[0.21][Parts Pack]Deep Space Mission Pack - Now open source!

kockaspiton

For some reason the ion engine says its not compatible with my version I have 0.17

Did you install this plugin? It's required for the solar panels and ion engine.

What I'm curious about is if the Energy resource from that plugin plays well with the one from PowerTech (making parts using either one compatible with each other). Off to muck about with things.

Edit: Ooookay, so it seems that nothing using energy is working with this mod. I stuck an ion engine with a battery on the pad and it won't start. Stuck some MMI panels on the platform. Nothing. Stuck some DSM panels on it. Still nothing. Right-clicking the DSM panels shows an energy gain of 3 during the day, but the battery and engine show nada. :huh:

Both the DSM battery and DSM ion engine read:

Battery Power: -1

Overall Power: 0

The part and ship indicators show Energy at 50%. I'm considering slapping PowerTech MuMech code into the cfg files for the DSM modules to get them working.

Edited by phoenix_ca

Right-click the reactor to activate it. Note that there currently is a glitch with the text not changing from "activate" to "deactivate", it only updates if you open the context menu again.

The reactor starts to work though.

BTW kockaspiton, I managed to get the part resources for the reactor working and Mu fixed the bugs I had with them, so you could make them use a resource (or two) if you wish.

Edited by Kreuzung

Could it be that your batteries fully emptied? Unfortunately there's a feature/bug in KSP where empty tanks are marked as spent and they are unable to be recharged again. It's an annoying bug especially when you're using multiple batteries. I had the situation where half of my batteries got marked as spent and I had to spend the rest of the ships natural life with half of the designed batteries.

The solution right now unfortunately is... Don't let them empty. Which sometimes requires some complicated outerspace tango.

Perhaps one of the energy plugin designers knows if it's possible to disable a tank before it is fully emptied and re-enable it when it is filled again above a certain treshhold, or to mark a tank as unspent just to get it back online?

>KinkyFerrets

>willow

You're both talking about something else here.

PowerTech had some issues in .17, get updated version here.

The battery death thing is a long time ago, I fixed it somewhere back in .15, MMI currently uses another system that does break but this mod is safe.

>KinkyFerrets

>willow

You're both talking about something else here.

PowerTech had some issues in .17, get updated version here.

The battery death thing is a long time ago, I fixed it somewhere back in .15, MMI currently uses another system that does break but this mod is safe.

Keyword "currently". MMI.S will be switched over to use EEP eventually.

Keyword "currently". MMI.S will be switched over to use EEP eventually.

It's nice to see that EEP is finally becoming a standard. Hopefully in the future all electric parts will work together from different mods, the current fragmentation was causing massive amounts of confusion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.