[0.21][Parts Pack]Deep Space Mission Pack - Now open source!

kockaspiton

I\'m working on new pods, I noticed a huge lack of Discovery style command modules, so I went ahead and started making one. As it turns out UVW mapping a sphere is not that easy at all!

phtUZ.png

hmmm, If I can get these parts to be a little more stable, maybe they would all work together :)

a7svw.jpg5Xc1h.jpg]z3JYW.jpg]

\'The spear, the bow, the gun, and finally the guided missile had given him weapons of infinite range and all but infinite power. Without those weapons, often though he had used them against himself, Man would never have conquered his world. Into them he had put his heart and soul, and for ages they had served him well. But now, as long as they existed, he was living on borrowed time.\'

Oh my goodness. That pod is looking wonderful. If I could however suggest one thing, it would be to make the viewport darker. I think that would have more aesthetic.

I\'m liking the new parts, and I\'ve already begun concept design for interplanetary craft with this pack. The only thing holding me back is that the current version of KSP is very buggy/laggy for me, so whenever that\'s cleared up I\'ll take a few crafts out and see how they do.

Again, love the parts (Especially the 2001 command and cargo modules!)

Great work

Redownloaded KSP today, and for some reason it\'s much more stable than it was before (I have no idea why but it\'s great).

Anyway, the first thing I did was download this pack and Sarkun\'s plugin pack so I could make an interplanetary craft.

screenshot3-1.png

screenshot4-1.png

Discovery I (don\'t ask me how many ship\'s I\'ve named that. I normally have 4-5 for every new version of KSP (and since the patcher works now, I\'ll probably have to delve into Discovery\'s II and III soon).

screenshot5-1.png

screenshot12.png

I quickly realized I didn\'t near that many batteries. The extra mass I had to drag around annoyed the hell out of me.

Very fun pack, and yes, Discovery I is still flying out into interstellar space. Hopefully Mersey and Kencott don\'t have to listen to Elton sing \'Rocket Man\' too often.

One battery and two panels per engine are enough... :P

Made a craft that only uses ion engines so I could get everywhere with only one stage 8) but I\'m too stupid to find the attachment function in this forum so no screenshot for you :( (I already clicked 'Attachments and other options' but I can\'t see anything helpful in there...)

I\'m too stupid to find the attachment function in this forum so no screenshot for you :( (I already clicked 'Attachments and other options' but I can\'t see anything helpful in there...)

To upload images on the forum, you first have to upload them to a image hosting website (example: photo bucket). Then you can copy and paste the %7Boption%7D code onto your post.

jp5jrovm.png

I wrote a longer post but either my sis or my brother pulled out all the Ethernet cables of our router. Also, she needs my help with her physics presentation and he needs my laptop. Why do people love failing that much?

Great pack, how about a big hyperbolic mirror/shield like Sunshine for our missions to the Sun? :D

Good idea, when my exams are over I dig into animated parts. I\'d really like to make folding solar sails, solar panels, heat shields, and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Because it contained decompiled game code and I reported it to the moderators. Sorry. I\'m currently re-writing the plugin almost from scratch but the engines are still missing (By looking through MuMech code I found an easy solution, I\'ll try it out today). So don\'t copy the Battery, Solar panel and Ion engine part or your game will crash.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.