[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

This looks like an exciting update!

I'm specifically interested in AI pilot behaviour. Can they now, for instance, use bombs and rocket pods?

I haven't worked on AI yet. That's planned for later.

I haven't worked on AI yet. That's planned for later.

Looking forward to it. For the moment, I'm hoping the new guidance systems make missiles more interesting in AI dogfighting - in the last version, it was very much about the dakka.

- - - Updated - - -

Edited by colmo

Isnt drop time thing used for that?

It can't control independent parts, such as a Mk2 cargo bay. I'm guessing this can.

Edit: I guessed wrong.

Edited by colmo

Having lots of fun!

Only one problem, the AI isn't trying at all. I set guard to 1s interval and 360 FOV. It detects me and starts taking off and I take off to fight it. But if I just fire one heat seeker, it gives up and lets the heat seeker blow it up, with no resistance. No evasive maneuvers, no flares, nothing. It just keeps flying until impact. Same with AIM-120s. We are flying identical planes, with radar, flares, and chaff. Why won't it attack me or defend itself?

List of stuff on the plane: Wep Manager, AI computer, Laser targetting pod, Radar nosecone, 10 Hellfires, 4 AIM-120s, 2 Sidewinders, 2 flare pods, and 2 chaff pods.

I have Guard set to 5km view, 360 FOV, and 1s interval, team B, and AI to 4 turn limiter and 4 turn dampener, min altitude 150, standard 1500, standyby mode on, pilot on.

My Wep manager is set to team A.

Why isn't it trying?

The AI isn't really updated to the new systems at all in terms of defending itself. It can lock and fire at you, but it doesn't know what an RWR is, and heat missiles no longer give it any warning that it's incoming.

This is all planned for the AI update.

The AI isn't really updated to the new systems at all in terms of defending itself. It can lock and fire at you, but it doesn't know what an RWR is, and heat missiles no longer give it any warning that it's incoming.

oh. well crap. Now I have nothing to do. :P

Guess I'll mess around with JDAMs now. :)

I think I'll do a quick fix tomorrow to make sure everything with guard mode works as it used to with legacy targeting enabled.

For now, you can at least get to know the new systems and practice with them.

Found a little annoyance with the GPS thing. Quick saving and then reloading clears all saved GPS coordinates.

It doesn't seem like much till you've fiddled around flying in circles to put GPS markers on a lot of KSC buildings and then save and later revert to find they're all gone. :0.0:

Any way you make it so that saved GPS coordinates are persistent?

Found a little annoyance with the GPS thing. Quick saving and then reloading clears all saved GPS coordinates.

It doesn't seem like much till you've fiddled around flying in circles to put GPS markers on a lot of KSC buildings and then save and later revert to find they're all gone. :0.0:

Any way you make it so that saved GPS coordinates are persistent?

+1. The ability to progrom them (even if it's just a persistence file edit) would be valuable for a few challenges I have in mind...and possibly by YouTubers looking for multiple takes of the same scene.

@BahamutoD: Amazing update, can't wait to try it out.

But until everything is working, could you provide a download link for the version 0.8.3 on the OP?

All dogfight tournaments need that version now and some people have not yet downloaded the old version.

Here is mine, by the way: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130035-WW2-BAD-T-World-War-2-BDArmory-AI-Dogfight-Tournament-OPEN

Hey, what is Com Track on the camera? And could you also make it possible to slave the camera to the radar?

Really nice update by the way, I'm really enjoying it!

COM = Center Of Mass. It will lock the camera to the unit it is pointed at, even if it is moving (slowly).

baha you also need to update the AI so my CIWS can target the sub sonic cruise missles as ive been having that problem since 8.3.

I only ask for 0.625m radar.

(If you are feeling nice, can we have a FLIR too?)

- - - Updated - - -

Is that ballistic missile guidance I see? Time to break out the big boys

OMG IS IT?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait....I don't see it....

does that mean that stealth craft will be a thing now:)

Nope it only depends on how much FOV does a craft take.

People! You should at least try to read a changelog, before you ask questions, it's not that long.

I deleted my old install and all addons for BDarmory and installed 0.9.0 and my BD armory tab isnt working. I can open it up but clicking on buttons wont do anything and the modules button isn't there

EDIT: Nvm i made a whole new install. but i lost my craft D:

Edited by Combatsmithen