[0.21][Parts Pack]Deep Space Mission Pack - Now open source!

kockaspiton

I was using the decoupler that decouples with only 5 force, the one that covers the engines. And yes I am using the latest version, I downloaded it just a few hours ago. I think the issue is to do with how strongly the parts are glued, stapled, and taped together. I think the variable is "BreakingForce" and "BreakingTorque", I noticed both were missing from the battery, fuel tank, and Ion engine, that could easily explain why the only thing left over after break up was the liquid fuel engine, which had both those stats at 200. Also, from further checking, it seems like almost all the stock engines and fuel tanks have those variables, could that be the problem?

I was using the decoupler that decouples with only 5 force, the one that covers the engines. And yes I am using the latest version, I downloaded it just a few hours ago. I think the issue is to do with how strongly the parts are glued, stapled, and taped together. I think the variable is "BreakingForce" and "BreakingTorque", I noticed both were missing from the battery, fuel tank, and Ion engine, that could easily explain why the only thing left over after break up was the liquid fuel engine, which had both those stats at 200. Also, from further checking, it seems like almost all the stock engines and fuel tanks have those variables, could that be the problem?

Thank you for pointing that out! It looks like that was a problem, I made a fix, try now please.

Sorry it took a while to try it, I forgot I had a million pieces of debris from a 1000 ton concept plane, so I needed to delete my save. After doing so, the same rocket I used before got it in a perfect orbit, decoupled, and the ion stage flew away with me on it in full control, but leaving the liquid fuel stage behind because I'm dumb and screwed up the staging. So it seems to be working perfectly now. By the way, that was a pretty quick fix.

For whatever reason my solar panels are getting zero efficiency and not charging anything no matter how direct the sunlight is. I have the electricity mod installed, im not sure what the problem is

You might have the wrong solar panels. I had that issue a lot because many of the mod packs have solar panels for the aesthetics but they dont actually produce any power, or some panels work with one plugin but not others.

Oh, and the batteries are sometimes an issue, possibly for similar reasons

For whatever reason my solar panels are getting zero efficiency and not charging anything no matter how direct the sunlight is. I have the electricity mod installed, im not sure what the problem is

I think I found the cause of this, the solar panels must be in the currently active stage.

Hey, I read the DSM Strut bio. Do I get a cookie now? :3

Just so you know, some people do read these and enjoy them (me!). So don't hesitate to write them even if they are short and/or redundant. I like a description on my parts. ;)

This pack is awesome, but the ion engine is too powerful. It shouldn't be able to work within the atmosphere and the thrust is way too high. I understand it's for playability reasons, but at least make it weak enough that it can't lift itself from Kerbin. Technically, it should be even weaker but keep it nice for playability's sake.

This pack is awesome, but the ion engine is too powerful. It shouldn't be able to work within the atmosphere and the thrust is way too high. I understand it's for playability reasons, but at least make it weak enough that it can't lift itself from Kerbin. Technically, it should be even weaker but keep it nice for playability's sake.

I know, I dislike the idea of it working in the atmosphere aswell, but can't really do anything about it because it's plugin related, maybe Kreuzung can do something. Also I will lower the thrust when we can accelerate and warp at the same time, even now using it on 1x is painfully slow.

The parts say they are three meter, but they are smaller than a 3 meter tank, and larger than a 2 meter tank. Sorry for being pedantic, but they don't fit, and it looks wacky.

9eeZZ.png

They are exactly 3m in diameter (the angled edges add a little bit on the picture). The original parts aren't exactly 2m or 3m, but nobody said that they were, besides DSM were never intended to fit with them. I'll make an adapter maybe, but I see no reason for DSM parts to be the same size as vanilla, that would mean there are no real difference between them just the looks. I understand that there are some vital parts missing for full usability, and my goal is to create everything needed for a complete space mission, but the packs name isn't a coincide. I want to aim at deep space missions :D, not low orbital manoeuvres and launches, something that the parts we already have don't do.

By the way meet the new part, I had put a lot of effort into it and I must say it's something I have never done before, it adds a complete new level to the pack:

Tadaaaaaam, a streched version of the fuel tank :D.

mOcDH.png

The parts say they are three meter, but they are smaller than a 3 meter tank, and larger than a 2 meter tank. Sorry for being pedantic, but they don't fit, and it looks wacky.

If you use parts from before .16 was released, please note that they're 25% larger to fit the new size 1 (1.25m) and 2 (2.5m) parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.