[0.21][Parts Pack]Deep Space Mission Pack - Now open source!

kockaspiton

Hmm, strange. The battery should have the strut icon, the solar panel has an ?, but that's not a problem.

If you right-click the battery, it should show the energy level, and it should decrease if the engine is running and less than 2 solar panels are in the sun.

I've been telling you for some times now that I'm working on an update, and I think I own you an explanation why is it taking so long. When I started this whole package I had some modelling experience, but no texturing at all. I created the first set of parts when I was in class and was bored at college. Now it's summer time and I don't really get to the computer but not that's the main reason of the delay. I'm learning faster than I'm creating new content, so when I finish a part I look at it and say, "heck, I can do much better then this now", so I restart the work. I simply can't release something that I know is not my best. Those lighting glitches were my biggest annoyance, but now finally I can get rid of them so time for remodelling/texturing the whole thing again :D. But I see the light at the end of the tunnel, so expect a new release in one or two weeks. Mainly now I'm focusing on the quality of the parts, I want them to be on par with the vanila parts. I also want to add some new habitation parts, like a lander pod. Imagine, you bring a lander craft with yourself EVA the crew from the main craft, land then relaunch and rendezvous and EVA back. I want to make that possible with the next version of the pack.

The ion engine part still calls itself "DSM 1.5m Ion Engine" in the part.cfg file. Also, there's still some misspellings of "sturt" in the parts.

Since updating does break older ships, I think it'd be a good idea to make all-new part folders rather than overwriting older parts (like the RCS fuel struts). On that note, is there any reason why I shouldn't continue to use the 1.5 meter parts along with the new 3 meter parts?

Edit: The solar panels don't attach correctly. They seem to attach to the very center of whatever part I try to add them to, rather than the exterior.

Edited by maxpanic

Well, not really if you don't mind the.. ekhm, "low quality". I don't plan on keeping the 1,5m parts alive, at least not in their old form. Now with EVAs in place and interiors coming I don't think I could justify that small size.

Thanks for the update. Many new stations are in the works.

Also, what happened to the windows on the centrifuge? ...-snip-

edit:read first question later :blush:

Hmm, I knew I forgot something :D.

Title updated.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Thanks

Quick little criticism here.

I get a simple probe in orbit using a simple assembly of a 3x6 meter fuel tank, and the single nozzle 3 meter engine, both from KW rockets. It went without a hitch through the gravity turn and circularization. Upon dropping the massive tank in orbit, my Ion-only probe would have it's engine simply break off the battery, the end. But with a modified version of the probe, I added a simple liquid fuel tank and engine (from this mod) in between the stages. Upon decoupling the 3x6 meter tank with this arrangement, the fuel tank from this mod simply disappears (no explosion), along with the Ion engine and the solar panels I put on the Ion engine, although the normal engine just floats there behind my probe. I tried the same two configurations on the pad, and the decouples went smoothly, only in orbit does this seem to happen. Any idea what can be causing this? Oh, and if you're going to say "strut it", even the 220,000 strength struts from KW rockets do nothing to prevent the odd break up.

Thanks for any help or advice. If the solution is obvious, feel free to call me stupid.

Quick little criticism here.

I get a simple probe in orbit using a simple assembly of a 3x6 meter fuel tank, and the single nozzle 3 meter engine, both from KW rockets. It went without a hitch through the gravity turn and circularization. Upon dropping the massive tank in orbit, my Ion-only probe would have it's engine simply break off the battery, the end. But with a modified version of the probe, I added a simple liquid fuel tank and engine (from this mod) in between the stages. Upon decoupling the 3x6 meter tank with this arrangement, the fuel tank from this mod simply disappears (no explosion), along with the Ion engine and the solar panels I put on the Ion engine, although the normal engine just floats there behind my probe. I tried the same two configurations on the pad, and the decouples went smoothly, only in orbit does this seem to happen. Any idea what can be causing this? Oh, and if you're going to say "strut it", even the 220,000 strength struts from KW rockets do nothing to prevent the odd break up.

Thanks for any help or advice. If the solution is obvious, feel free to call me stupid.

Well there were some problems earlier with the decoupler breaking off the engines, I thought i fixed this bug in this version. Which decoupler are you using? Do you have the latest version of the mod?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.