[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

This wont engage planes. It will only switch to the gun when the plane comes into range and will switch back to none when the plane leaves range. The gun will not move or fire in guard mode. please fix. I even tried locking onto it with the radar and it still did the same thing

u5jazxJ.png

What about side-looking radars, in pods and blisters for ELINT

I use stock nose cone shaped fuel tank with snub radar attached to it. Then I sink it into fuselage half-way and drain the fuel tank. Works great. Tu-142 style:

big_thumb_66f5a983428473ddcbf3e44b42693fed.jpg

Edited by sashan

Baha, can you PLEASE make some 0.625m radars? PLEASE?

Tweakscale can be your friend :) Add this line to the cfg file for the part you want rescaled. Works great with the ABL and Vulcan for me.

MODULE
{
name = TweakScale
type = free
}

Hey man. I can't stress how much this has improved kerbal for me. The weapons are fun, but the AI in particular. I'm a builder not a pilot, so I use the AI constantly to fly WIP crafts against crafts I know perform well. Watching the two craft try to outmaneuver each other really gives me a accurate look at how they perform, and it's awesome when one has the other guy at his 6 and isn't able to escape.

Here are a few videos of my using the AI to fly my craft in synchronization and combat. It also flies my zoid, and hopefully soon the Gundam.

gfy is better

LeftPassionateCreature.gif

The one big thing I would like to see is the Armed/Disarmed toggle works for guard mode as well. I want guard mode to be on, piloting and throwing flairs. But I'd like to actually control when missile is away, instead of having guard mode make that decision. So a craft can stalk another, getting on it's 6, but not firing until I arm the weapon.

Does that make sense?

Edited by clown_baby

This wont engage planes. It will only switch to the gun when the plane comes into range and will switch back to none when the plane leaves range. The gun will not move or fire in guard mode. please fix. I even tried locking onto it with the radar and it still did the same thing

a>

->

I see it. It still works with legacy targeting though. I have to recommend to just use legacy targeting when dealing with guard mode and AI until I upgrade everything to use the new systems properly.

Is this backwards compatible to 1.0.2? That's what I use because that's where some of my mods are at.

Probably? I can't test for every older version; you're going to have to try it yourself.

Will it be possible to track radar targets with the targeting pod? Also airborne ones? It's possible in real life.

Yeah, I'll add two more buttons for radar, and moving it to the selected gps coord.

Yeah, I'll add two more buttons for radar, and moving it to the selected gps coord.

Well, real pods can track targets independently from radar, just by analyzing image. It can be implemented by making it track any part that the raycast hits.

Found a serious bug. WHen two ships are one, and then decoupled (I do it with ground vehicles all the time, this way I launch whole missile battery in one go), then you can control all of their radars and system from one of them.

I must admit that at first the root part is a girder, to which ships are attached by radial decouplers. THe girder is destroyed after decoupling - it is launched into air at somewhere around 60m/s by decouplers.

Edited by sashan

Hi,

I am just curious on when are you going to "teach" the AI's on how to use the current targeting system? Also, when are you going to start a new poll? I really want contracts based on this mod. I am tired of setting everything up that would take a couple of hours which would only give me 3 minutes of fun time. Other than that, this is a very well done mod of yours. :)

Just copy the ModuleRadar config node from one of the existing radars over.

So for someone who knows pretty much nothing about coding, what all am I copying from the radars cfg file and where in quiztechs cfg file am i pasting it? Thanks in advance!

oh dear, this new update looks great but now my planes dont fire missile to each other anymore. Arm/Disarm, team A/B, Guard on auto-pilot, ect...nothing works like in past. To be honest i dont know how to use this new stuff, targeting Cam, radar, ect, I just want to see my planes autofight like they did in past, so what should I do !?

sorry for my english

Found a serious bug. WHen two ships are one, and then decoupled (I do it with ground vehicles all the time, this way I launch whole missile battery in one go), then you can control all of their radars and system from one of them.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

So for someone who knows pretty much nothing about coding, what all am I copying from the radars cfg file and where in quiztechs cfg file am i pasting it? Thanks in advance!

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRadar
omnidirectional = false
scanRotationSpeed = 120
directionalFieldOfView = 120
lockRotationAngle = 4
canRecieveRadarData = true
minSignalThreshold = 200
rwrThreatType = 1
}

Paste it anywhere inside PART{} (preferable at the end before the last bracket)

oh dear, this new update looks great but now my planes dont fire missile to each other anymore. Arm/Disarm, team A/B, Guard on auto-pilot, ect...nothing works like in past. To be honest i dont know how to use this new stuff, targeting Cam, radar, ect, I just want to see my planes autofight like they did in past, so what should I do !?

sorry for my english

Press alt-b, and check "Legacy Targeting"

I got the HARMs figured out, but I'm still having trouble with JDAMs. How are they supposed to work?

Use the TGP to target something, then click "Send GPS".

Then in the modules tab of the weapon manager, open GPS Coordinator, and you should see the GPS coordinates you sent in the list.

Then click on the coordinates to set them as your target coordintes for GPS weapons, then just drop the bomb when the reticle is over the target point.

to get this clear, did you activate the radar and use it to track the target you where attacking, and then fire the missile?
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Baha you're my hero.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRadar
omnidirectional = false
scanRotationSpeed = 120
directionalFieldOfView = 120
lockRotationAngle = 4
canRecieveRadarData = true
minSignalThreshold = 200
rwrThreatType = 1
}

Paste it anywhere inside PART{} (preferable at the end before the last bracket)

Press alt-b, and check "Legacy Targeting"

Baha you're my hero!

I've got an idea... Radar reflectors! Like those used on BQM-74E target drone. I'm now using target drones similar to that one to test weapons and do some fun shooting, but they are damn difficult ot detect and evade missiles easily...