulemanager config for BDA. I will also eventually poke Baha about an idea I have for an easy way to make low observable aircraft, but not until after he's gotten through his todo list.

Any further questions or requests should be made on my blog or by PM, not here. Baha doesn't need my garbage cluttering up his thread.* :wink:

*he says after writing a ginormous post.

So i tried making a fixed .303, a few more tweaks and the muzzle flash will be ok. However the bullets being little diamonds isn't. HELP PLZ.

Note: I adapted some stuff from the old .50cal turret example so thats probably where stuff has gone wrong.

Hey, BD, can you make a 5" naval gun as seen on the Ticonderoga-class cruisers and zumwalt destroyers? If not, how can I edit turrets. I am new to part editing.

First, you pray to the kraken, then second you get unity, photoshop and a 3d modeling program, then go from there. I'm currently figuring it all out myself :)

First, you pray to the kraken, then second you get unity, photoshop and a 3d modeling program, then go from there. I'm currently figuring it all out myself :)

Wait. Is it nessecary to have photoshop? because ive been looking into making my own turrets.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, BD, can you make a 5" naval gun as seen on the Ticonderoga-class cruisers and zumwalt destroyers? If not, how can I edit turrets. I am new to part editing.

YES looks like someone else is asking for the same thing as me. Also its on the Arleigh Burke Class destroyers as well

Wait. Is it nessecary to have photoshop? because ive been looking into making my own turrets.

- - - Updated - - -

YES looks like someone else is asking for the same thing as me. Also its on the Arleigh Burke Class destroyers as well

I find photoshop gives good quality and is able to open a variety of file types, plus i have it for free on my school laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

For a modelling program i can recommend Wings3D, it's free and is a lot easier to use than blender, and when used right can give you some very good looking models. For example the Maritime Pack being developed by Fengist is made using Wings3D and has it's own UV mapping software in-built.

And every time i tried to use it i nearly ripped my own hair out without even getting anything made.

However, once you learn how to use it it's wonderful. :)

I started with zero knowledge and 1 day later I was whisking around making renders and such. It makes me want to be a modeler for mods.

Anyone want a modeler?

However, once you learn how to use it it's wonderful. :)

I started with zero knowledge and 1 day later I was whisking around making renders and such. It makes me want to be a modeler for mods.

Anyone want a modeler?

Each to their own, i find Wings3D more user friendly. Mind you i started with Google Sketchup, lol/

Hmm, I took a look. Again, will autodesk inventor work for that?

I don't know, but if you can export the model as at least a .dae it should work. However bear in mind that you need unity to setup and further export the model.

Hmm, I took a look. Again, will autodesk inventor work for that?

Not directly. You'll still need blender to convert the *.STL to a *.dae, and I believe you'll may also have to do your UVW unwrap in blender as well... but other than that, there's no reason not to use AI for your modelling if that's what works for you.

Use the TGP to target something, then click "Send GPS".

Then in the modules tab of the weapon manager, open GPS Coordinator, and you should see the GPS coordinates you sent in the list.

Then click on the coordinates to set them as your target coordintes for GPS weapons, then just drop the bomb when the reticle is over the target point.

Awesome, thanks so much!

I REALLY like this update, though there's one thing I would like: If I target a vessel by double-clicking, I'd like the targeting pod to attempt to lock to that target. At the moment, unless I'm flying fairly high and very slow, it's nearly impossible for me to lock onto anything smaller than a shuttle orbiter.