[0.21][Parts Pack]Deep Space Mission Pack - Now open source!

kockaspiton

@Atomic: They aren't actually attaching properly even though it looks like it is. I had the same issue. Remove it and keep pressing the rotate buttons until it attaches right. It is a bit of a buggy part.

I have been experimenting with the DSPM and I have also downloaded the Electrical Energy Plugin, which to my knowledge gave the ability for the solar panels to power batties and ion engines and what not. Am I supposed to set custom values for the solar panels and batteries for them to work properly, or maybe move the 'source' file to somewhere. Sorry I am new to the mod world.

OK, I am attempting to make a 1-meter Ion engine using the info from the .cfg from this pack, and the model of the stock 1 meter lander engine. I have tried to fly it twice, but have yielded no usable flights, as the engine does NOT start, even when staging is proper. I also made a battery using the same technique and the half-size stock tank as a model. Any ideas as to what I may have borked up?

Will do. thanks for the redirection.

----------------------------------

EDIT: After having looked at the instructions, it appears I figured it out myself. I guess that using an ion engine with a thrust of 2 doesn't really make much movement, and I didn't give it enough time to push me away from the upper stage.

----------------------------------

RE-EDIT: Nope, I needed to alter some config lines. Works great now, but I don't reccomend using an engine with a thrust of 2 to brake into Munar orbit, even if the fuel is essentially unlimited... It takes multiple passes to circularize.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

The download appears to be for Mac OSX. I'm fairly certain this will affect its ability to run on Windows 7.

Or is there a Windows download I missed?

What about trying it before posting? Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but 90% of this topic is made of posts like this.

The parts are made on mac but the plugin on Windows, that means it doesn't run on any operating system!:sticktongue:

I often see people assuming KSP modding is like Minecraft modding, but that's not the case at all, KSP is better than Minecraft in anything that can be compared.

If you would like to show your support for this mod you can put this forum code in your signature

[url=http://kerbal.net/mod.php?id=4][img=http://kerbal.net/includes/functions.php?landing=mod_infographics&target=mod_signature&id=4][/url]

when i put more than about 10 items from this mod on to one shuttle the game freezes and i can't seem to do anything about it. it puts the shuttle on the opposite side of Kerbin in the bottom of the sea. Also is the centrifuge model supposed to spin because mine does not? can anyone help me?

the centrifuge doesn't spin, and you probably don't have a good enough pc for these parts because they can be rather large. what are your specs?

i run on an acer laptop with intel core i3-2301M, intel HD 3000 graphics, 6 GB ram and 500GB hard drive. i can run with lots of vanilla parts so i presumed that it was the mod that was the problem

Yes, but that's because all the other 3m parts are wrong. This pack uses real 3m, the other ones are all rescaled and should either rescale or rename their parts in my opinion.

"real" 3m parts are barely bigger than the stock "big" parts so we're really not likely to see that happen; the old 3m parts are gonna stay at 3.75m.

Names can be updated as we go, but slowly during this transition period.

Why not match these parts to either the 2.5m parts or the 3.75meter parts. Having had to deal with 1.75m parts, I can tell you that "inbetween" sizes are a royal pain in the.. well you know.

the centrifuge doesn't spin, and you probably don't have a good enough pc for these parts because they can be rather large. what are your specs?

i managed to make the centrifuge spin with the damned robotics mod which gives an awesome effect when you put sunbeam lasers on to the centrifuge :)

Would it be possible to make some sort of wire part that behaves like the fuel lines? So you don't have to connect the panel to the batteries, full-stop. Like you can have them situated elsewhere on the ship and still supply power.

The reason I ask is I'd like to make the solar panels fold in and out with Damned Robotics.

Edited by Rabblerouser

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.